Christmas

Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: There might be slight POV changes

----

Christmas had always been a somber affair for Tiffany. Despite being a Christian, she avoided all the celebrations after attending Christmas Mass. If ever there was a celebration she was required to attend, she leaves the event early and heads home alone.

It has somehow become a tradition for her to spend Christmas with a modest candlelit dinner, wine in hand, and everything else shut off. She replied to greetings and phone calls the day after. Christmas was Tiffany’s time of solitude. She found it more peaceful and she didn’t intend to change it anytime soon.

She has been celebrating this way ever since she arrived in Korea. The festivities no longer seemed to appeal to her. It was a different story whenever she went to California for the holidays though. She pretended to enjoy the parties, dinners and gatherings when in reality she didn’t. It’s like that phase of her life has ceased to exist.

Her first Christmas alone was spent in tears as she succumbed to the wistful thoughts she had. She missed her family badly, but there was nothing she could do. She chose to pursue this career and this was just one of the many consequences. Her family never knew. They always thought Tiffany was spending Christmas with her members. She couldn’t bear to tell them, lest they feel guilt and worry for her. She just furtively spends her Christmas in her apartment, on her own. Her members, who were already like sisters, spent their Christmas at home with their families. She just didn’t want to be a bother. As thoughts kept swirling in her mind, Tiffany hadn’t heard the first two knocks on her door.

The third knock snapped her out of her trance. She looked at the entrance of her home in confusion. Who could be here at this hour? It’s barely an hour before Christmas eve. She gingerly stepped towards the door and peeped through the eyehole. To her surprise it was blocked by a hand.

Curiosity got the best of her as she quickly pulled the door open.

Tiffany had an unreadable expression on her face as Yoona yelled, “Surprise” and moved past her to get into the room. Tiffany’s mouth twitched in surprise and wonder. What Yoona mistook as a smile may as well have been a grimace.

The visitor started placing the dishes she brought onto Tiffany’s dining table. She was appalled to find nothing but a glass of wine on the furniture.

Tiffany held up a hand in confusion. “Wait, what are you doing here?” Tiffany was irked.

Yoona moved closer and smiled her goofy smile. “Aren’t you happy to see me?” She moved for a hug only to be yet again blocked by Tiffany’s arm. “I mean, why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be spending Christmas at your sister’s place?”

“Can you save the questions for later? It’s almost Christmas Eve and we still have got a lot to do.” Yoona emphasized with a nod as she eyed the place. There were no Christmas decorations, no indication at all that Christmas was at your doorstep.

Tiffany looked incredulous. “Aren’t they looking for you?” Now Yoona felt something was amiss.

She finally understood what Tiffany was getting at. She instantly regretted her decision to surp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter