Unmatched

The 'Write' Mix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: broken/soosic

------

Jessica gets up (reluctantly), vission blurry and head throbbing, and bends down to pet her little mutt. 

It was a bad idea.

She realized it too late as bile goes up , making her empty her stomach on her bedroom floor. The pup backs away and hides in a corner, whining, while her owner continues to retch. 

As the room begins to smell of stale alcohol, Jessica tries to gather enough power to not flop down on her mess. It would be one hell of a story to tell the girls on their next meet-up- one that she's sure Sunny wouldn't make her forget in a million years. Jessica then walks out to fetch herself some aspirin and ice-cold water before going back  to clean up.

What in the world was I thinking last night?

She shouldn't have said yes when Seohyun called her up for a small get-together with the girls last night. She should've known that she would be there.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

"I knew this is going to happen."
 
And I knew you're going to come by. "It was not my fault Hyoyeon decided to get us -face drunk last night."

"You mean, you guys decided to get -face drunk last night." Tiffany sets down her bag and moves to grab one of the rags I pulled out from the closet. "I remember hearing Hyo say that we have a choice whether to drink or not."

"Of course she'll say that. You were with your husband after all."

"Hey-"

"Even if Nickhun wasn't there, we wouldn't allow you to." Jessica pulled the cloth out of the other girl's hold. "It's bad for your little bundle of cells."

As if on instinct, Tiffany puts a hand on her stomach, her eyes crinkling in delight. Jessica didn't believe that pregnant women are blooming during their pregnancy but her friend proves her wrong. She has never Tiffany so beautiful and honestly, she's a little envious.

"Three months?"

"Four," Tiffany goes to sit on the bed while the other finishes cleaning up. "I am so excited to know if it's a boy or a girl." 

"Well,  I hope it's a boy." 

"No." Of course, Tiffany wouldn't agree. She has been dying to have a little girl of her own. One that she would dress up and pamper with all of the girly stuff in the world. 

Jessica raises her hand in surrender, knowing perfectly well that arguing with a pregnant woman is a no-no. "I'm just saying."

"Well, let's stop talking about me." Tiffany gets up and makes her way to the door. "Do you want me to make some tea?"

Jessica slightly panicks because that line means they will be having a long, long talk. 
"Do you even know where the kitchen is?" She tries. She has to discourage the other from staying for more than thirty-minutes inside her home. 

"Of course I do." Jessica can already hear the clanking of cups and cupboards being.  

Resistance is futile.

Especially with a 4-month pregnant friend. Jessica has no other choice but to give in.

"You make it seem like you know this place." Jessica takes a seat on her sofa and calls over her pet. When she finally has the pup cuddled in her arms, she adds, "You haven't visited me for years, Tiff."

"Well, none of us knows where you moved to and Krystal won't tell us anything." Tiffany takes a seat beside her and places two cups of coffee on the table. "You went back to the US."

"A year and a half after the offical statement, my parents called me to visit them. I didn't have a plan back then, so I just kind of went with it. " It's not just that though.

"And you didn't even tell us you came back." Tiffany was pouting and it is kind of amazing how the she remained adorable despite the years that passed. 

Oh how love can do wonders.

Jessica shakes away any other thoughts related to the four-letter word and focuses on the matter at hand. "Hey, don't make me look like such a bad friend. I replied to your messages and answered some of your calls."

"Keyword: some. It wasn't enough. Didn't you hear of the rumors about us bullying you? That you were just keeping up with us because of promotions? Gosh, we were too old for that crap, and management had to do some damage control since some of us have signed a contract for solo activities." Tiffany takes a sip of her coffee and it was evident on her face that she doesn't like it at all. "Jess, why are you such a cheapsake?" 

"You made that coffee though."

"There wasn't any tea! And all I saw were packs of instant coffee." 

"I'm unemployed." Jessica decides to drink her cofffee, sip by sip, just to distract herself from the impending doom of the conversation that will surely follow.

"And that's why I'm here." Tiffany pulls out a large brown envelope from behind her bag and offers it to her friend with sacch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter