10 Seconds

We're Timeless

Everyone was born with four clocks. Each of the four clocks signified something different-  birth, birth of a child, and when you meet your soulmate. One clock will stop ticking, and the other two will start after one of them stops. Some are born with the knowledge of which clock was which, and some aren't. Youngjae happened to know his clocks, however. Many people envied him for it, but he never liked knowing the countdown.

[At Train Station]

Himchan grinned. "You're so lucky you know which clock is which. I mean, Jesus, one of mine's down to the last day and I don't know if I'm going to die tomorrow or what."

Youngjae flinched, clutching his red beanie to his head to keep it from flying off in the cold winter wind.

"Don't say that. You're not going to die tomorrow."

Himchan grinned. "I wouldn't mind dying tomorrow. I've got a good major in college, I'm not short on money, and I have a best friend that will tend my grave and give me good food offerings." The raven boy chuckled and poked his blonde best friend's cheek lightly when the blonde huffed.

"Ya. Yoo Youngjae. I'm kidding. How could I die without knowing if my friend was going to make it through the world without me?"

Youngjae scoffed. "I don't even try to check my clocks that often," he tried to say defensively, knowing this was true. Himchan waved his three clocks on his wrist in front of Youngjae's face. 

"Check it, check it, check it~" he sang, laughing as Youngjae sighed and gave in.

Youngjae stopped by a bench at the train station and pulled up his sleeve, revealing his pale wrist in the winter air. He sighed.

"Look, Himchan, it says that I've still got years until I meet my soulmate."

Himchan laughed, leaning over to take a look at Youngjae's wrist.

"Aw, poor Jae~ I know you secretly wish that you-" Himchan suddenly stopped, his eyes as round as marbles. Youngjae frowned. 

"Himchan, what-"

"Jae." Himchan slowly spoke, his voice cracking. "It just went from four years to one minute."

Youngjae scoffed. "You're not funny, Channie-"

Himchan screeched, yanking his best friend's wrist and waving it in front of his face. "JAE IT SAYS FIFTY SECONDS NOW."

Youngjae sighed and took a look, his eyes popping out of his head. "What the-"

Himchan stared at Youngjae, his eyes as wide as the blonde's own. "Something changed."

Youngjae felt light-headed. "No  something changed. Why did it change so fast? Holy crap-"

Himchan sat Youngjae down and craned his neck to see if anyone was looking down at their wrist as well- looking for the one that would approach when Youngjae's time was up. "Youngjae, calm down-"

Youngjae started breathing quickly. "HOW DO I CALM DOWN? What if they find me ugly? What if they don't like me? What if-"

Himchan gripped Youngjae's shoulders. "First impressions are important, okay? You need to be y and composed."

"HOW THE  DO I BE Y IN THIS SITUATION? What if they don't like blonde hair-"

"Just think of like Megan Fox. You know how she does that smouler thing? Or like, oh I don't know, Kai from EXO. He does that thing with his face. It's like sensual and -"

Youngjae was shaking. He was so nervous. "I'M NOT A K-POP IDOL, HIMCHAN."

Himchan was his lips nervously. Both of them fell silent, glancing down at Youngjae's exposed wrist. Thirty seconds.

"OOOOHHHH MY GOD." Youngjae started gripping his best friend's arm tighter, his face pale.

Himchan scrunched his face in pain. "You're NOT giving birth Youngjae. It's not that bad-"

"I MIGHT AS WELL BE GIVING BIRTH TO A ING STONE, HIMCHAN."

"Listen, Youngjae-"

"Maybe if I run away the clock will slow down-" Twenty seconds.

"Don't you dare run away from this-"

"I can't-" Youngjae whimpered, his eyes starting to tear up. 

Himchan gripped Youngjae's shoulders. "Ssh, ssh, I'm here for you, deep breaths, calm down-"

"I've never dated before! I'm a ! What if they have a lot of experience-"

"Youngjae! You're not dying. If you died a that'd be sad but-"

"HIMCHAN."

Ten.

Youngjae was crying. He hated knowing which clock was which.

Himchan was speaking to him, but he couldn't hear his best friend over the frantic beating of his heart.

Himchan's voice was muffled.

Nine.

"Wh-what if they hate me? What if-" he sobbed.

Himchan helplessly looked around, hoping the blonde's soulmate would come sooner.

"They won't hate you, Jae-"

Eight.

"Youngjae. No one hates you. You're the most loveable little -"

"YOU'RE NOT HELPING HIMCHAN-"

Seven.

"OH GOD-"

"Just think- at least you're not having menstral cramps-"

"SHUT UP."

"Ok."

Six.

", , ," Youngjae sniffled, trying to compose himself.

"Jae, I love you-"

Five.

"I hate clocks so much." Youngjae was shaking like a leaf. "I hate them."

Four.

"I know," Himchan said, rubbing his blonde friend's back soothingly. "I know."

Three.

"What if they hate me? WHAT IF THEY HATE ME-"

Two.

"They will love you, Jae. They will."

One.

"Will they?" Youngjae asked in a small voice.

Zero.

Himchan froze, waiting in anticipation. Youngjae sniffled, unable to look up from his clock that had simply run out of time. Finally, Himchan cleared his throat.

"Th-there's no one coming." 

Youngjae looked up. "D-did we miss them?"

Himchan sighed. "Probably. Your clock should reset again, then."

Youngjae felt a tiny bit of relief as well as disappointment. 

"Oh."

Himchan got up, pulling Youngjae up. "You okay?"

Youngjae shakily nodded, but suddenly his legs gave out from underneath him. Heyelped as he stumbled, tripped over a yellow ledge in the train station, and fell. .

He squeaked as a pair of strong warm arms encircled his waist, pulling him forward and straight into someone else's chest. Youngjae blushed, his hands in the person's shirt, blinking rapidly, the tears from his stress earlier still in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry," he sniffled, blinking, and slowly raised his eyes to meet the chocolate brown ones on a handsome face that was widened in surprise, staring down at him. The person laughed, his touseled brown hair blowing lightly in the cold winter wind. He smelled vaguely of mint and something nice that Youngjae couldn't quite place his finger on. Out of the corner of the blonde's eye, he saw his own wrist- his soulmate clock was still at zero. The other clocks of marriage and birth had started ticking. Youngjae shivered, unconciously pressing himself into the other boy's chest, gasping softly. I've met you before.

"Anytime," his soulmate said, chuckling softly, his warm hand brushing away a tear that had rolled down Youngjae's cheek. "Anytime at all."

Is that a Busan accent?

---------

How was that? (●´⌓`●) I haven't finished editing this for grammar and stuff, so please excuse any errors! ೖ(⑅σ̑ᴗσ̑)ೖ

I wanted to try out a different themed story, so here it is! I hope you guys enjoy! hehe(●´⌓`●)

comments and critiques are appreciated! (●´⌓`●)♥

thanks for reading(●´⌓`●)b♥