Don't Go

Stay

Soft thumps of feet could be heard from the room, the dark room drench into lightness as a figure enters the silent room. Kris didn’t look up to know how it was he knew it too well that it hurts.

The door was left open as Tao walk closer to him, voice quivering

“Gege, what are you doing?”

Kris didn’t bother to answer and continue shoving his clothes into the big black luggage he owns, just the way he was doing it earlier before Tao came.

“Kris, answer me.” Tao continued

Kris finally stopped and straightens his back which was facing Tao, but he still kept silent. He knew that Tao is trying to stop him, he can’t. He needs to get out of the hell-hole they are stuck for a couple of years because of a contract. He didn’t bother to turn around to face the younger boy. He just shook his head and bend down to continue his work.

“Kris-gege… please” Tao pleaded with the hint of sadness

Kris pushed back the burn on his eyes as the tears welled up. He needs to be strong to leave everything behind, even his most beloved.

Tao walked to him again and Kris knew that the boys shaking hands are reaching for him, like the days when they fight or Tao is scared.

“Stop!” he yelled making the younger boy flinch in surprise, “Don’t…” he trailed off into a whisper.

A single unseen tear ran down his cheeks.

Tao was about to reach for him again but was stop by another presence inside the room. Kris took a glance over his shoulder and saw Minseok. The older boy hushed the younger boy out of the room and walk to the bedside facing Kris with a sad smile. Kris can only smile.

“Do you need to do this?” the older boy asked him and Kris smiled again

“How about Tao? Don’t you love him? You’re leaving him you know.” Minseok finished which made the smile falter and another tear threaten to fall.

“I need to do it… or else they will target Tao soon. You know how y our boss can be.” Kris tried to smile through his tears

Minseok gave a bitter smile, a tear from his eyes join down the ground together with Kris’s one.

A loud bang from the front door can be heard as it opens and closes. Feet ran down to the direction of his room. It was the heaviest and it can just be from the giant. He guessed the other members are back.

All of the sudden he was held up and was slammed against the nearest wall. A hand tightly held on his collar. Kris didn’t yelp, scream or fight back the pain, he know he deserve it. He looked up to Chanyeol and met his eyes which burn holes on his skull. Chanyeol is holding up his other hand to swing a punch at him. Kris didn’t flinch or move, he just stare blankly.

“Why are you leaving you idiot?” Chanyeol yelled

“You can still withdraw the lawsuit! Why are you leaving us?” he continued yelling

“You can’t leave all of us here! You can’t Kris! It could be easy for you but not for us. It’s hard to let something go so easily.” Chanyeol was pulled away by Jongin, Sehun and Minseok. Baekhyun was calming him down, but Kris, he was just staring at him. He can’t see his Tao at the scene, all he can’t hear is the yell of the said boy out to the living room. And it pains him, so much.

He rested his back to the wall and slid down, head hung down as tears continue to cascade down his face.

“You… you’re a ing selfish man!” Chanyeol yelled and dash out of the room and out of the grip of the other members.

Kris remained silent as hand help him up and herd him to sit on his bed where his luggage stood unmoved.

“Duizhang, forgive Chanyeol, he’s just confuse.” It was Baekhyun

Kris just shook his head. Chanyeol is right. He is a selfish man, he quit before it even started but the agency is pushing his limits until they are burnt out. It wasn’t just him, even his other members; his precious brothers. He could do anything but to follow orders like a pawn in the game. The case was the same as their sunbae in SuJu.

“We can’t still fix this; let’s beg the management to rearrange our contract so we can…” Baekhyun was cut off by Kris’s hands on his.

Kris shakes his head, this time looking at him with tear-stained face.

“What do I have to do?” Baekhyun asked. He clearly knew Kris to come up with the question.

He knows he can’t change the leader’s mind, only Tao could, but at this time he can’t.

“Just take care of my panda. Make sure his healthy and happy.” Kris ordered, smiling softly

Baekhyun nodded and walked out of the room, his position was replaced by Yixing and Junmyeon, who is crying too.

“Hi there Leader.” Junmyeon tried his best not to break down.

“You’re leaving us now. Can’t you just stay?” he asked fighting the tears off

Kris shakes his head; he was trying his best to stay blank as tears are falling down.

“Who’s gonna help me scold the kids when they are noisy? Who’s going to help me make order and peace around here? Who’s going to shut Tao up when he wants Gucci?” Junmyeon asked, heart broken and sobs wrack his frame.

“I’m sorry Suho… I’m…sorry.” Was all he could say.

Yixing was just silent and holding his Duizhang’s hands with tears on his eyes.

“Can I borrow your phone” Yixing didn’t asked why and gave the device to Kris.

Kris tapped a few button and the screen showed an application, ‘Instagram’ and the button ‘unfollow’. It wasn’t Kris own account. It was Tao’s account, he opened it up and unfollowed his own account, and then he gave it back to Yixing.

“Unfollow me too.” He instructed Yixing who is calming the other leader.

Both of them went out to the living room where the others would be, leaving Kris alone to make his final check of his belongings. He held the bag and slowly walked out. Suddenly Tao barge in with tear-stained cheeks, he looks brokenhearted and it pains Kris even more.

“Kris, don’t go… please stay.” Tao was crying and all Kris could do was to drop his bag and hug his lover.

It was his last hug for Tao so he should make this only thing last. Make the pain of leaving his beloved stop right at that moment.

“Is it my fault? Was it me?” Tao asked voice hoarse from crying

“No, it wasn’t you baby. Things are just complicated and I need to leave, please forgive me.” Kris was crying again and he hate it.

He hate crying, he hate hurting Tao and he hate his agency.

“Then why are you leaving me? Who’s going to calm me down when I cry? Who’s going to defend me from the other member’s prank? Who’s going to do shopping with me on free time?” Tao asked it all out, trying to reason out as he can’t stop crying.

Kris clearly hate all of what Tao said. It brings happy memories, happy yet painful memories.

Then he let go of the boy, grab his belongings and walk out to the living room. Tao was running behind calling out his name. It took a second before Minseok grab the younger boy and held him down. Everyone on the living room was crying, even the poker-faced maknae is crying on Luhan’s shoulder.

Kris stopped and looked back at them and smile for the last time.

“Don’t go! Don’t leave me!” Tao yelled struggling from Minseok and Chen’s hold

Kris took a finally glance at his beloved Panda and walk out of the room. He can hear the clear voice of the younger boy saying ‘My gege is gone, he left me. Minseok hyung he left us.’ and a faint ‘I can’t see him again’.

Kris turned the knob and walked out of the dorm, out of the building and out of their lives.

 

 

 

 

~*~

A/N: im sorry if this is too emotionalbut after reading Tao's statement in instagram...all i wanto do now is cry.... it's happening again...

Just say what you wanna say.