Chapter 2

Thanks for Everything
THE NEXT MORNING 1 TEXT MESSAGE Hey. Wanna hang out? I’ll be at XXX Café at 10. See u there :) You read out the text Sehun sends you that morning. You’re still thinking about last night. How are you going to make it up again with Kai? You decided to ask for Sehun’s advice. Since that Kai is his best friend. You jump off your bed to get your towel. After a 20 minutes shower, you get in your black top and pink ruffle skirt. You grab your purse and car key and drive away to the meet Sehun. You arrive at the café 10 minutes later. It is 9.30am but you can see Sehun, sipping his bubble tea at the table. You’re planning to have your bubble tea first while waiting for him, since that you’re 30 minutes early. But it seems like he is 1 hour earlier. You walk into the café, smiling to the waving Sehun. “Wow. You’re 30 minutes early, Yura,” he blurts out, the foam at his lower lip. “And you’re an hour early. How normal,” you sarcastically reply. He chuckles at your answer. “So.. how are you doing these days? You know.. It has been a while,” Sehun starts the conversation. “Hmm… I know right?” you say as you let a heavy sigh. “What’s the matter? You look down.” You ignore him and stare outside the window. How are you suppose to explain to him about last night? He is also one of the problem! “It’s about Kai, right?” Sehun pulls you out from your train of thoughts. You are about to ask him ‘how did you know’ when he cuts you. “Come on, Yura. I knew you since we’re in high school”. You nod shyly and smile bitterly. “Last night...” you start. “We’ve got... you know… a bit misunderstanding.” Sehun nods lightly, asking you to continue. “He just, went away. Just like that. He didn’t answer my calls, reply to my texts. I was just…” you pause. Don’t cry, Park Yura, you say to yourself. “How can I make it up again with him?” you sigh, face palming yourself. “Don’t cry… I’m sure you guys will be okay soon. I’ll help you. I’ll do anything. Just to see you smile again,” Sehun calms you. You lift your face and lock your teary eyes with his. His golden eyes look so pure, so innocent, and so sincere. Somehow you felt somewhat fluttery in your stomach. You gulp and look away. You can feel your face heating up, feeling shy of his sweet words. “Look, we’ve been planning for a party tomorrow night. I’ll ask Kai to come. Why don’t you join them and try to talk with him?” Sehun suggests. “Them? Why? You aren’t coming to the party?” You are more interested in Sehun’s not-coming-to-the-party instead of your relationship with Kai. “Hey stupid. It’s about you and Kai, not me. Remember?” Sehun exclaims. “Oh yeah… S-sorry… Sure, I’ll be there,” you reply. “Great! I’ll tell you when and where. Just wait for my text, okay?” Sehun says as he wipes your flowing tears with his thumb. You froze at his sudden action. “Gosh. You look ugly with that stunned face, Yura,” Sehun cracks out. You widen your eyes at his sinister words. “Really? You look ugly with that face too.” “Are you saying that I’m always ugly?!” Sehun cries. You stuck out your tongue at him. Both of you burst out a laugh. You stop laughing when you notice something dark flowing out from Sehun’s nostril. “S-Sehun, you’re bleeding!” You cry out. OMG Sehun with a bleeding nose.