Chapter 3

Cinderella's Aegyo Prince

Without knowing it, Kyuhyun just found himself agreeing with Sungmin's condition of going out of the palace. 

"Sungmin-ah are you sure about this?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin while hiding from the guards.

"Of course" Sungmin replied.

Both of them were wearing a hood and a long rugged cape to look like a commoner and to hide from the guards. Quietly, Kyuhyun and Sungmin sneaked out of the palace. Unfortunately, a sudden recognition from the guard called out for them.

"Sir Kyuhyun may I ask where are you going?" the guard asked, Sungmin hid his face with all his might.

"Oh, Sir Hangeng I'm just gonna guide this stranger, he got lost-----and-----I'll help him find his way" Kyuhyun alibied.

"Okay, just don't allow strangers to wander inside the castle" the knight added.

"Okay" Kyuhyun replied.

Rapidly, he pulled Sungmin outside the palace gate and successfully escaped from the guards. When they reached far from the palace, Sungmin removed his hood and saw the simple people having fun. While he was busy looking around, his knight was busy catching his breathe from his nervous break down.

"Sungmin, I don't think this is a good idea, we should go back to the castle" Kyuhyun nervously said.

"Kyuhyun I'm having fun, I did not know this is the life outside the palace, it's so noisy and colorful" Sungmin looked around.

"I know, let's go back now" Kyuhyun pulled his hand.

"You go first I'll just go after you" Sungmin stopped him.

"What?!" Kyuhyun asked.

"Don't worry nobody knows my face so they'll just thought I'm just a normal boy" Sungmin reasoned.

"But you can't go out here without an accompaniment" Kyuhyun defensed.

"It's okay knight" Sungmin tried to convince him but he's still doubtful, "Fine, just go home before dinner okay?"

"Are you my mother?" Sungmin laughed.

"No, I'm just saying" Kyuhyun added.

"Fine, I get it okay? Go now!" Sungmin pushed his knight away, as he left, Sungmin continued to wander around. People whom he doesn't even know invited him for a dance, he entertained it shortly but continued on when he like moving on.

"I did not know, this is so alive" he said, "Do you want to buy young man?" he looked to his left and saw an old woman selling fresh fruits in her stall.

"Oh, sure can I buy this?" Sungmin pointed at the apple.

"Sure, only 10 coins for you" the old lady added.

While the old woman was picking apples for him, a small pretty lady stood beside the prince. The prince momentarily glanced at the lady beside him but suddenly stuck his stares at her when he realized she's a cute fine lady.

"Morning Mrs. Lee, do you have trades for me?" the girl asked with her aegyo face.

"Of course Sunny dear, here take this" the old lady handed over the apples.

"Thank you!" Sunny said, squealing. After hearing her aegyo, the self-proclaim aegyo king suddenly chuckled and whispered to himself, "Aishh aegyo, I don't know commoners also do that" 

"Sorry? Are you saying something?" the young lady stopped smiling and looked at him, the prince just shook his head. The prince secretly laughed more when the young lady suddenly pouted her lips while leaving. He giggled after realizing that even commoners do aegyo.

"Here are your apples young man" the old lady said.

"Thank you, uhmm may I ask, who is that girl?" Sungmin said as he grabs the apples from the lady.

"Oh, she is Sunny, her father is one of the royal knights. You know, I pity that girl" the old lady started.

"Why?" Sungmin asked.

"Well, her father died when she was just 8, it's been a decade since he died" the old lady added, "that's why everytime she goes here I am always giving her trades of apples in exchange of her service" 

"Service? What service?" Sungmin asked.

"She will take care of my grandson while I'm here at the plaza selling apples" the old lady said.

"May I ask where is your house?" he asked. Unknowingly, Sungmin felt curious about this Sunny he just met. 

"I'm sure Sunny is there now. It's just near, the first house near the public library" the old lady gave him her address while Sungmin paid her golds in exchange of the apples that he bought, "Okay thanks" 

Leaving the old lady stammered from the gold that he paid, Sungmin ran as fast as he could, hoping he could catch on her. Suddenly, he remembered somebody named Sunny whom he met when he was young. "Sunny? Sunny? I think I heard that name before" he said to himself.

He finally felt tired and decided to walk casually when he bumped with someone, the apples she's holding fell unto the floor. He helped her pick up the apples and when he looked up, he saw it's that Sunny.

"Sunny?" Sunny stood up and was very confused, she raised her eyebrows as she looked at the stranger. "Do I know you?" 

"Uh no, but the old lady who's selling apples do" Sungmin said.

"Mrs. Lee? Why did she mention me to you?" Sunny asked.

"Uhm technically, but I did not mean to ask about you" 

"Are you a stalker?"

"Of course not!" Sungmin exclaimed.

"Are you working at the palace?" Sunny said.

"Huh? I---am-----my father's a servant in the palace" Sungmin reported.

"I'm Sungmin, and you're Sunny right?" Sungmin offered his hands.

"Yes, I am Sunny" Sunny lent her hand. After shaking hands with the stranger, Sunny moved on and carried her bags of trades.

"Where are you going, that seems heavy" Sungmin changed topic.

"Oh I'm going home now" 

"Do you mind if I ask what are those?" 

"Trades, I am working in exchange of this trades" Sunny exclaimed.

"You're working? But you're a girl you should be just at home" the prince worried.

"Well, I have to---wait--why am I telling you my story anyway?" Sunny changed her tone.

"I want to be friends with you, since I am just new here" the prince explained.

"New?" Sunny asked.

"Well, I just transfer from another palace, so I am just new here" Sungmin smirked.

"Okay hold these, follow me" Sunny handed him the bags. 

The bags were heavy so Sungmin used all his power to carry them, while Sunny was secretly giggling and smiling.

"Oh my gosh, why am I blushing?" Sunny touched her cheeks.

"Sunny-sshi, are we there yet?" Sungmin exclaimed.

"We're near now, it's on the outskirts so it's a bit far" Sunny said.

"O-k-a-y" Sungmin was really tired from carrying them.

"You know you're a girl but how can you carry all of these?" Sungmin added.

"Well, let's just say I grew up doing that" Sunny said while walking backwards.

"You are?" Sungmin became serious.

"Yes, my brother keps on scolding me because I won't stop working" Sunny continued to walk backwards.

"You have a brother?" Sungmin asked.

"Yes, he is working at a bakery shop, so he doesn't know that I'm working" Sunny said.

"You know Mr. Sungmin, I just met you but I think we know each other for a long time already" 

Sunny did not notice that a small carriage was running to them, Sungmin's eyes grew big, he dropped the bags and pushed Sunny away from the passing carriage. Sunny and Sungmin fell on the ground, and were really surprised. 

"Are you okay?" Sungmin asked.

"Yes" Sunny is still in shock. "My trades" Sunny ran to the fruits and vegetables.

"I'm sorry, I saw the carriage passing by you and~"

"It's okay, it's my fault as well, I am not looking on my way" Sunny bowed her head.

"Let's just pick up all the fruits and vegetables that can still be eaten" Sunny started to pick up the fruits.

"Okay let me help you" Sungmin picked up the vegetables.