The Last Promise

Days For The Wind To Blow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P.S. Kim Jong In! This is the time that you put the letter down, kiss me, and tell me how much you love me!!! :P I love you my Milk Choco <3.

 

Three hundred fifty-six days, countless kisses, hundreds of hugs, and many arguments later...

I'm left here without you, without your touch, your warmth, and your love.

 

I love you.

 

 

He read the last portion of the letter once more before setting it down next to her grave. It has been a year since her death, and her grave, lush green with time, reminded him every bits of the last three hundred sixty-five days he spent without her and all those sleepless nights he spent thinking endlessly about her.

“Jongin-ah, I’m leaving now.” With a little tap on his shoulder, he turned around and stood up. “Don’t stay out too late, ok?” Miyeon’s mom smiled gently at him as she took his hands.

He gave her a little nod and smiled. The two had grown so much closer than they already were ever since Miyeon’s death. They managed to stick together and pulled through the initial shock and the resulting grief. There were nights that Jongin spent at her house, comforting her mom through those horrible nightmares. There were those that he found himself coming back to the girl’s room and cried until the morning light brought upon him a new emptiness. For a while, he stayed home and refused to go out. He was scared of remembering Miyeon. He hid away from their memories, as they would have tear him apart each time he tried to remember them. But, he knew that soon, the darkness would devour him and he would lose himself and the memories of the girl he loves so dearly with it.

He eventually left the house and began to seek for Miyeon’s presence. He revisited every places that they had went together, reliving their happy times, only this time, he was alone. Living had never been so difficult for the 20 years old. 

“Go out and enjoy yourself.” Her mom patted his hands and reminded him. “I know it’s hard but Miyeon would want you to be happy.” Only the slight mention of the girl’s name brought tears to her mother's eyes and she pulled Jongin close for an embrace. Jongin tried hard to fight back the tears as she began to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter