Ch. 9

You're Not Something I Want To Lose

*Your POV*

You were sitting in the school library waiting for class to start. As you waited you suddenly stared out the window and looked at the morning view of the school and thought of what happened yesterday. The image of Jackson kissing my forehead suddenly popped up into my head. I gently smiled remembering that. My heart feels happy. 
 
“Hey.” someone said from behind me. I turned and saw that is was Jackson. He smiled and sat in front of me. “What were you thinking smiling all to yourself?” He asked me. 
 
“Nothing.” I said and then put my phone down. 
 
“I won’t take that nothing as an answer.” He said. “Now tell me what you were thinking.” 
 
“ I was thinking to myself that if I was a soul, there must have been reasons as to why I returned. You said you saw me right? Do you by chance have any clue as to why I had the chance of becoming human again?” 
 
“No.” 
 
*Jackson.s POV*
 
I remembered when her little brother told me about someone being the light for her was she by chance talking about Mark. Mark was capable of seeing her too. Maybe it is him since she did like him too before the incident.” 
 
“Jackson, do you?” She asked looking at me. 
 
“I’m not sure but there’s a slight chance I might know.” I said to her. 
 
“What is it?” 
 
“Mark. You liked him before the incident right? Your two years crush.” 
 
“How’d-” 
 
“Did you?” 
 
She nodded. 
 
“Since he was able to see you maybe he was the reason as to why you got out of coma.” I said. 
 
“I don;t think this have anything to do with him.” She said. “Even if I was to like him in the past if he doesn’t even remember me now then it’s totally means nothing.” 
 
“What if I say that I remember. That you were the one who saved me form the fire. The one who risked her life for me. The one I met at the swing was also you your soul. The one who I’ve also liked. Park ____.” Mark said suddenly at a table from the far left of me. “I remember everything now.” 
 
“Mark..” His name slipped softly from ____.
 
I stood up. "I don’t I am meant to be here.” I said and made my way out of the library. My heart felt heavy. I didn’t want to walk away from her. I didn’t want to leave her with him. my heart’s sad, but it’s not like she will remember me. 
 
“Oppa!” Eun Ji shouted as soon as she found me. 
 
“Hey.” 
 
“You don’t look too happy. Is it because of ____?” She asked me. 
 
“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.” I said and ruffled his hair. 
 
*Your POV*
 
Jackson stood up and left as Mark made his way towards me. 
 
“____, I remember everything now. I missed you so much. Your feelings, I can accept but will you take my feelings in return?” 
 
My heart wasn’t able to stand seeing Jackson leave just like that. I stood up and chased after Jackson. When I reached to him I found him happily with Eun Ji. 
 
“Is this how it’s suppose to be between us? Not being with each other from the beginning to the end. Was I suppose to even meet Jackson? If I didn’t save Mark then maybe I would’ve never met Jackson. If I didn’t choose to like Mark then maybe I would’ve had the chance with him.” I thought to myself. 
 
“We’re two different people who shouldn’t have even met.”  
 
*No Ones POV*
 
Mark stood in the library still shocked from ____ actions. 
 
“She doesn’t feel the same anymore. Not like how she did two years ago.” 
 
You silently was Jackson and Eun Ji until they turned the corner. Mark found you standing by yourself stuck in spot. 
 
“____.” 
 
“I’m sorry. I don’t think I can return those feelings anymore.” 
 
“Eun Ji was also my childhood friend. It was Jackson, Eun Ji and me. The three of us were all childhood friends together.” 
 
“I don’t to know about such information. It doesn’t matter to me at all. I just want to be alone.” I said and headed to class. 
 
*Jackson’s POV*
 
After school Eun Ji and I went to buy ice cream and just hung out to chat.” 
 
“Jackson..” Eun Ji started.
 
“What’s up?” I asked enjoying my ice cream. 
 
“Does Mark also like ____?” She asked which put us into a silent moment. 
 
“Honestly I don’t know about now. But I do know about back then. He liked her, and now he regained his memory but I don’t know if he’ll stop liking her or if he’ll continue his feelings for him, because that’s his decision.” 
 
“What about you? Do you like her?”
 
“I can’t imagine myself without her yet, I letting her go so she can be happy. I don’t want to be the reason why she’ll be sad.” I said and looked down at my feet. 
 
“Does she remember yet?” 
 
“No, not yet. I hope she does soon, somehow.” I said and then looked up into the sky. “How come you’re asking about Mark?” 
 
“It’s nothing. I’m just worried. Don’t forget we all were childhood friends.” She said walking ahead of me. 
 
“I know how you feel towards Mark, Eun Ji.” I spoke to myself. “You don’t have to try and hide it anymore. I know you never liked me, you were only acting so that Mark will at least look once your way, however he just doesn’t.” 
 
“Oppa, what are you thinking about.” 
 
“Nothing. Why don’t we both go on our way home. It’s getting late and as a girl you shouldn’t stay out too late.” 
 
“It’s okay, I got you.” She said. 
 
“I don’t think I even want to protect myself in that kind of situation.” I said and made my way to my place. 
 
“Alright then, make sure you at least look around you okay. Stay safe.” She said. 
 
“You too.” I said and then we both separated home. 
 
My phone rung and to upset to look at the caller I just answered. “Hello?” 
 
“Ka Yee, I’m sorry.” ____ said over the phone. 
 
“What are you sorry about?” 
 
“Nothing.” She said and hung up. Then i realized she called me by my actual name. “She’s probably sad after talking with Mark. Maybe I should go and comfort her.” I then made my way to her place. 
 
I slowly made my way to her door and then knocked. her little brother opened the door and let me enter. 
 
“Where’s your noona?” I asked him. 
 
“Noona’s not home yet. I’m getting worried. She doesn’t come home late much.” He said about to cry.
 
“It’s okay. I’ll go find her for you.” I said as he nodded. 
 
I left her place and quickly made my way back to school. I tried texting her and calling her but I couldn’t find her anywhere. I went to the library and rooftop of the school and she wasn’t there. I went to the swings in the park and she wasn’t there. 
 
“When did I last see her?” I said to myself. “This morning after leaving her with Mark.” Frustrated I tried to think of places where she’ll go to yet I can’t think of any.
 
“Where did you go?” 
 
“Ka Yee, I’m sorry.” Her words repeated in my head. 
 
“Why would she be sorry!” I yelled out of anger and frustration. I was walking pass so many place yet I don’t see her at all. 
 
“Ka Yee.” I heard someone called me from behind. I turned and saw that it was ____. 
 
“Where were you?!” I yelled out of frustration. 
 
Tears swelled up in her eyes. 
 
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to worry you.” She said as tears strolled down her face. Not being able to stand seeing the women I love cry I hugged her embracing her close. 
 
“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have shouted at you.” 
 
“No, it’s my fault. I shouldn’t have wondered off.”
 
“Of course you shouldn’t. Your little brother was getting worried.” 
 
“You went to my place?” 
 
“I was worried about you when you suddenly called me saying my actually name and apologizing. But where were you at?”
 
“I was in front of your house.” 
 
“What?” 
 
“I was in front of your house.” She repeated. 
 
“What were you doing there?”
 
“I wanted to apologize to you but I couldn’t do it so I called you thinking you were at home.”
 
“Babo. Why would you apologize for something that I don’t even know about?” She finally pulled away. 
 
“I’m just sorry. I should head home now. My little brother’s probably really worried by now.” She said avoiding my question but then I let it slide. 
 
“I’ll walk you home, just incase you decide to wonder off again.” 
 
“Okay.” She said and we both mad sour way to her place. I watched her until she entered her house and then left to my place.” 
 
I went home and then took a shower and then made myself comfortable in bed and minutes later i went off to dreamland. 
 
“Ka Yee.” I heard my name repeatedly begin called. I was in a  dark place, nothing can been seen from the front nor back however I felt that I was very bright. I kept walking until I heard someone crying. 
 
“Who’s there?” 
 
“Ka Yee?” I heard a girl. 
 
“Who are you?” I continued walking until I saw a girl in white standing not far form me.
 
“Ka Yee.” She called out happily. 
 
“____? What are you doing here?” I asked her. 
 
“It’s so dark and lonely here.” She said. “But you’re so bright that I’m so happy.” She said. 
 
“Come on, hold my hand. Don’t you let go of me.” I said putting out my hand for her. She took hold of my hand as we both continued walking until we saw a bright light. 
 
“Come on let’s go through here.” I said when I noticed I was no longer holding her hand yet I felt a pushed and was pushed into the bright light. 
 
I woke up from my dream and thought about my dream. I shook it off and went to wash my face and then came back to bed. 
 
“What kind of dream was that.” I thought to myself and then went back to sleep. 
 
My alarm went on couple hours later. I turned it off and then went to get ready for school. I still couldn’t get that dream out of my head. it seemed so real yet so much like a dream. I was so spaced out that I didn’t even hear Eun Ji calling for me. 
 
“Oppa!” She shouted ut loudly one last time. 
 
“Oh, Eun Ji.” I said as I finally heard her shout. 
 
“What were you thinking so deep about? Don’t tell me it’s nothing, it can’t be nothing if you didn’t hear me.” 
 
“I was thinking about how to avoid you.” I said jokingly but with a straight face as if I meant what I said. 
 
“That’s mean.” She said and walked off ahead. 
 
“I was just kidding. I was thinking about how to pass the quiz I have in class today. Trying to study in my head.” 
 
“Oh. Too concentrated that you didn’t head about me.” She said. 
 
“Yes, too concentrated I didn’t hear you, I wasn’t trying to avoid you so don’t worry much about it okay.” I said and ruffled her hair. 
 
We made our way to school and then headed to class separately. When it was break I went to find ____. 
 
“Oppa!” I heard two girls yell from two different directions. I looked and saw Jung Hee on my right side and Eun Ji at my left side. The two girls glared at each other while I made my way up the stairs to the rooftop to find ____ up there. 
 
“You’re here.” She said smiling as I made my way over to her. 
 
“You were waiting for me?” She nodded. 
 
“I was wondering what took you so long, I guess that’s because you got many people chasing after you.” She joked to herself. 
 
“Oppa!” Both En Ji and Jung Hee busted through the door. A bit annoyed I turned around and said, “Will both of you stop it?! Jung Hee I don’t even like you anymore and Eun Ji will you take her away please.” Both of them in silence. 
 
“OKay.” Eun Ji said and pulled Jung Hee down the stairs. 
 
“Yah! Let me go!” Jung Hee yelled. 
 
“Don’t interrupt my oppa’s love problem.” I heard Eun Ji. 
 
“Eun Ji listens to you a lot huh?” ____ asked me. 
 
“You can say that.” He said 
 
“Jackson..What if I told you I’m moving?” 
 
“What’s this all the sudden?” 
 
“My aunt wants me to go to America and live with her there to get a good education, what do you think?” 
 
“Are you going?” 
 
“I don’t know.” 
 
“Do you want to go?” 
 
“SOmewhat.” 
 
“Then why don’t you go?” 
 
“There’s someone that I don’t want to leave.” 
 
“Who’s that?”
 
“My little brother. He’s gonna stay here with my mom-” 
 
“I don’t want you to go.” I said softly.
 
“What?” 
 
“I don’t want you to go.” I said louder. “Plus you need to take care of your brother. Imagine how he’ll felt after seeing you in coma and barely regain conscious and now you’re about to leave him. He’s gonna be lonely he need someone by his side.” 
 
“What will you do if I told you that I’m going?” 
 
“Then why did you ask me if you were planning to go anyways?” 
 
“Because I just want you to tell me not to go. Not for my brother or anyone but for you. For me not to go because you want me to stay.” 
 
“I do want you to stay. Stay with me for me. Don’t you leave my side once I ask you to stay by my side.” 
 
“Okay, I won’t go.” She said and stood up. 
 
“I wasn’t planning to go in the first place.” 
 
“But you just said-” 
 
“I don’t want to leave because I have someone I don’t want to leave. Didn’t you remember hearing me say that.” 
 
“Didn’t you say it was your brother?” 
 
“No, there’s one more person other than my little brother.” 
 
“Who is it?” 
 
“That..it’s a secret.” She said and left me alone on the rooftop. I followed her. 
 
“You’re not going to tell me?” 
 
“Not yet, but I will tell you eventually.” 
 
“When will that be?” 
 
“Not anytime soon.” She said and ran off to her class. I smiled at her leaving yet sad and afraid that, that someone will not be me. 
 
*Your POV*
 
Even thought that someone is you Jackson, I don’t want to tell you yet. I’m not sure of how you feel exactly and I can’t bring myself out to ask you. Even if I feel that you do feel the same, there’s time where I feel that you don’t.
 
I made my way down the street to my house when I saw someone standing in front of my house. 
 
“Who could it be?” I made my way over and was soon behind that person. When that person turned around and saw me he was nervous. 
 
“What are you doing in front of my house?” 
 
“How’s everyone?” 
 
“Where the heck were you all this time?” 
 
“I…found a job and met a good woman. We’re getting married and she’s pregnant.” 
 
“WHAT?!” I yelled also hearing another voice. I turned and saw my mom. 
 
“I’ve been staying at her place and we both lived there, but now because she’s pregnant and I go to work all day long there’s no one to take care of her so I was wondering if we could both move in so then someone could help watch her.” 
 
“Well where is she?”
 
“In the car.” He said and waved to her telling her to come out of the car. She made her way over. 
 
“Annyeonghaseyo.” She greeted both me and my mother. 
 
We both stunned and greeted her. 
 
“Omma, we’re not dreaming right?” I asked as she pinched me. “Ow! okay, we’re not dreaming. Hi, I’m Jae Euk’s younger sister ____.”
 
“I’m Lee Ah Young.” 
 
“Why don’t we go inside and you both could tell us how you both met.” We made our way in.
 
“So how did you two meet?” 
 
“It was fate maybe. I was walking down the street of Jae Euk’s building. He was on his way out of work when my heel broke in front of him right when he made it out the door. I fell over as he caught me into his arms. For me it was like a dream come true.” She said smiling. 
 
“Wow, that’s so cute!” 
 
“What about you sis, any boyfriend?” 
 
“Did you even know I got into coma for two years?” 
 
“Yes I did know. I had a little messenger helping me. He told me there is this one hyung that he really likes. Who is it? Mind telling me.”
 
“What nonsense did that ‘little messenger’ tell you?” 
 
“What he told me seems pretty real.” 
 
“Anyways forget about me, when’s the wedding?” 
 
“The wedding we planned in next week. As soon as possible so that her stomach won’t show yet.” 
 
“Okay then. I guess I’ll take part in it as well.” 
 
There was a sudden knock on the door so I went to open. 
 
“Oh Jackson, what are you doing here?” 
 
“A little bird told me that I should come meet his hyung.” Jackson said
 
“What is Chang Min telling you two?” 
 
“A lot of stuff about you.” Both my brother and Jackson said.
 
“Wow, I can’t believe this.”
 
—————————————————————————————————————————
 
Okay here’s CH.9. It might be a bit boring and I know it kinda just write random stuff but just deal with it a little bit longer. Okay? anyways i hope you enjoyed it. :)