Prologue

Seoul's Sky

AN:  Okay, this is the first fanfiction I have ever posted and it's definitely no masterpiece but I would really appreciate it if you read it. Also, I'm not a native English speaker, I have been studying since an early age, but there can always be some mistakes. This is just a prologue, by the way.

18 Cº.

 

It doesn't matter if it is winter or summer, Yifan's bedroom's temperature must be exactly 18 Cº, not too cold and not too hot. The definition of perfection.

 

He doesn't know if he has been awake for minutes or hours, lately all of the nights spent in the way-too-big bed felt like some sort of sleepless hell that went on for eons. His mind had been getting more and more annoyingly efficient in turning small things that had never bothered him before into the most infuriating headaches and making Yifan see problems where there was none.

And tonight it decided that the air conditioner wasn't set at 18 Cº, even though he had already checked at least three times since getting into bed. He could see the bright green numbers in the remote control stating that the temperature was right. But it didn't feel right. It felt unnervingly wrong.

But if the temperature of his room was the only thing wrong with Yifan's life, he would be more than happy.

He sighed heavily letting his head hit the pillow, the dim light coming from the hallway. He'd would prefer to sleep in complete darkness, but Micah was too scared of the dark. In one last hopeless attempt to fall asleep he angrily put the remote control back in the nightstand and closed his eyes.

It is set at 18 Cº.

It is set at 18 Cº.

It is set at 18 Cº.

It is set at 18 Cº.

It is set at 18 Cº.

It is set at 18 Cº.

It is set at the same temperature you've been setting it at for fifteen years.

Sleep.

It is set at 18 Cº.

Sleep.

It is set at 18 Cº.

Sleep.

It is set at 18 Cº.

Sleep.

It is set at 18 Cº.

Sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep.

This wasn't going to work, this definitely wasn't going to work.

One more sleepless night roaming around the apartment making sure everything is spotless clean and on its proper place, one more sleepless night that was going to end with a frustrated and exhausted Yifan drinking angrily of a glass of whiskey.