Just One Day - EPILOGUE

Just One Day

Sunlight.

It’s bright, white and warm but even its rays couldn’t heat the sterile and cold room you found yourself waking up in like every other day.

But you felt different today.

Jin.

Where did he go?

How did you get back here?

“Honey!” Your mother squeaked from your side, her eyes puffy and rimmed red.

“Mom….Where’s Jin?”

“Who? Honey you have been asleep for 24 hours. Maybe the drugs affected your memory. You're in the hospital from your accident you remember that right?”

“yes…” You replied softly. You took a chance and tried to wiggle your toes like you did yesterday.

They didn’t move.

You couldn’t walk and he was just a dream.

“Mom…” You spoke with tears in your eyes as she embraced you tight.

You were upset and disappointed that what seemed like the best day of your life was just an elaborate creation of your subconscious mind.

“I’ll get Dr. Kim, your new doctor. Dr. Min signed you over to Dr. Kim because he believes he is more capable in aiding your condition.”

 

You turned your head  to face the window where faints rays of sun dripped through.

 

“Hello, I’m Dr. Kim.” You didn’t turn to look at your doctor although his voice was eerily familiar.

“She seems a bit distraught Dr. Kim, I have to apologize.”

“Ahh no worries Ma’am, I understand her frustrations.”

You heard his shoes clacking against the tile floor as he approached you but you still refused to acknowledge your Doctor.

“I brought you a flower… I hope you like roses. I’ve heard your entire story and I hope we can get to know each other, I’m Dr. Kim Seokjin”

Dr. Kim Seokjin….

You thought he would be older but as your eyes met his you found yourself facing Jin once again. His red tousled hair, and soft brown eyes with perfect pink lips, and a rose.

“Roses are my favourite.” You muttered and took it from him. He looked and sounded just like Jin and his name was the same.

 

He pulled up a chair and glanced at your mother who took her leave.

“How about, just for one day, we forget that I’m your Doctor and you are my patient and you tell me everything you are worried or scared about or all of your dreams and ambitions, you can call me Jin.”

 

“Will you be here for just one day?”

He seemed puzzled and bemused by your question.

“No, I plan on staying.” He smiled.

 

Good.

because this time, you didn’t want

Just One Day.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AN:
I made this small portion the Prologue because it kind of gives more to the story and finishes it how I wanted it to finish but doesn't quite fit naturally in one chapter with the one shot. So here is the final. I hope you all enjoyed the short story and please up vote/subscribe and or comment. I'd love to hear your reactions and feed back.
 
~Skye