Rebounds

Love Struck Me Down

Hello, shoppers :~D I hope you're all well and not giving the Universe a reason to screw with you :~p I'm ok, just been busy travelling to Tokyo recently and trying to enjoy what's left of my summer vacation before I teach English Camp next week *shudder* Sorry it took me so long to update this, I hope you'll all leave me lovely reviews. Enjoy! 


November 2014

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 


December 2014

 

...

 

...

 

...

 


January 2015

 

“You know...I have this friend you might like.”

 

Sulli looked up from her desk with a look of pure annoyance.

 

It was Tiffany, her newest colleague, who was talking to her now.

 

The sprightly 24-year old had transferred to Sulli’s school just two months before and integrated herself well into the staff with her bubbly personality and amicable nature.

 

Sulli liked Tiffany well enough, but she was in the middle of compiling a hefty document for the principal containing the After School intake for the first semester.

 

And she needed to have it proofread, printed out, and on his desk in 20 minutes exactly.

 

She was not in the mood for what she felt sure Tiffany was talking about.

 

“You’re wasting your time, Tiffany,” Victoria scoffed with a sly smile, filing her perfectly manicured nails at her desk.

 

She was supposed to be typing up the sixth grade homeroom teacher’s memo for a proposed field trip to Hanok Traditional Village in Jeonju a month from now. But it had been placed carelessly on the edge of her desk while she focused on t her pinkie finger’s long and protruding nail.

 

“Why? Does Sulli like women?” Tiffany teased right back, swivelling around in her chair as she spoke.

 

“Pfft, yeah right! I doubt Sulli would know where anything goes with a woman!” Victoria tittered openly.

 

That led to both Tiffany and Victoria laughing hysterically at Sulli’s expense.

 

“Sulli is still sitting right here, morons,” Sulli snapped, not in the mood to share in the joke.

 

Especially when it had to do with her love life, or lack thereof.

 

“Sorry,” both Victoria and Tiffany chorused in unison, trying their best to hold their laughter in.

 

As Victoria started on painting her nails a vivid red, Tiffany decided to try talking to Sulli once more.

 

“I’m serious, you know.”

 

“About what?” Sulli asked in a distracted voice.

 

She’d already forgotten she had been annoyed with her two colleagues, that’s how concerned she was with getting her paperwork done on time.

 

“That friend of mine that I think you’d like,” Tiffany pressed on.

 

“What makes you think I’d like anyone right now?” Sulli fired back without looking up.

 

“Because you’re young, beautiful and single. And it has been two months since that last guy you dated.”

 

That made Sulli look up from her desk and shoot a withering glance at Victoria’s side profile.

 

“You told Tiffany about Lay?!”

 

Victoria had the foresight to look at least a little sorry as she turned to face her friend with a sheepish smile.

 

“I’m sorry, it slipped out. Plus, I’m pretty sure Tiffany was only plying me with drinks that night just so she could sniff that out.”

 

“Did not!” Tiffany protested in a scandalised tone. “I just naturally like playing Cupid,” she added with a cute pout on her cheeks.

 

“Well don’t bother. I’m not interested.” Sulli said with a tone of finality.

 

She knew she was being incredibly rude.

 

But talking about Lay and their failed relationship was the last thing she wanted to do right now. Especially when there was the slightest chance she’d end up crying at her desk over him for the fourth time since they’d broken up two months ago.

 

Tiffany sighed and Sulli thought for a fleeting moment that the vivacious red head had decided to give up on her line of questioning.

 

Until the same red-head popped up in front of her, having swivelled her way over to Sulli’s desk.

 

“Jesus,” Sulli quipped, clutching a hand to her chest to quell her palpitating heart.

 

“I’m sorry if I’m prying,” Tiffany murmured in earnest.

 

“You are prying. There’s no ‘if’ about it.” Victoria couldn’t resist adding from her desk.

 

Tiffany scowled at Victoria before turning back to Sulli once more.

 

“It’s just that I like you, Sulli. You’re really cool, smart and beautiful; you’ve become a good friend recently. And you deserve to be with someone you can see all the time instead of pining over an idiot that couldn’t make time for you.” Tiffany went on, laying a comforting hand on Sulli’s pale arm.

 

Sulli sighed and pressed her hands together under her chin.

 

She wouldn’t have quite put it like that where Lay was concerned.

 

Sure, the things he’d said to and about her towards the end of their relationship had been hurtful.

 

But Sulli also knew that Lay wasn’t a bad person.

 

They’d both made mistakes that had driven them apart. There was no point blaming Lay alone for everything that had happened between them.

 

“And this friend of yours isn’t currently doing his military service?” Sulli asked with a teasing smile forming on her face. ‘

 

“Already did it,” Tiffany answered with a flourish.

 

“I’m so glad I don’t have a ,” Victoria quipped mostly to herself.

 

Sulli sighed again, but this time without any weariness.

 

“Alright then, let’s hear it. What’s your friend’s name?”

 

“Choi Minho. He works for Samsung.”

 

“Holy smokes, Samsung! Date him now, Sulli – that’s all you need to know.” Victoria joined in.

 

This made both Tiffany and Sulli laugh, the previous tension melting into thin air.

 

“What else?” Sulli finally asked of her newest colleague, ignoring Victoria’s quip.

 

“He’s 26, very outgoing and athletic. He has a romantic soul.”

 

“If he’s so great, then why aren’t you dating him?”

 

“Already did,” Tiffany said with a trace of seduction. “Kidding!” she proclaimed a moment later at Sulli’s stunned features.

 

“I don’t know, Tiff,” Sulli said a few seconds later with deepset uncertainty.

 

“How about this? Let’s all go out for drinks together one of these night. No blind date, just friends hanging out. Then you can see for yourself how great Minho is without any pressure. Whaddya say?”

 

Sulli wondered silently just how many times Tiffany Hwang had used that devilish eye-smile on unsuspecting victims to get her way like she was doing right now.

 

Too bad it was working though.

 

“I’ll think about it.”

 

“That’s Sulli’s polite way of saying ‘ no’,” Victoria supplied.

 

“It doesn’t mean that!” Sulli protested in an irate tone. “It means I’ll make up my mind later,” she added with dignity.

 

“That’s all I ask.” Tiffany said, turning away from her colleague with a smile of intense satisfaction.

 

Sulli managed to get her paperwork done in time before her boss could breathe fire down her neck. But that just left her with more time to think about what Tiffany had suggested and wonder if she was really ready to let someone new in just yet.


“Hana, dul set! Bballi, bballi!” the drill sergeant barked at regular intervals.

 

Lay’s body and mind were in a state of furious exhaustion that he would’ve loved nothing better than to punch the older man in the face.

 

But that would’ve been difficult to achieve in his current state, seeing as he was waist deep in ice cold water a stone’s throw from their military base.

 

It was a popular drill that all the new recruits were forced to do in the heart of winter.

 

Their activities ranged from swimming laps across the semi-frozen river, doing a series of tai-chi and yoga exercises to strengthen their arm and leg muscles and then of course, carrying heavy bags of equipment to prepare their minds and bodies for travelling through isolated areas in case of sudden warfare.

 

It wouldn’t have been so bad if they’d been allowed to wear all of their usual gear.

 

But instead, all of the soldiers were forced to just wear their regimented camo pants and boots along with a white headband over their foreheads. Which meant that their wiry thin chests were exposed to the freezing cold water and chilly wind that currently invaded their skin at every turn.

 

Lay hated these drills the most.

 

With that said, these intense exercise regiments were the only things that distracted him from thinking about Sulli, allowed him to fall asleep mercifully in a fit of exhaustion.

 

That didn’t stop him from dreaming about her almost daily. Sometimes the dreams were achingly sweet; but mostly, they were just awful with the way that Sulli looked at him with utter contempt and ran off into the arms of a faceless stranger, leaving Lay’s heart to shatter into a million pieces.

 

Lay knew it was his fault and that he deserved to feel this miserable.

 

Things were finally getting back on track with him and Sulli and he just had to go ruin it by trying to get breathing room from her at the worst possible time.

 

And now she was gone.

 

She loved him and she still broke up with him.

 

Choi Jinri was like the sun currently shining down on him: ever-present, but too remote to provide him with any real warmth.

 

Lay wished he could’ve told her he loved her before she’d hung up on him that fateful night. But a big part of him thought that it wouldn’t have made a shred of a difference.

 

Sulli was headstrong and stubborn, two traits he’d always admired about her. Once she made up her mind about something, nothing could stop her and make her deviate her from her path.

 

It just happened that her path was taking her further and further away from him.

 

“Zhang Yixing! Get your head out of the clouds!” Chen barked impatiently next to his roommate.

 

Usually, he was more than equipped to participate in any gruelling drills the sergeants threw at him.

 

But he was extremely sleep deprived and hadn’t enjoyed a full intake of caffeine over breakfast earlier, so he was prone to being grumpier on a freezing cold day like today.

 

Lay snapped out of his reverie and shot his friend a guilty smile.

 

“Sorry, bro. I was trying to think ‘warm’,” he joked feebly, his eyes flitting over the chunks of ice floating in the water surrounding his body.

 

“Well don’t think too hard about being ‘warm’. Sergeant Pyeong Shin is heading this way and he definitely wants you to act like you’re freezing your balls off,” Chin warned.

 

Despite the crumby circumstances, Lay chuckled softly at the unfortunate nickname of their drill sergeant, Pyeong Shin Hwa. ‘Pyeong Shin’ just happened to describe someone as ‘chronically retarded’ in Korean.

 

If their drill sergeant ever knew that they called him that behind his back, he’d make them swim 200 laps in this frozen water every single day.

 

Luckily, they were only forced to do it twice a week now since Spring was fast approaching.

 

“Thanks for the tip,” Lay said in a grateful murmur, ing his arms forward in a classic combat pose.

 

“Speaking of things that could warm your balls up, check out the bodacious hottie at 2 o’clock,” Chen remarked, cocking his head to the right.

 

Lay followed his friend’s lead and caught sight of a beautiful woman with long raven-black hair tied in a tight ponytail and dressed in light green military fatigues, walking alongside Sergeant Pyeong Shin Hwa.

 

The half Chinese half Korean recruit was sure he’d never seen her around before.

 

Who was she?

 

“She’s Park Sung Baek’s daughter.” Chen supplied, knowing full well what his friend was thinking in the moment.

 

Lay emitted a low whistle of surprise.

 

Park Sung Baek was the captain of their regiment and a decorated soldier at the height of his career.

 

He’d heard rumours about Park Ye Eun, the captain’s beautiful daughter who was also a permanent member of the Korean military, but this was the first time he was actually laying eyes on her.  

 

“What’s she doing here?” Lay asked of Chen in a conspiratorial manner.

 

“Who knows? Maybe she has her pick of the strapping young men in this regiment that could satisfy her ually,” Chen joked.

 

“You sick ,” Lay chortled loudly, which was a mistake as Sergeant Pyeong Shin Hwa appeared suddenly at their sides.

 

“Zhang Yixing, what the hell are you laughing about?! There’s nothing hilarious about having your count lowered from intense contact with ice water!” the infamous drill sergeant bellowed at the top of his lungs.

 

“Told you,” Chen quipped softly under his breath.

 

Luckily the drill sergeant didn’t hear his remark, his fury focused wholly on the lean recruit standing in front of him with a panicked look on his face.

 

“Sorry, sir!” Lay boomed submissively, keeping his eyes averted and his neck stretched out in the air. “Just trying to keep my morale up during these motivational exercises!”

 

“Oh, you think they’re motivational, do you?” Pyeong Shin Hwa sneered openly. “I’m so glad you feel that way, Zhang Yixing. Now go do 50 more laps to the other side of the river and back!”

 

Lay groaned inwardly and nodded silently, avoiding the obvious amusement painted on Chen’s face beside him.

 

“Yes, sir,” he said in a lowly murmur.

 

As he sighed and got into position, he caught sight of Park Ye Eun staring at him with what looked like unfathomable curiosity.

 

An uncomfortable pit formed in Lay’s stomach as he arched his arms forward and dove into the freezing cold water.


February 2015

 

After successfully dodging all of Tiffany’s attempts to get her to come out drinking with her, Sulli finally caved in and allowed herself to be dragged to an upmarket nightclub in Gangnam with the sprightly red-head, Victoria, Minho and two of his male friends, Baek-ho and Seungri.

 

When she finally dared to make eye contact with Choi Minho, she realised with a begrudging air that Tiffany had been right about her friend.

 

He was very handsome.

 

But that didn’t stop the short-haired woman from pointedly avoiding having any real conversation with him all night long.

 

Instead, she made small talk with Minho’s two friends, who were just as good looking as he was, but with less of a lethal effect on her torrid emotions.

 

No matter how many meaningful looks both Tiffany and Victoria threw her way, Sulli ignored them both and took to taking dainty sips from her strawberry daiquiri, which left a distinctly bitter taste on her tongue.

 

Seungri asked her to dance later in the night and she graciously accepted.

 

As it turned out, Seungri had killer dance moves, earning him a few wistful stares of longing from several other women in the near vicinity who weren’t shy in shooting Sulli dirty looks along the way.

 

But Sulli didn’t care.

 

She was tired of caring about trifles, big or small, that caused her any sadness.

 

Tiffany wanted her to drink and flirt and that was exactly what she planned on doing tonight.

 

Seungri was easy to be with, fun and engaging without imposing himself too much on her.

 

Sulli wondered why Tiffany hadn’t suggested she go out with Seungri.

 

There was nothing remotely dangerous about him.

 

Minho on the other side, kept throwing looks of dark intensity her way at regular intervals that made her spine tremble with a mesh of discomfort and pleasure.

 

The fast-paced song ended and Seungri asked Sulli to dance once more to a slow romantic song.

 

She wrapped her small arms around his lanky shoulders and melted easily into his embrace, ready to let the night spin away completely.

 

Until several tall men in military uniforms shuffled past the two of them, laughing animatedly amongst them.

 

None of them even looked remotely like Lay. But their familiar attire and carefree attitudes did.

 

It brought back painful memories of when she’d gone to visit him at his base, sitting on his small bed and staring at his forlorn features caked in mud, sweat and drizzle from the rain outside.

 

A swirling heat cascaded over her cheeks, making it extremely hard to breathe.

 

And she pushed Seungri away abruptly, apologising in a frantic whisper as she extricated herself from him and the heart crushing sensation sweeping over her.

 

She ignored the voices of her friends calling out to her as she pushed past more people and walked through a long and lonely hallway where the bass line from the dance floor thrummed in her ears like swarming bees.

 

With a whimper of relief, she was finally outside on the sidewalk, inhaling the chilly night air like it was her own personal respirator.  

 

Sulli cursed silently at the fact that scores of fresh tears had fallen onto her face from the memories of Lay that aded her aching brain.

 

She didn’t want to think about him; not now, not ever.

 

“Hey!”

 

She turned around sharply, frowning in confusion as none other than Minho came jogging towards her.

 

He was carrying something brown and thick in his arms, something vaguely familiar.

 

Then she remembered why it was that she was shivering violently from head to toe.

 

Sulli thought it had been because of Lay, but in truth it was mostly because she was cold. And Minho had brought her jacket along with him.

 

He finally came to a stop in front of her and Sulli was struck anew by how tall Minho was and the black dots that formed in his dark brown eyes as he stared down at her.

 

“You left your jacket behind,” Minho said by way of introduction, feeling decidedly flustered in the moment.

 

It was hard not to be when he’d finally laid eyes on the colleague Tiffany hadn’t shut up about for a good month.

 

Choi Jinri was every bit as beautiful as Tiffany had said she would be, if not more.

 

“Thank you,” Sulli whispered, feeling self-conscious.

 

She took her jacket from Minho and tried to get her arms through the sleeves. But her hands moved forward with a spastic motion, making her more embarrassed and frustrated in the moment.

 

“Here, let me help you,” Minho murmured in close proximity.

 

Sulli stopped herself from emitting a shaky breath with Minho coming to stand behind her, stretching out her jacket with one hand and guiding her arms through the holes with the other.

 

Minho almost went so far as to tie the buttons when he was done, but stopped himself in time.

 

“Thank you,” Sulli said yet again as they stood awkwardly together amidst the obnoxious honks of orange taxis and people shouting greetings to each other across the street.

 

“Are you ok? If Seungri said or did anything to upset you, then I’ll-”

 

Sulli found herself laughing at Minho’s fiercely protective stance, releasing the tension trapped deep within her.

 

“No, it wasn’t him. He was a perfect gentleman.” She explained with a small smile once her laughter finally died.

 

“Oh. Good,” Minho stammered, feeling tiny beads of sweat forming on the back of his neck.

 

“It was the soldiers,” Sulli found herself saying. “They reminded me of...someone I used to know.”

 

“That makes sense,” Minho said a moment later. “Soldiers always remind me of my grandmother.”

 

Sulli quirked an eyebrow at this and Minho found himself rushing to explain.

 

“She used to be a cook in the army.”

 

That had the effect of making Sulli laughing even more and that made Minho smile.

 

Even though they’d just met tonight, he already knew that he liked seeing her happy.

 

“I’m feeling pretty tired now. So I think I’ll head home. Would you please tell Tiffany I’m sorry and that I’ll see her at work on Monday?”

 

“You know, it’s pretty late now. Maybe I should take you home; if...if you want.”

 

Normally Sulli would’ve declined such an offer from a man she’d just met.

 

But she felt so exhausted and sad thinking about Lay that it was marring her judgement just a little.

 

And Choi Minho was so delightfully earnest that it made her head spin with the possibilities.   

 

“Ok,” Sulli said after a long while, smiling just a little at her unexpected knight in shining armour.

 

Minho had to walk quicker to catch up with her as they soon fell in step and into a comfortable silence.


Lay found his back being slammed hard against his dormitory room door as Park Ye Eun’s small and lithe frame covered his as she pressed scorching kisses along his jaw line.

 

She’d approached him shortly after that awful day swimming laps in the frozen river and they’d begun a comfortable acquaintanceship of sorts since then.

 

Ye Eun was currently doing a tour of all the neighbouring military bases in the area, KAA being the last one on her list since it was where her father was stationed. She was a rank above Lay, a junior officer in the army with glowing accolades already in her chosen career.

 

Lay had finally plucked up the courage to ask her to go out to dinner with him instead of the two of them enjoying the sludge they usually served in the army cafeteria. So they’d taken a short walk through the high steel gates of the compound to a small country restaurant a few kilometres away.

 

Despite it still technically being winter, the night air was welcoming and pleasant with tiny flecks of snowflakes falling and melting onto the tops of their thick coats.

 

Dinner had been nothing special, but Lay had enjoyed himself immensely in Ye Eun’s company.

 

She was friendly and well-versed on many a subject, keeping the conversation flowing at regular intervals.

 

And then there was the fact that she was beautiful in a way that would’ve made runway models envious with her angular cheek bones, thin lips that curved into the shape of a heart, dark eyes, and long black hair that fell in romantic streams of desire over her shoulders.

 

Yes, Lay was sure he liked Ye Eun more than a little.

 

She was the first woman who had managed to take his mind off of Sulli for more than a few hours at a time.

 

Now they were back at the military outside his dorm, kissing furiously without any fear of anyone walking in on them, especially Chen who would have a field day at the sight.

 

But Lay was beginning to forget about everything and everyone as he ran his big hands over the smooth ridges of Ye Eun’s slim waist, pulling her closer to his chest.

 

And just when the night was about to take a very interesting turn, Ye Eun dragged away from his, her breathing coming out in panting gasps against his neck as she stood on tiptoes to face him.

 

“Is your roommate inside? If so, we can go to my room instead and...pick up where we left off.” Ye Eun murmured with a confident air.

 

A proposal like that should’ve excited Lay beyond words.

 

But all he could think about now was the day when Chen had purposely not been in their room so that he could enjoy himself with the last woman who’d shared his bed.

 

The same woman that still had his heart in every way that counted, even if he’d just spent the last 5 minutes kissing someone else.

 

Lay groaned with intense disappointment as he stopped caressing Ye Eun’s sensuous body and fixed her with a forlorn gaze.

 

“I’m sorry, Ye Eun. You’re an amazing woman and I like you a lot. But I think I’m still in love with my ex-girlfriend who I broke up with two months ago. I just didn’t realise how much until you invited me to your bedroom a second ago.”

 

Those words had the effect of making Ye Eun emit a loud hiss of disapproval as she created some distance between herself and Lay.

 

“Are you kidding me?” she questioned with obvious disdain.

 

“I’m not big on making jokes seconds before I’m about to get laid.” Lay said with resignation.

 

Ye Eun ran a hand through her dishevelled hair and laughed mirthlessly to herself.

 

“Good thing there’s an army base filled with handsome men who aren’t too afraid to go the distance with me,” She said in parting as she stomped off in a mad huff.

 

Lay watched her go with genuine regret, sighing loudly to himself as he unlocked his dorm room and stepped inside.


March 2015

 

It was Sulli and Minho’s second date and things had been going well up till a few minutes ago.

 

They weren’t actually a couple just yet; Minho had been patient with Sulli’s vague and distant attitude towards the definition of their relationship.

 

With that said, Sulli was beginning to like Minho quite a bit.

 

He was sweet, caring and chivalrous; he didn’t deserve to be strung along like this.

 

The only reason she’d held out for so long was because of a certain someone with three letters in his name.

 

And Minho had come uncomfortably close to asking Sulli if she’d ever been in love before.

 

That was why she had fled the restaurant, trying to flag down a taxi to take her home.

 

But just like the first night they met, Minho was right behind her, tugging on her wrist and making her turn to face him again.

 

“What’s wrong, Sulli?” he asked with frenzied anxiety. “Did I do something wrong?”

 

“No, it’s not you at all,” Sulli murmured, feeling real tears stinging the corners of her eyes as she struggled to keep her emotions in check. “You didn’t do anything wrong. It’s me and I’m so sorry. I don’t think I’m the right girl for you.”

 

“Why don’t you let me be the judge of that?” Minho questioned with sudden warmth, encircling Sulli’s tiny waist with his hands.

 

“I did love someone right before I met you,” Sulli found herself saying.

 

She would’ve said anything in that moment to avoid the shudder of pleasure that shot up her spine from the way that Minho was holding her close.

 

“What happened?” Minho asked, even though he wasn’t entirely sure he wanted to know the answer.

 

But his desire to comfort the woman he’d fallen for in a short time overrode the gnawing pit in his stomach from confronting the reason why he was comforting her right now.

 

“We grew apart and I got tired of waiting for him. So I ended it.” Sulli answered, her tears finally falling onto her cheeks as she spoke.

 

She gasped in awe when Minho’s fingers danced across her face to wipe the tears away.

 

“If he wasn’t making you happy, then you did the right thing,” he murmured with simplicity.

 

“Sometimes I’m not so sure,” Sulli admitted with shaky laughter.

 

“I am,” Minho said with sudden gravity.

 

Sulli stared up at him, her hands finding purchase on the clefts of his arms.

 

“How can you be sure when I don’t even know why it didn’t work out?”  

 

“Because he let you walk away and I get to be here with you right now. That’s how I know, even if you are currently ruining my favourite dress shirt.”

 

“Minho...” Sulli began, her voice sounding uncertain and higher than usual. “I like you, probably more than I should. I’m just not sure I should be dragging you down with my emotional baggage.”

 

“Choi Jinri, you dragged me down the second I got lost in those mesmerising eyes of you. I have no regrets when it comes to knowing you and wanting you the way I do.” Minho whispered sweetly, his fingers caressing Sulli’s jaw line with slow clarity.

 

Sulli didn’t think twice about it when she clasped Minho’s hands tightly in hers and drew their mouths together in a swirling tornado of wonder-filled desire.

 

Minho in turn brushed their noses together as they stayed wrapped up in each other on just another busy street in the heart of Seoul.

 

For the first time in what felt like forever, Sulli felt herself losing control in the best possible way as she gave herself over to Minho’s dulcet disposition as he whispered sweet nothings in her ears, laying loving kisses all over her skin as he held her close.

 

And in that moment, Sulli felt genuinely happy as she smiled against Minho’s lips.


“Dude, what are you doing?” Chen complained when Lay switched on the lamp between their two beds.

 

It was 2am and Chen had been longing for a good night’s sleep.

 

Which wasn’t meant to be with the way that his roommate was currently rifling through papers and scratching away loudly at them with his pen.

 

“You had better be making your will, Zhang Yixing. Because I’m going to kill you for waking me up,” Chen grumbled, burying his head underneath his pillow.

 

Lay chuckled lightly as he continued filling in important details on the form in front of him.

 

“You’d be too lonely without me listening to your lame jokes,” he countered with an amused smirk on his face.

 

“Seriously, what are you doing now that can’t wait till morning?” his roommate asked him from beneath his pillow.

 

“I’m applying for early leave,” Lay answered, wholly focused on the task before him.

 

Chen emerged from underneath his pillow, looking mutinous.

 

“Now I’m definitely going to kill you.”

 

“Don’t be so dramatic. You love early morning drills.”

 

“Not after that moron Siwon pummelled my in an impromptu wrestling match before dinner earlier.”

 

“A wrestling match that you stupidly agreed to.”

 

“Touché,” Chen conceded. “Seriously, why are you suddenly interested in applying for early leave? You’re just going to see your family.”

 

“And Sulli beforehand if I can manage it,” Lay replied swiftly.

 

Chen groaned and sank back against his springy mattress. “You crazy bastard...”

 

“Don’t start with that again,” Lay warned, not in the mood for his roommate’s negativity.

 

“It’s been 5 months, bro. What makes you so sure that Sulli would even want to see you after all this time?” Chen asked with genuine sympathy.

 

He knew all too well how hung up his roommate had been on his ex.

 

But even this seemed like a stretch too far.

 

“I’m not sure about this at all. But I was an idiot for ever giving up on her, Chen. I need to see her again so I can finally know for sure whether I should fight for her or if I should finally let her go. Done,” Lay added on the last part with a triumphant smile.  

 

He’d finished filling out the form.

 

All that was left to do was submit it to the administrative office later in the morning before he started his drills.  

 

“Good luck trying to convince Captain Park about wanting to see your ex after you rejected his daughter.” Chen couldn’t resist retorting.

 

“A man can dream,” Lay said in a sardonic manner.

 

Chen sighed and to his side, facing away from his roommate.

 

“Only fools rush in...” he whispered to the room at large, quoting a famous English song.

 

Lay couldn’t help silently agreeing with his friend as he folded the slip of paper and put into the dresser beside the bed and switched off the lamp.

 

But it was too late to back out now.

 

He still loved Sulli and he was going to make damn well sure that she knew it too.  


Up next: Sulli and Lay meeting again in Seoul *dun dun dun* I made use of a writing tool that I first saw in Stephenie Meyer's 'New Moon' (Yes, I'm a Twilight fan. Try and focus.) to show time lapsing by with silence after a bad break up. I added in Park Ye Eun/ aka Yenny from Wonder Girls in at the last minute as Lay's y distraction for all of 5 lines. You guys should check out her solo single 'Ain't Nobody' on YT, girl's got serious vocals and moves :~O

Screen-Shot-2014-07-30-at-10.34.58-PM-79

And now I'm going to try to update FECH and LTH sometimes this year. Thanks for the support, you guys rock my world. Take care, cheerio!