00

Snowdrift

           Kim Min Seok thinks he’s immune to the cold. He likes this kind of weather, it means he doesn’t sweat like a fountain. It also means everybody is bundled up in winter clothes making them look twice their normal sizes. Well, everyone’s bundled up except for one.


            Transferee student Lu Han stands out amongst the sea of students walking towards the school. Aside from his silver hair he’s the only one not wearing a winter coat. 


            “Hey, Lu Han…” he greets as he catch up on said person. They have the same classes together and it’s been a habit of Min Seok to talk about mundane things with the new student just to get him to talk.


            “Good Morning, Kim Min Seok…” the boy greets, face blank.


            Min Seok is used to this. A few of his friends have told him to stay away from Lu Han because rumors of where the said boy came from run amok inside the school. But he thinks that Lu Han has more to him than being stoic and unfeeling.


            And he knows exactly how to make the Ice Prince melt. “Lu Han-ah...” he says in his most cheerful tone. “I’ll see you later at the park near your house after school…” The said Ice Prince looks at him puzzled and Min Seok does a mental happy dance for getting a reaction from Lu Han. “You still owe me a soccer re-match remember?” Min Seok smiles his signature gummy smile and a ghost of a smile also appears on the other boys face.


            Kim Min Seok intends to break into that cold façade little by little.