Final

Between Love & Obsession

He is quiet, rarely talks and tries his best in being unnoticed but he just can't. Why? People always focus on him, wherever he goes. Wherever he is. There's something about him that attracts people. Maybe his mysterious aura? Or his abnormal height? Or his eyes, that's easy to see through. We know people just by the look in their eyes. Weird how a pair of eyeballs tells us too much. 

He prepares himself to school. The school doesn't require its students to wear uniforms. Just something that is decent. Kris wears a long-sleeved white button up shirt and a dark blue khaki pants. He put on his earrings and and a leather bracelet around his wrist. He's good to go,  grabbing an enerygy bar, he drove his car to the school. 

Highschool. A dreaded place where nightmare begins-  for some people. No offense.

Girls flock him as soon as he arrives. Don't these girls get tired of chasing after ones who rejects them on the face? He thought but he still gives them his dazzling smile. That's what people call common courtesy right?

Kris walks mindlessly to his class, being popular doesn't mean he will have red carpet prepared wherever he steps on the school ground. For example, in hall ways where students usually hang around, they don't give him a way. He needed to push through them. This is the reality people. Unless you're one of the frat kids or athletes. Yeah sure, they will give a way. However Kris, is a different case. He's not a frat kid nor an athletes, he is just popular for his, quote Greek god face unquote.

 A hand tugged on his arms, he turns around, I swear if it is some random girl I'll ing beat the crap outta- It's not a girl like he assumed, it's a-   boy. Rare case, this one. 

"I'm sorry, almost trip myself back there." The boy stands straight and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Kris eyes the boy.

The bell rang. Students are rushing back and forth to their respective classes. It all went slow motion in Kris's eyes. The boy bid him a goodbye with a grin plastered on his face. Weird how the Kris panicked, he didn't want the boy to leave. He held the boy's wrist,"What's your name?" 

The boy chuckles and it sounds like a lullaby in Kris's ears. "Zitao. Huang Zi Tao."

 


                                                                                

Kris stays up with Tao at the library. He helps him to finish his psychology assignments. Fortunately, Kris takes the course too except he is a third year student and Tao is a second year. 

He stares at Tao who is working hard to finish his assignments. In occasion, the younger would knit his eyebrows and bit his lips out of confusion. How lucky he is to meet Tao on that very day, Kris thought and continues to watch Tao's every movement. 

After-somewhat- it feels like an eternity, the boys grew tired and they decided it's probably great to go back to their dorms now as it is already past midnight and they are dead-beat. 

 

The  university's dorm is separated into 3 blocks; Alpha, Beta and Gamma. In each block, there are 3 levels and in each level there are about 7 rooms. Big one, there will be two person sharing each room. Tao stays in Beta with his roommate while Kris lives in Alpha. The distance between the blocks aren't that far, about 10 minutes walking distance. 

After saying goodnight and bye, Kris stalks off to his room and Tao enters his,tip-toeing to his room but stops his track, "Where have you been, Tao?" The stern voice asked him. 

"Um- doing assignments." Tao answers back but it sounds more of a question than a statement. 

"With Kris?" asked Chen and Tao sighs. Chen already knew his answer, why would he even bother asking?

"I've been saying this over, weeks now-" Chen sighs,"-just stay away from him. He is a real bad news, Tao." 

It's now Tao's turn to sigh,"You don't know him..." he whispers. 

Chen's ears perked up,"YOU are the one who don't know him-  ya' know what? this is useless, this fight. You'll never listen to me anyway." Chen said, stressing the word 'you' and he stomps angrily to his room muttering various of vulgar words. 

 


 

Kris have been hanging out with Tao a lot nowadays. Three months are more than enough to get to know each other right? Besides Kris already knows what Tao likes and dislikes. Oh god, he sounds like a stalker but nevermind that.

3 months flies so fast. Tao feels bad for using Kris as a distraction. The fact that he fought with his roommate messes the crap out of him and he needed a distraction. Why Kris? He didn't know too. Kris-   is just there. Thankfully, Kris isn't such a lame person and he actually enjoyed his company.

Kris waited for Tao under the shady tree nearby campus. They would meet up there as usual and after exchanging a few words, they would hang out somewhere else. After thinking for quite sometime now, finally Kris have the courage to confess his feeling. 

"Yifan-" calls the boy, panting hard. "-sorry- late- lecturer-" the younger stops rambling as Kris puts his palm against Tao's cheek lovingly. 

"I'm really sorry." The boy pouts. Tao resembles Kris in his own way. Maybe that's what has got Kris attached to the boy. He won't let this boy slide from his grasp. He's deeply in love with the boy called Huang Zi Tao. 

Funny how the word love rolled out his tongue. One solid fact about Kris Wu; love and Kris do not belong in a sentence. Kris never knows how to love or to be loved , other than himself of course. He has never taken an interest on relationships. Boys or girls he used to date is like his play toys and this world is like his playground. That was until he met Tao. 

Tao. Tao. Tao. He chants the boy's before snapping back to reality. He held Tao's hand as he kneeled on the floor. The older looks up. 

Tao's heart drums crazily. This isn't happening. This must be a dream- he looks at the older. Crystal clear that Kris is nervous and Tao can't help but chuckles but zips his lips as Kris glares at him.  O-  kay, that was intense, Tao thought. 

He inhales- and here goes nothing,"Tao, ever since we stumble into each other in the cramped hall. I can't help but feeling a connection with you, so will you go out with me?" Kris says as he looks at Tao with pleading eyes. 

His little confession made Tao go all 'aww'. In all honesty, Tao isn't sure himself. He have heard the rumors about Kris but he knows Kris isn't like that. And he would love to try out this whole relationship thing with Kris. And his last answers changes his fate. Forever. 

"Goddamn you're beautiful!" Kris said as he spun the younger around, as soon as he puts the boy down, Kris place kisses on Tao's face. Forehead, cheeks, nose, chins and last but not least- the treasure he have been waiting- Tao's red sweet thin lips.  

Both of them didn't care of their surroundings. Just them in the picture. In their own little world. 

"Do you know how tempted I am to feel those lips?" Kris said huskily as he burries his head in the crook of Tao's neck. He likes Tao's scent. I will never ever let you go. No matter what.

Tao chuckles, he never feels so-   loved. He thinks he have made the right choice. Wrong.

 


 

The first three weeks they are together, Kris is dripping with sweetness. Always picks Tao at his doorstep, gives him pecks on every part of his face, always claims that he loves him. 

There was one time when Kris brought him to a picnic. He's just too sweet that he turned Tao into a giggly girl mess. It's not that Tao is annoyed of Kris's action, it's just a little tiny bit uncomfortable.

In a relationship you should respect, trust and be considerate of your partner. Tao sighs, it's just the beginning, it will get better soon, he said trying to comfort himself. But sometimes, you shouldn't hold your hopes up. Why? Because when it doesn't goes your way. You'll be torn apart. And so does Tao.

Kris spares his lover a loving look. Kris feels as if he's in heaven and Tao is his angel. My one and only angel. "Something's bothering you Tao?" Kris asked in concern. Tao offers the older a smile and shook his head a no. 

"I love you,Tao." Kris said out of sudden.

"I love you too,Kris." Kris planted a soft kiss on Tao's lips. He's too fragile for Kris to act rough with. 

Tao didn't know why, but his heart feels like it weighed tonne after saying those 3 words.

 


 

It have been a month and a half since they are officially in a relationship and Tao just moved into Kris's room last week. Of course, its hard to sweet talk the RA but he is the Kris. Just who can say no to him?

Things run smoothly but Kris is worried and restless thinking of Tao. He have been monitoring Tao's acttivities for the past weeks. Is he jealous? Hell- he is beyond jealous. Now, he even doubted Tao's love for him. Are there any truth in Tao's words? 

"Did you cheat on me with Luhan, Tao?" Kris asked in a sad tone. His empty eyes look into Tao's eyes.

Tao scrunched his eyebrows, "No,Kris. For goodness sake, he's just my seatmate." 

"Are you sure? I've seen you enjoying each other's company too much." Kris snorted. As his mind wanders to where Tao and Luhan laughs together and Luhan wrapped his thin arms around his lover's neck. Kris's fist clenched into a ball, his knuckles turns white. He erases the thought and focus on his top priority; Tao. 

The younger gasped as his eyes grow into a golf ball- if possible. "What the Kris! You've been spying on me? God, I can't believe this." 

What Kris did is unforgiveable. Even though they are a couple but that doesn't mean Kris can intrude his life whenever he likes. Their relationship is lack of one thing. The most essential thing in a relationship; trust. Tao feels as if, he is the only one that is putting effort in making this relationship works. 

And, Kris feels the same. 

"Kris, do you, even trust me?" Tao asks with a sigh. Kris immediately becomes alert, Kris engulfs Tao into a tight hug, "I do trust you-" he rests his head in the crook of Tao's neck. "-I just don't trust the other guys." his voice is muffled. He inhales Tao's scent. The scent grows fond of. The intoxicated scent of his lover. 

Silence conquered the atmosphere.

"Promise me a thing." Kris pauses waiting for Tao to respond. 

"What is it?"

"Bear with me even if I'm unbearable and stay away from Luhan." Kris said, as he picks Tao up and Tao straddles his legs around Kris's waist to prevent from falling. Tao wanted to protest Kris's words but he is cut off. 

"Would not want the kid's porcelain face is ruined, won't you?" Kris added with a wicked smile on side. 

For the first time in knowing Kris, this is the first time he feels this emotion.   Afraid.

 


 

There is something wrong with Kris. He knows it and he will dig Kris's deepest secret. 

On that very day, Tao made an excuse to Kris that he had a stomach ache. He must be quite an actor because damn Kris fell for it. 

1111

Tao is still searching the room high and down but to no avail, he plops himself on Kris's king bed. His eyes travelled around the rooms and he comes to face Kris closet. He didn't know why but like a there's a magnetic force that's pulling him to open the closet. And so he did. He opened the closet. 

On the first glance it's like a normal closet, packed with clothes and especially a guy like Kris who is a fashionista. How much did he spend his money on clothes? The closet is massive like it can fit a human-    Oh god. Of course! 

 Tao tries to touch the back of the closet but no, there's nothing. Empty. He crawls in the closet. He couldn't express how shocked he is when he entered it. Behind the closet there is a place like a sacred place and there are whole load of pictures of him hanging on the board in various sizes , and there are pieces of his hair in a jar on a small table. And next to the jar is his diary! 

He remembered when he asked if Kris ever sees his diary and the older shrugs like he knew nothing.  

His mind is working on Kris's attitude and behaviors. Then it clicked. All those stalking, resenting their relationships and accusation of cheating. Its all clear, Kris have OCD- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

"There you are,Tao. I've been all over searching for you, love." 

The voice sends chill to Tao's spine, turning around, he found Kris grinning and soon it is replaced by a dark, dangerous look. Tao steps back until he hit the wall of the massive closet. Kris walks towards him. He is trapped- and there's absolutely no way out.

Kris whispers in his ear ,"Now I got you in my space ,I won’t let go of you , got you shackled in my embrace , I’m latching on to you." 

1202

Tao isn't familiar with the words, but whatever the words mean. Tao is beyond terrified of what is going to happen next.