2 - Aer

Ea timeri potest,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And so I let my body fall,

The earth spinning

With every breathe I took.

 

But I didn’t care.

 

Not until she swept me of my feet

And brought me back to life.

 

Seoul, the 4th December 3016

05:01AM

 

Insomnia.

Kim Seokjin had been suffering from Insomnia for at least 2 years. And, that day, much like expected, he couldn’t sleep. The gentle December breeze blew in through the small crack in the open window as he stood up from his bed, moves silent and careful as he glided to the window, thoughts screaming in his head.

Truth be told, Jin was diagnosed with Dysthymia – or Persistent Depressive Disorder as they like to put it – and he wanted to end his life for the majority of the illness. Plans and blueprints of his possible suicide flew through his head more times than he’d like to admit. He always came close to doing most of those but in the end, his foster parents would always find and stop him. They were nice – not the best of parents, but nice. He liked most things about them except their annoying ability to always know what he was up to.

Regardless of whatever consequences may await him if they came by again, that day, he was going to do it and they wouldn’t stop him.

He stopped straight in front of the threshold of the balcony and looked back, catching the time and date in his digital clock. It read 05:14AM , 4/12/3016. The male stopped for a while and chuckled bitterly. He was going to commit suicide on his birthday. How pathetic was that?

Shaking his head, the teenager pushed the window to the side and stepped onto de balcony’s edge. A wry smile made its way into his face and he took a step forward, allowing his body to give up.

The last thing he heard before the wind raged all around his body, was the sound of a female screaming desperately at him.

All of a sudden, he didn’t want to die anymore, and as that thought crossed his mind, a strong blast of air rose from below, stopping his fall completely and leaving him standing half a meter off the ground. It didn’t last for long though, after a couple of seconds of sheer confusion and shock, he fell down on his feet, losing balance for no more than a split of a second.

In the midst of nothing but surprise, a hand carefully tugged at his wrist and pulled him away from the scene. When he looked up all he saw was a black curtain of hair, flowing in the wind, and a petite figure holding a few bags pulling him into the forest. Yes, sure, he could’ve made whoever she was stop and demand for questions, but the urgency in her body language advised him otherwise.

Jin kept running along with her until they got to a makeshift house of wood, leaves and vines in the middle of the forest. She suddenly stopped and bent down to catch back the air she had lost meanwhile, leaving him to do the same.

As quick as lightning, she then turned around, eyes fierce and lips straightened into a thin line. He recognized her somehow – from where? He had no idea, but his teenager mind could only register that she was pretty. He didn’t get the opportunity to stare any longer, for she turned around with a whip of her hair and muttered a stiff “Follow me.” Although he could swear he heard a slight waver in her voice, the thought of disobeying did not even cross his mind as he followed the beautiful female like a puppy inside the cabin.

She sat on the floor and motioned for him to do the same, always looking around as if expecting someone else to be there. “Why did you do that?” She whispered, eyes glued on the already closed door.

He didn’t reply. Not because he didn’t want to, but he had been silent for 6 years now and he couldn’t bring himself to open his mouth and use his vocal chords. Some would say he’s mute, but he knows better. It was a habit, a choice – at least he thought that way. He always swore to himself that if he wanted to talk, he wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter