A late arrival

My Secret Identity

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

“Hey, Siwon … Siwon, wake up … DUDE WAKE UP” I stare at the clock to see that it’s already seven forty-five AM and we have our first class at eight AM. “Siwon hyung! Get up, we have a class to get to in fifteen minutes!”

 

“Dude what? Why didn't you wake me up earlier?”

 

“Don’t ask, just hurry up man! Just get some clothes on and throw on a hat, we can’t be late on our first day!” I quickly pulled Siwon out of bed and threw on some old sweatpants and a shirt and waited for Siwon to get himself ready. “Let’s go! Come on!” I quickly sprinted out our door and into the hallway.

 

“SEUNGRI WAIT”

 

“NO TIME LET’S GO”

 

“Okay. If you want to go to class without your laptop and books”

 

I instantly turned around to shove all of my stuff into my backpack and sprinted out into the hallway again with Siwon. “Dude we’re going to be so late! The room is on the far end of the lecture halls!” Seeing our class is on the far end, and most classes are on the other side of our dorm, we got caught and hoarded from everyone walking the other way. For what seemed like a never-ending run, we finally made it to the correct lecture hall and sprinted through the doors. I quickly scan the room and try to catch my breath. Luckily the professor isn’t here yet. After giving a sigh of relief, Siwon nudges me in the shoulder. I quickly look at him and then back at the room. Everyone is looking at us. Not a single sound between our heavy breathing. Without making eye contact with anyone, I scan the room again for open seats. There are a few, but no two seats are together.

 

“Siwon-“

 

“Just find a seat. Send me a message on your laptop.” Siwon quickly finds the closest seat and sits down. I quickly squeeze through a row of students and sit down. I sit in place for a minute without moving a single muscle in the hopes that no one will keep staring at me. I slowly turn my head to my right side and see that everyone else is just sitting quietly, a few people sleeping, some on their phones and laptops. I look to my left and the first thing I see is this guy with a semi-mohawk staring at me straight in the eye. Embarrassed, I quickly look back down and pull out the little side desk. While setting up, I feel a pat on my left side and look back up.

 

“Well that must have been really embarrassing for you.” I look over at the guy sitting next to me and see a bright smile on his face. I respond with an awkward smile and nod and slowly turn my head back to my stuff. “My name’s Youngbae.” He reaches his hand out toward me. I gaze at his hand for a second before my mind processes everything and decides to respond.

 

“I’m Seunghyun, but everyone calls me Seungri.” Just as I finished speaking, the professor walks in slamming the door against the wall creating a loud bang. The room went from being as loud as a high school cafeteria to just the sound of one laptop fan.

 

“Class be quiet. My name’s Professor Kim. I’ll be running this course with you. I expect that you all know where you belong? If not, this is Music Theory 212, the Honors level course. If you don’t belong here, then get out of this room, and don’t ask me where your real class is because I don’t care.” I thought that when our professor walked in, it was quiet. But after this, I couldn’t even hear the fan blowing anymore. “Good? Okay let’s get started. I want you to look to the person to the left of you.” I look over and see the back of Youngbae’s head looking at someone else. “Now look at the person to your right.” I look over and see the back of someone else's head. “Now by the end of this semester, one of those people will be dismissed from this course, and if it’s not them, it’s you.” I looked over at Youngbae and saw his straight face instantly turn into a face of fear. “Okay, open your textbooks to chapter one and your theory practice books to page 3…” 

 

“…Okay class, before you leave, I recommend that you do a few problems between the mid chapter review section. Most of you students here already sophomores, so I expect that you know the policy here. But for anyone else a transfer or a freshman, we don’t assign homework. But if you don’t study at home, you will not pass this class. Alright, class dismissed.” I rechecked my computer after not looking at it for a while to see what my next class of the day was, but I distracted by the 15 messages from Siwon. I look up around the room and see him walking up toward me.

 

“Dude come on, you didn’t even answer me!”

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry! When the professor said the whole one in three people dropping the class thing, I kind of got scared and payed full attention to the class today.”

 

“Well don’t worry about it now, let’s get back to the room so we can actually get ready for the day and eat some breakfast.”

 

“Okay, sounds good!” I stand up and pick up my backpack from the desk. I look over towards Youngbae’s seat only to see that he’s not there anymore. At that moment, Siwon takes my hand and drags me across the room.

 

“Come on, you’re so slow! Let’s get home already!” We slowly walked our way through the area and eventually made it to the dorm.

 

“Siwon Hyung, I’m going to go shower, I have Japanese 103 at 2PM. You have fashion design 201 at two thirty.”

 

“ Okay, I’m just going to clean up a bit and then shower, so lets just meet back at the dining hall so we can get somewhere to sit. I’ll see you in a bit.”

 

“Alright, I’ll see you then.” I grab my shower bag with the clothes that I was suppose to wear this morning and head out the doors into the bathroom. After getting into the bathroom, I walked towards the shower section. The showers are completely full, so I waited until someone finally came out. Interestingly enough Youngbae came out of the shower first. I didn’t say anything and I don’t even really think he noticed me. Either way, I took myself into the shower and took off my clothes. For the longest time, I kept putting my hand in and out of the water to adjust the temperature. One moment its freezing cold, and nudging it just a little bit makes it volcano hot. After finally giving up, I just jumped in the water and washed my body and hair as fast as I could. I’ve never taken such a fast shower before. After finally getting done with the shower, I dry myself and put on the new clothes that I planned on wearing for the day. A quick style to my hair and I’d be ready for the day! Or, what’s left of it I guess.

 

I walk myself back to the room to see if Siwon was in there or not. Opening the door, I didn’t see him. I guess that means that we’ll be meeting downstairs in the dining hall. I close the door looking at the room, and turn my head to walk away. Looking down the opposite direction of the hallway, I see Youngbae, Standing only a few feet away from me, smiling and waving.