Sete. Sétimo.

A Garota De Ipanema.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seunghyun.” A disembodied voice called. It’s that same voice he would always hear in his previous dreams, he couldn’t quite pin it but the voice sounded strange yet awfully familiar.

“Seunghyun.” He heard it called again, yet all he saw was darkness. Everything around him seems to be pitch black, he can’t even see himself.

A voice multiplies into thousands, one person talking and now suddenly multitudes are calling, silence turned into chaos in mere seconds. Everything seems to ring and everything seems so loud it hurts the ears, there were screams and curses and things that doesn’t even make sense. That voice, that strange yet familiar voice was no longer there instead there were hundreds of different and unfamiliar ones, yet one thing is the same; they were all screaming his name. There were no sky, no earth, no light. Just and endless sea of cold harsh darkness. Nothing could be felt, nothing. All of a sudden Seunghyun felt like drowning, yet he doesn’t know into what.  

Seunghyun woke up to a repetitive beeping sound and the smell of drugs mixed with fabric softener, he woke up feeling like complete and utter and feeling everything in his body felt like it needed to have a spa day. His eyes open and he saw the plain white ceiling and a window to his right, he was in a hospital and he didn’t even remember why. He felt agitated and distraught, a bit perplexed and a whole lot confused.

“I see you woke up.” A voice called.

Seunghyun smiled, relieved at the familiar sight. “Hey there Ji.”

The other smiled, yet it didn’t go to his eyes. “Hey yourself. You feeling any better?”

Seunghyun laughed and sat up. “A bit sore, but I feel fine. What happened to me, though? Why am I even here?”

Jiyong looked away for a moment and sighed. He looked like he was trying to compose himself together for some unknown reasons as he said the next with a smile “Car accident.”

“Again?” Seunghyun asked, a bit appalled.

The younger laughed lethargically. “I know you love cars but don’t go in to one that’s moving.”

Seunghyun joined in the laughter. “Yeah, I’ll try to remember that.”

The laughter died down and Jiyong looked at the older with caution in his eyes and movements. “Speaking of remember." He paused. "Do you remember anything from the last few days?”

Seunghyun went silent for awhile as he looked up to nothing and shook his head after. “Not much. I remembered going to a cafe but that’s just it." He started to shuffle through his blanket and the cabinet next to his bed. “Now where is my phone, you guys must’ve put it here right?”

Jiyong didn’t pay attention to the older’s words. “Remember the pianist?”

“What?”

Jiyong looked at the older, trying to see if there were any signs of bluffing or deceit but he found none. Seunghyun looked utterly clueless and he sighed again. “Well, the doc said you can go home a few hours after you woke up. Which means now you got to get ready.” Jiyong said before heading towards the door.

“Yeah. Oh, where are you going?”

“I have a friend in here.” The younger said. “I’m gonna meet her too, might as well since you’re here.”

“A girl?” Seunghyun arched his eyebrow, smirking. “And does Sohee know about this?”

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “The girl’s her friend as well you idiot.”

Seunghyun laughed and Jiyong went out the door. The younger sighed and rubbed his temples in frustration and anguish. It was like three years ago, it felt as if the world is collapsing. He chuckled darkly, it’s funny how they’re the broken one and the others are the ones who needed saving.

“So.” A voiced called out. “How did it go?” He recognized the voice immediately when he looked at back, it was Minzy and Sunmi.

Jiyong shook his head. “The doctor was right, history repeats itself.” He sighed and started to walk, he was supposed to be happy, isn't this what they all hoped for? He looked at the ceiling after, as if looking out for anything to happen, mustering every courage that he has to ask. “What’s the latest update with her?”

The two girls stopped on their heels and made Jiyong stop at the sudden absence of the clacking noises. He looked back and finally saw it clearly, the answers in both of their eyes. A split second reverie was sent to the heavens as tears leaked from his eyes and his chest felt tightened, the two started to cry and sob as well. Jiyong slumped down and broke in tears, trembling and aching. He hung his head and tried his best not to weep loudly.

“Th-they said it was sp-spreading already, h-her brain and lu-” Sunmi started to hiccup.

“Don’t.” Jiyong cut her off. “Just don’t.”

As if he got a spoiler of a story, suddenly he decided he didn’t want to hear the ending, dangerously hoping that it was all just another sad dream and to wake up to see that they're all still around safe and sound. But when has reality been kind when remembered? Jiyong wished he never had to know, at least when you don't know victory you are at least spared from the knowledge of loss. He curses the older man for that. Jiyong wished he never agreed to be on that stage, he suddenly wished he never even debuted.

It felt surreal, odd, hypnagogic. She was just here a few days ago, all of them talked to her, and she talked back. But now even though they could still talk to her, she won’t answer and she never will. The rest wondered how it must have felt like for her, they still have questions. Now all those questions will remain unanswered. They’ll float into the abyss, forever unanswered, forever unsolved. She left, this time she did not only leave him but she left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter