Chapter 1- Blooming

Closing Act ~Love in Bloom~

May 25th, 2011, Korea

“Lotus, come here, we have to get your make-up on.” The girl sighed, brushing her bangs back, staring at her reflection. Can I really do this? She thought, nothing but nerves racking her body. It was the day of her debut, the day she would finally get her name out there. “Lotus!”

“Coming!” She hurried over to the other side of the room, sitting in the black chair. “Remember what I said darling?”

“Like a flower, you'll bloom. Don't worry just sprout.' I got it.”

“Good.” Elaine, was like an older sister to her. Not just a make-up artist but someone she trusted, she was always there putting her make-up on and telling her encouraging words. “And Lotus, this is getting you closer to your idols, isn't that exciting~” The older woman wiggled her eyebrows with a knowing smile. Lotus stuck out her bottom lip, an unhappy thought crossing her mind. “Today's there anniversary you know.”

“Mmm, I do. You all will share an anniversary isn't that sweet?” Lotus shrugged her shoulders. After a few touch ups and hair pins, clipping of her costume and checking of the mic, she hurried towards the stage. “I can do this, no worries just bloom, the stage is my garden, I'm the flower in that garden.”

“In just a bit a solo artist will be making her debut.”

“We'll be right back after a short break!” The hosts smiled into the camera. “Lotus FIGHTING!” She clenched her fists, pumping herself up.

May 25th, 2011, Japan

 

“You guys have 30 minutes until your next event.” Their manager said peeking his head into their waiting room. “Got it.” Jonghyun propped his feet on the table, leaning back against the sofa. SHINee was currently busy with their Japan debut, the remake of Replay and several other songs and a whole bunch of concerts. Of course the boys enjoyed their work, and on a day like this they wanted nothing more but to spend it with there fans, but-- “Hyung! Hurry and turn the t.v. on!” Taemin shouted, bouncing in his seat. “Okay, okay.”-- they were all curious about the young girl who was making her debut on the same day. “How old is she again?” Onew asked, an eyebrow raised. “I think she's 19.”

“Oh, she's Taeminnie's noona.” Minho said, his eyes big. “A noona...” Taemin said the word as if it was foreign. “I wonder if she's a fan.” Key was resting his elbow on Jonghyuns thigh. “Apart of SHINee world? That'd be a surprise.” Onew nodded. “And we're back!!”

She'll be joining us in seconds!” The t.v echoed around the room. “Oh, it's starting!” Onew quickly found himself a spot on the floor, Jong turned the volume up. “Here she is, everyone welcome Lotus!!!” The crowd cheered on the t.v. and the lights dimmed. A few seconds later a girl with brown hair, and a white flowy dress appeared. “Oooh.” Key sat up, giving his full attention to the debutee. She twirled her hands high above her head, ballet style. The camera zoomed in on her face. “She looks delicate....” Onew mumbled, his eyes focused on the t.v. They were all mesmerized by the new beauty. From the t.v. You could see how light and delicate her moves were, it was as if she had wings. Her eyes were closed, focused on her dance, then.....came her voice. Minho swallowed back a gasp and the others stared, their mouths open. Her voice was soft and sweet, as if an angel itself was singing to you. Her dress puffed out perfectly, she looked like a flower on that stage. The camera briefly focused on the audience, they were silent, so focused on Lotus's performance. She sung and finished off her performance. The cameras brightened, the boys blinked leaning back. “Wow, such a stage presence.” The hosts said to her, she smiled shyly, bowing. “Thank you.”

Introduce yourself.” She hit herself on the forward as if to say; oh right! Onew's smile widened. “Kyeo.” He muttered. “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lotus.” She made a heart shape with her hand and broke it apart, as if it exploded. Then she bowed. “Waaaah, Lotus, you're so pretty~” She waved her hand back and forth in front of her face. “Can you explain to us real quick what that just was?”

This?” she did it again, heart shape then explosion. “Yes, yes.”

Oh, that's—“ She stopped then said. “You know how SHINee has their fist clench?” at the sound of their name the boys glanced at each other. “Well that's my gesture, it's as if to say, I will make the love in your heart bloom.” The audience on t.v. oohed. The two hosts clapped and said regretfully. “We're sorry Lotus but we must say goodbye.” She bowed and waved to the audience then into the camera, for a second she stared at the camera, blinked, then a smile broke out across her face. Her eyes sparkled and hard earned sweat glistened on her forehead. The show cut to commercials, Jonghyun clicked the t.v off dazed. The room was silent. “She knows us.” Taemin said, a pleased smile on his face. “She does...” Minho muttered uncrossing his arms. “Well of course she knows us.” Key stood up, patting down his pants. “Maybe when we get back to Korea we'll run into her.”

“That'd be nice.” Onew got up off of the floor, heading towards the door. “Lets go, we have to go and celebrate today with SHINee world.” the other 4 nodded, following the leader out.  

 

May 25th, 2011, Korea

Lotus hurried off  the stage, her stomach churning with excitement and nervousness. "Honey you did it!" Elaine ran up to her, wrapping her in a warm hug. "Oh, you did it!"

"I did....I did do it huh." She smiled to herself, a tear escaping her eyes. "I did it..."

"Oh, sweetheart, don't cry." Elaine hurriedly wiped the tears from her eyes. Their was a feeling in her chest that she couldn't quite explain, she just cried. "Mother, father thank you." words of gratitude choked from her lips as she cried into Elaines chest. "There, there." The older woman smoothed her hair back and smiled. "Oh!" She pushed Lotus back, by her shoulders. Suddenly remembering. "What if they were watching?" She wiped her wet cheeks, shaking her head. "Mmm, noway, they're so busy."

"But you never know!" she grinned at those words. It was true, you would never know, I mean look at me! She thought happily. "Elaine for now, I just want to go home and eat." saying this she began to walk towards the changing room. "Lotus, honey! You just debuted, give it some time and your schedule will be packed!! You'll be a star!"

"I know, that's why I want to enjoy my normality for a little while longer." She gave Elaine a sheepish grin. Elaine tsked at her simplicity. 

The word star was forgein to her, she was nothing but a rookie it would take time, to be like SHINee, no, to be a star. "I'm still blooming,it takes time for a flower to fully bloom..." she said to herself, with a satisified smile.

 

2012, Magazine Interview

An inside look on everyone's  flower

Interviewer- "How has it been since your debut?"

Lotus- "Hectic? *laughs* but a nice hectic, I've met a lot of fans...didn't think I had so many."

Interviewer- *laughs* "Nonsense, you're a wonderful girl."

Lotus- "Thank you."

Interviewer- "Everyone's dying to know, before your debut....how were you?"

Lotus- "Before I debuted? Hmm..the same? I don't think I've changed much. Maybe....a little bit more wise, it's a lot more work then I thought."

Interviewer- *nods*

Lotus- "But I enjoy what I do, making new fans and meeting new people."

Interviewer- "It's only been a year since your debut and you've gained so many fans!"

Lotus- "I'm pretty surprised myself. It hasn't been that long since my debut, I'm happy and a bit overwhelmed*laughs* but I hope that people continue to support me and watch me grow."

Interviewer- "Such a modest young lady."

I throw the magazine article down and sigh. "What's wrong?" Elaine glances back at me from the passenger seat of the van. "Nothing..." I run a hand through my bangs and look out the window. A year.....just a year and I've already come this far?! I don't beilieve it...I squeeze my eyes shut, the happiness overwhelming me. "Elaine, can we take a break?" I ask, breaking my eye contact with the window. "No, you have a few more interviews and then several variety show appearances." I poke out my bottom lip. "But Elaine, SHINee has a Sherlock performance today." I puff out my cheeks. "And you have a performance today too. You'll be able to see them in due time." I in my cheeks and lean back against the seat. Since my debut stage I've gained quick fame aaaaaand a busy schedule, like Elaine had said I was going to be very busy. But no complaints, it's work, but enjoyable. And instead of celebrating my 20th birthday with my family, I celebrated with fans. The van turns into a parking lot, I brush my bangs back, preparing myself. I always end up getting nervous just before a performance. "Su-Jin." Elaine calls my brithname. "Yes?"

"Deep breaths." I nod, inhaling and exhaling. Inhale, exhale. The driver comes around, opening the door for me, I step out. Elaine pats invisble dust off of my shoulders, I smile at her. "Go and kill them....softly." Laughing we enter the building.

 

2012 Magazine Interview

Interviewer- "SHINee's back!"

Jonghyun- "Wooo!"

Interviewer- *laughs* So recently a female artist made her debut...

Jonghyun- "Ah, that's right. Lotus?"

Interviewer- "That's right. Now I want to know, what you all think of her, using one word."

Jonghyun- "Since Onew's the leader he's going to answer first."

Onew- "One word..? Mmmm, chicken!"

Key- "Uuuuuugh."

Jonghyun- "So you're saying you want to eat her?"

Onew-*laughs*

Minho- "Soft."

Taemin- "Areumdawo"

OT4- "Ooooh~"

Jonghyun- "Competiton!"

Key- "Refreshing."

Interviewer- "Nice, nice, would you want to meet her?"

SHINee- "We'd love to."

 

~to be continued~

 

 

A/N I hope you enjoyed this little first chapter

Please tell me you enjoyed it and that you like Lotus

Eeeeeeeeh, that's it for now, not very talkative right now