All Because of My Obsession

Obsession Equals Love

Dara looked down at her phone. She's responded with a simple lock screen, no text message. Her heart throbbed and she sighed wearily. "You were supposed to text me by now." Her words were bitter. I really want to talk to you right now. Finally she gave in and sent a message, sighing again. This is my obsession

Chanyeol was always different compared to her. He was always laughing and smiling. He took eveything lightly and did his best. She preferred the background while he gladly took the spot light. One day he reached his hand out to her and she took it, shaking. With him she felt loved and adored. He taught her that the world was hers if she would just have the confidence to take it. Where did he go? But you’re getting further apart. If we break up nothing will be different.

Nervously Dara began to smooth her long hair. Her phone lit up the dark room and she snatched it. A sickening pain crept to her stomach as she read the words “What’s up?” She swallowed hard and looked around the empty room as if someone was supposed to be there to comfort the breaking girl. Everything Dara had built up began to crack and she smiled painfully as the hot tears fell down her face. For you this isn’t my love, it’s my obsession. “Nothing much. What are you up to?” Her slim fingers trembled while typing. This isn’t fair. "How can I feel like this but he is perfectly fine?" She choked. The girl crawled into a small, pathetic ball. You are my obsession.

Her mind is a complete and utter mess. The sobbing was getting louder. If any of the others could hear her, they didn't come in to disturb her. She held the phone so tight her knuckles were white. You are my obsession.

The phone vibrated in her hand, startling her. “I'm watching a movie with some friends.” That’s when she lost it and let out the most heart wrenching noise. When you said you loved me, it wasn’t the truth. Wordlessly I feel your expression saying goodbye. Painfully she allowed herself to lay there and think of all the things they did together. She remembered the way Chanyeol caressed her face and kissed her. He had a habit of laying her in his lap and lovingly playing with her hair. She even hid one of his jackets in her closet. They held hands while walking late at night, under the stars. But he left her suddenly. Where did all of that go? Weren’t there feelings behind those actions? The crying girl just wanted to scream. Don’t say you love me if it’s not the truth. This isn’t love, its obsession.

He's slipping from her, she realized. Yes, it was painful that he was with other people but what hurt the most was that he didn't want to hang out with her. He didn't want to be with her. “It’s over.” She felt say, but her broken heart wouldn’t hear those painful words. Dara had actually realized it was over after he had cut off almost all contact with her a few days ago. She looked past it and continued to think of him, she still tried. I don’t have the confidence to forget you. I can’t do anything about it. It took all she had to delete their conversation right there. She didn’t want to look at it, she didn’t want to think of him.-Goodbye

Love equals obsession, obsession equals love. You are my obsession. Sniffling, she got up to go to the bathroom. The light blinded her and she tried to refrain from seeing her reflection. The pink and swollen eyes looked back at the broken girl. She washed her teeth, face, and went to bed. You are my obsession.