Feelings Spark

Love Bites 2 - Memory Lane

** [ NOT READPROOF ]

"h-hey kid you gonna pay up now or are you still gonna check around ?" the man called out on namjoon for the second time after recovering from the somewhat awkward situation. "oh ? uh yeah. I'll pay them up now" namjoon walked to the cash register after hesitating to let go of yoongi's hand and took out a slightly old and crinkled ripped envelope out of his right pocket. he has been keeping every penny that he received in the envelope for ages now. he had bought about 2 albums with his own money that was kept in the exact same envelope. it wasn't that thick since there weren't much bills inside, he always exchanged money with his mother so he is left with a less amount of pieces of papers to keep. he took out the exact amount of money since he didn't want to receive and changes, and slipped it on the counter towards the man. the man took a small plastic bag, slid the album inside of if and handed it to namjoon. "thank you ahjusshi ~" the man replied to him with a smile before turning his attention to the other mortal in the store, yoongi. 

"now what brings you here kid ? i've never seen you around this neighborhood before, and that is coming from me, the man who knows every living being alive in this town." He smiled of pride after hinting out that he is the 'friendliest man ever to have stepped foot on this mother earth'. "Its impossible I would miss your white... powdered-sugary face anywhere. Are you possibly new here ?" 

yoongi stumbled on his words for a tad while. "y-yes sir. i just moved here yesterday....?" ".. i mean yes ! i moved here yesterday afternoon." he answered again with more certainty in his voice. yoongi was an origin from daegu, born and raised there till what he is now, a tall and lanky looking 19 year old kid.  he had actually moved to Seoul alone and it was all his fault to start with. last year-end test was his last chance to ace his tests and get his out from school for good but with the somewhat expected result, was the very reason why he is here in Seoul. he had failed each test with not even one D, every one of it could be classified as an F+ to easily say it ? the original deal he had with his teacher was he that he didnt have to ace it but at least pass the test and finally graduate after trying for 2 years. he worked hard but he didn't really care about studies. he was strict with his words on working as a producer. his parents almost killed him every time he talked about music. anyway after failing the test for the second time his teacher gave up on him and decided to let him to at least try and graduate in another school that provides better education that could cope with kids like him, smart but never tries to let the gears work. 

and that was how he ended up here in Seoul alone, with a good amount of money in hand with a provided house by his parents who wanted to see him on stage among the kids that are graduating. don't take it the wrong way yoongi is not those stupid kids that disrespects teachers and bullies kids for no particular reason. he was a decent kid with good manners and a good friend to lean on, he was all good in socializing but the worse in the academics. adding up to the reasons why he gave up on studies were because he was the senior of the seniors in school. You see, because he had failed to graduate multiple times, his same aged friends left him alone with the other juniors and it was uncomfartable for him in a way no one could understand. Imagine being in a class with familiar faces that knows you quite well enough and they are all smarter than you and sometimes judge you for being dumb. Yoongi doesn't take it to heart but its still offensive and also quite an uneasy thing to go through. 

"oh really ? well then.. welcome to the neighborhood ! if you need any help you can ask around or better you can just ask me ! everyone in this neigborhood is nice so dont worry." yoongi nods, understanding and grateful with the man's caring and friendly welcoming words. "anyway back to the real question now, why are you here kid ?" yoongi's mind went blank for a moment, 'why did I come here again ?'

the man and namjoon stares at yoongi with curious faces, anticipating his answer. he felt small for that short while and had his head lower down. Few seconds after, the thought finally crawled back in his mind slowly. "Oh, right ! I saw on the shop window yesterday that you were hiring and I wondered if I could get the job ? I sort of need money to pay up for school supplies and some daily necessities." the man's face brightened. "Oh dear I forgot I had that flier still attached there. Its actually an old flier since I was going through a tough time last few months and needed someone to take care of the shop while I was gone." yoongi's face faltered a slight sadness. he didn't mind if he couldn't get the job since this was his first shop to come and apply for a job. He wanted to work here so badly just for one reason, music. He loves being surrounded with albums and music, its calming even though ironically he mostly like the rough and heavy-beat songs. just before yoongi could reply him back the man continued. 

"But I'm still glad that you offered yourself, it would be nice to have at least one worker here to help me arrange the albums and order the stocks. I won't need any resume or interviews since its just a small work, and I can feel that you're a kid that does his work and receives orders well so why not." yoongi brightly smiles showing his gummy smile. "oh my god ahjusshi thank you so much. I would work really hard and help you in anyway you would like me to. So when do I start and what should I do ? " The man called on to yoongi to explain in detail on his work. While yoongi approches the man, namjoon is once again in a daze. his smile is beautiful and so cute at the same time. how can I boy be so cute ? why is my heart beating..... oh dear 

amidst of all that ecstacy he was feeling, the strings of fear is pulling and alarming him something. back in his mind he knew that having these feelings were not normal. how can your heart beat for a man. he knew the status of a relationship with the same gender was not well accepted in the society. yes this neighborhood is friendly and nice but they are still the society. having to be a gay couple would never be accepted even after he dies over millions of years. He knew they are a few of people that favors the similar gender rather than the opposite, but they weren't very open. they knew the consequences of being open to public, and so does namjoon. the feelings and heart beats he has now is not going to be good for his future. he can sense it. 

but those thought are buried deep down and covered by all the amazing thoughts he has for min yoongi, the boy that made him feel high over the rainbows and clouds. namjoon was smiling like a fool in his own world before he felt a sudden presence beside him. "h- hey namjoon...." "........." "your name is namjoon right ?" yoongi was panicking, afraid that he was wrong and gave of an impression that he didn't care about namjoon. yoongi's chest felt stuffy. to be honest, he doesn't even know why he is so scared to give a bad impression to namjoon. its not like it was his fault to start with, its their first time meeting anyway. but with the thought of namjoon feeling sad by his little mistakes scares him. he felt as if he had to make the boy happy, almost as if it was his destiny.  "...im sorry" namjoon curiously looks at yoongi  "why are you sorry ? you didn't do anything wrong to me." yoongi's had his hand behind his head still feeling nervous. "I'm sorry that I got your name wrong" namjoon chuckled. "why are you laughing....?" 

"because of you" namjoon subtly points at yoongi that was still confused with the situation. "why are you so scared that you got my name wrong. we just met like a few minutes ago so i understand. also, you didn't get my name wrong at all, i was just.. thinking about ....something." namjoon had a tinge of red on his cheeks after confessing the something he had been occupied with. yoongi on the other hand slowly sighed, relieved that he was right, and he was liking the fact that he kinda made namjoon laugh. "anyway how is your work progressing ? when are you gonna start ?" 

"oh the work ? well I just have to either stay at the counter or arrange the newly arrived stocks and stuff. Practically anything that is needed help at that time would be my work. I'm starting on Monday next week since the ahjusshi said that he wanted me to roam around the neigborhood and get to know every corner of this place but the problem is I don't know where to start...." Getting to know this place ? Namjoon had on a small mischevious smile "I'll help you ! I've been living in this neighborhood all my life, I know every piece of information you need about this neighborhood. I'll take you around for these few days and be your tour guide ! You'll start on Monday right ? Hmm.. Its Tuesday now so we even have enough time to get to know the people around here. You want to start now ? OK ! Let's go " yoongi holds on to namjoon's arm to stop him getting a step further. "I want to stay here for just a while more. I want to try and find the album I want. Do you - umm do you want to accompany me ? wait i mean help me ! Do you want to help me ?" namjoon's eyes were big and his pupils went down and looked at yoongi's hand that was holding on to his arm. he could hear his heart beat and boy it was running fast. yoongi was still holding on to him and waiting for his answer. "uh.. ummm... y- yeah. sure ! I- I'll help you. C- Come on."

Namjoon walked to the many aisles leaving yoongi behind. yoongi was flustered for a while before catching up with namjoon. they both stood side by side listening to the song playing in the store which at that moment, was Eminem - Mockingbird. Apparently they both favoured that song and of course they somehwat spazz over it while going through the albums at the same time. The seconds become minutes, minutes became hours and so on, yet they are still at the store. At times they would both get excited over the small little things they discovered that only they would understand. they clicked. people say you would have the spark when you meet your one and only and a true spark is one in a million. they had it. they had the true spark.