A Killing Curiosity

My Secret Identity

Chapter 2

 

“Hey!” Youngbae looks into my direction and starts waving. I look back at him and smile, pulling out my hand to wave back. Just then though…

 

“Hey, Youngbae hyung!” Looking back, my eyes see another guy walking down the opposite end of the hallway towards Youngbae. Awkwardly, I retract my arm and get my keys to the room. It’s too awkward to just walk away, so back into the room it is. I get into the room and close the door. Slightly pressing my ear against it, I slightly hear their conversation.

 

“How was your first class here at school?”

 

“It was good, what about you? Didn’t you say you were a transfer student?”

 

“Yeah, the class was fine. I can tell though, it’s not going to be an easy class. I’m pretty sure the professor is out to get us.” 

 

“Aww . Well you will pull through. Anyway, how about something to eat? We never ate breakfast yet!”

 

“Yeah, alright let’s go eat.”

 

From there, all that could be heard was footsteps getting more quiet. Trying to keep things awkward from Youngbae. I purposely stay in the room for another five minutes to be sure that Youngbae doesn’t start to see me and think I’m stalking him. Cause I’m not. We’ve just had a lot of accidental ‘meetings’ I suppose. While waiting, the door swings open revealing a freshly clean Siwon.

 

“Oh hey, you’re here! I was expecting you to be downstairs at the dining hall already.”

 

“Uhhh, no. I guess I take long showers or something, I just got here too.”

 

“Oh really? Well, anyway. Let’s go?”

 

“Yeah, I’m starving.” We walk down into the dining hall and pick up trays and begin getting food. After doing so, we both hand our student cards to the cashier and pay for our food. I look around at tables and see that there aren’t really many tables left.

 

“Siwon hyung, do you just want to pick a spot? I don’t really care where we go.” Without him responding, he starts walking and brings us to a table. We place all of our stuff down and prepare to eat. “Oh wait, hyung! We forgot to get the chopsticks and spoons. I’ll go get them, watch my stuff.” I turn to face the side of the seat to get out and instantly notice Youngbae in the seat next to us sitting with the guy I saw earlier this morning. Hopefully he didn’t notice me either. Trying to ignore the fact that I’ve seen Youngbae four or five times today without him even noticing, I walk up to get the utensils and back to our seat. Returning to our seat, my eyes catch on to his table again and accidentally lock eyes with the other guy that he’s with. Not sure what to do, I awkwardly smile and keep going into my own seat with Siwon. With utensils and everything, we’re ready to stuff our faces into the huge amounts of kimchi and jjajangmyeon. Before we knew it, we were completely stuffed. Not any room for anything else right now.

 

“Seungri, let’s go back to the room, I’m getting really tired now.” We put all the trays packed up our stuff to head back into our room. After picking up all my stuff off the floor, I swung my body outwards from the table. My heavy backpack swung a little too much for my control and it ended up hitting Youngbae.

 

“Oh my god, are you okay? I’m so sorry.” He looks at me for a moment without out saying a thing.

 

“Don’t worry about it.” He gave me one of those eye smiles and patted me on the back. I smile back in relief that he isn’t mad at me, or at least, he’s not showing that he’s mad at me. While looking at him, I stare at his friend. Short hair, light brown, really white skin, looks like a little kid. He stares back at me again and smiles. Before walking away back into the dorm, I return to him a smile.

 

Back in the room I instantly take off my shoes and run towards Siwon’s bed. I’d get on mine, but I have the top bunk. Yeah no thanks.

 

“Dude that’s my bed! Go in yours!”

 

“But, hyuuuu~~ng! My bed is alllll the way up there! I don’t want to have to go there to lay.” I give him my little puppy eyes and stare at him.

 

“aish… okay fine. Just make room, because I want to sleep.” He instantly gets on the bed completely squishing me. I try squeezing my way out of his trap and attempt to get out of the bed. Without the strength to do so, I just end up giving myself enough room for breathing space. Before I forget, I set the alarm to an hour before my next class and allow myself to fall fast asleep.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Seungri, you at waking up to alarm clocks.” I wake up completely disoriented. Everything sounds like it’s echoing and all the lights look like complete blurs and bokeh. “Your alarm was going off for a good minute or two.”

 

“Wait really? But I usually sleep really lightly. I even woke up a few times to you changing your position.” In disbelief, I decide to sit up in the bed when I suddenly hit my head against the bottom of my own bed.

 

“Aishhhhh!”

 

“Seungri are you okay?! That sounded really bad. Let me take a look for you.”

 

“Ahh yeah, I’ll be okay.” Siwon lies me down and quickly looks at my forehead.

 

“Yeah, you should be fine. It doesn’t look too bad now, but I’d put some ice on that.” I decide to ice it and move on with the day. Since there’s still extra time to kill, I spend it on looking on youtube videos of my favorite kpop groups. By the time I notice, I’ve got barely enough time to get to my next class.

 

“Hey, hyung, I really have to get going, I’ll see you later tonight then? What time does your class end? I end at 4:00pm, but I’m going somewhere to meet up with a friend after the class since she’s coming into the city for a few days.”

 

“Umm, I think I end around 4:30pm. I’ll be here right after class so you should be fine.” I assure him with a nod and grab my stuff for my next class. My textbooks and laptop in place and I’m ready to leave. I walk outside and close the door behind me. When I turn towards the direction of the stair case, I see Youngbae, walking in the same direction in front of me. I don’t really want to bother him, so I quietly walk behind him as he’s coincidentally going the same direction that I am. We both go down the stairs, into the same building, and down the same path of lecture halls. Could he be in Japanese 103 as well? Just then, he turned into a room into the right. I look at the room number that he just went into. 1636. My room is 1638. We’re right next to each other. Well that’s interesting. Before I have time to really think about anything, I get to the lecture room that I’m supposed to be in and get myself a good seat near the front of the room. Being curious about really who Youngbae is, I decided to open up my laptop and find him on Facebook. I search up his name and find his profile. But before I could really investigate anything about him, the teacher walks in. I guess my search for him will have to wait.