Insecurities

Insecurities

I was lying in bed, flipping through a book in an attempt to study for my finals.  I was on my back with the book on my chest and next thing I know, I feel my boyfriend Jaejoong, lay down next to me.

“Jae? What are you doing?” I ask curiously as I feel my shirt being pushed up slightly, revealing my stomach.

“Oh nothing,” he says with a smirk before softly placing a kiss on my hip above the waist of my sweatpants.

“That doesn’t seem like nothing” I respond with a sigh as he continues to kiss his way across my hips, my hand reaching down with fingers running through his soft hair.

“Hmm…you’ve gotten softer lately,” He says nuzzling into my slightly pudgy tummy.

“Hey!” I exclaim indignantly, hitting him on the head with my book.  It’s not like I was fat by any means but I’m not exactly thin either.  Also like most girls, my weight is an insecurity of mine, which isn’t helped by the fact that my boyfriend looks like God himself personally sculpted him. Added to this, I’ve always been something of a sugar monster and with finals coming up; my sweets intake has picked up a bit.  I could tell that I had probably gained a little weight but I didn’t think it was that noticeable.

“I know what you’re thinking and I didn’t mean it like that” He says, moving so he’s laying directly next to me, pulling me against his chest and hugging me to him.

“You called me soft, how else am I supposed to take it?” I ask, still sounding slightly offended and very much self-conscious but giving in to the embrace.

“You’re skin is softer.  Did you change moisturizers?” he asks seriously, shocking me out of my self-pity, giving him a really weird look as I push him away.

“That’s what you were talking about?!” I screech, not sure what to make of the situation anymore.

“Kitten, do you really think I would comment on your weight like that?” He asks smirking, amusement shown in his large eyes.

“Well I would sure hope not!” I exclaim pouting, causing Jaejoong to laugh and pull me to him again.  “So I don’t look fat?” I mumble out and earn a kiss on the side of my head.

“No, you’re just as pretty as ever but I know you’ve been stressed lately so if you’re really worried about it, you can start working out with me after your finals are done” He suggests, nuzzling against the side of my head and once again I relax in his embrace with a slight purring sound.  Suddenly I feel one of his hands sneak it’s way up the back of my shirt and softly run up and down my back.

“The store was out of my usual lotion so I had to get something different.  Has it really made that big of a difference?” I ask curiously, thinking about what started all of this and all I get is a hum in response. His hand makes it’s way out from under my shirt as he shifts so he’s on top of me.  I wrap my arms around him, pulling him down for a kiss.  His hands find their way back under my shirt as he kisses down my neck.

“I love you my soft pretty kitty,” He whispers against my collarbone silencing all of my previous insecurities for now anyways.