finders keepers! [losers weepers].

Finders Keepers! [Losers Weepers]

 

 

 


finders keepers!  [losers weepers].


 

 

 

 

His back was pressed against the iron of the fence, offering little support. Then he leaned back and held the book in his hands up so that he could read it. His eyes quickly skimmed over the title of the book realising that he had already analysed it. Indeed, confused he opened the book up and could see the yellow stick notes poking out. 

 



Sighing he adjusted his glasses that were slowly but steadily sliding his nose down. Lu Han had no choice but rummaging through his bag which was next to him. He had to look for his other book which he would use to work through. He went on and started to go through some of the first topics, making sure he repeated the important details and understood as clearly as possible. 

 



"Focus...you can do this." Lu Han lifted his chin, trying to regain his air of self-belief. He could feel his heart sinking into his stomach just from seeing those topics he never paid attention to. How would he graduate at this rate? He huffed slightly at the papers and grabbed his pen. He pored over the book, his eyes narrowing at the next question. 

 


He attentively noted everything down on his notebook, debating over the best way to start out, but he was suddenly distracted by his ringing phone. Lu Han brought it out seeing Chanyeol's face on the screen doing his favorite selca pose. He sighed and tried to tear his eyes away from the screen after pressing his thumb on the red button.

 


He had Chanyeol annoying him with his studies before. It was not the first time that his younger friend called and texted him whenever he fled to the rooftop for silence. Many times, in fact, Lu Han hadn't even batted an eyelash. He had been doing such a good job these past few weeks of avoiding his friends to study for his final exams. He only allowed them to call on the weekend when he wouldn't be so busy.

 


But then Chanyeol had to ignore that and started to disturb him, completely innocently and entirely naive of what kind of mental interference he had instigated with that simple move, and suddenly Lu Han couldn't go on anymore.




Maybe it was time for a little break. He had been after all studying nonstop without long breaks or focusing on the fun things in life. He really wanted to do well and eventually get a well paying job. But that depended on his grades. He was in no position to joke around and abandon his work like a certain someone. 
 


Or maybe Lu Han was just too strict with himself.

 



He said as he leaned back on the cool ground with his hands down. He closed his eyes. Muscles Lu Han couldn't even suppose existed began to loosen themselves all throughout his body as strain seemed to just fade away off his very skin. His whole body was relaxing and he leaned further back, feeling the sunlight on his face. It streamed down, filling his stressed senses, making him sigh out breath to swirl the air.





"Hey! What are you doing here?!"
 




The angered and shocked voice, didn't quite reach Lu Han's ears. He didn't bother to open his eyes or acknowledge the person who was standing in the middle of the rooftop and angrily made his way over. 

 

 


But hearing his stomping caused Lu Han's eyes to open even larger as he watched the boy coming closer. Before he was breathing shallowly at his closeness but now he stopped breathing altogether, too nervous to make the slightest move. He didn't know the reason why but that blonde boy turned his blood cold. 



Despite the certainty that he was younger than Lu Han, the only thought that passed through his mind was that this boy had no reason to be angry at him. Lu Han didn't do anything wrong so what was his problem? Thinking this his eyebrows narrowed and his lips thinned down into a line. 

 


As a last effort to shoo the stranger away, Lu Han glared at him as good as he could.

 



The boy, taller than Lu Han looked at him in some odd way. At first his voice was very stern and he made the impression of being grumpy. Though when Lu Han had glared back at him, that picture broke into pieces. He was standing right in front of Lu Han's feet and didn't break the eye contact. 


Did he realize that there was no point in arguing with Lu Han? It did seem like it since he stopped looking annoyed and rather surprised. He on the other hand surprised Lu Han when he kneeled down while his palms were on Lu Han's thighs. The sitting boy didn't expect that at all and didn't know how to act in response. Should he wait for what was to come or push him away?



The second option couldn't be even considered as the stranger leaned forward so much that he made Lu Han curious. What would he do? But the more he leaned in, Lu Han held his head back so that it touched the fence. But he didn't give up and came closer so that Lu Han had no choice but move even more backward. 



His head almost touched the ground which caused the stranger to pull away. 
 


Lu Han groaned and let his head and body fall on the ground. He instantly sat up, scratching his head in pain. What was wrong with that boy? Why did he have to come so close? Wasn't he angry a second ago? 

 


"Wow you are so cute. And flexible too! Great boyfriend material." The stranger smiled and was sitting cross legged in front of the startled boy. Did that kid just boyfriend? Lu Han would have actually laughed if his back wouldn't have hurt. Was that child serious? Boyfriend material? Did he even know how to spell that?
 

 


Well admittedly he was not that young but young enough to be still in school. 
 

 


His uniform gave him away, but even so he just didn't give the impression of being around Lu Han's age group. So what was a student doing at all college's rooftop? Did he do that to everyone who came up there? Well actually Lu Han was the only one who visited it. Sometimes Chanyeol tagged along, not to study though. Just to annoy Lu Han and complain about his unrequited love. 



"Excuse me but why aren't you in school? Your teachers will be worried and probably call your parents. I doubt that this doesn't bother you. So go home little one." Lu Han smiled and gently ruffled his hair. He knew that he shouldn't touch people he just met but he had the feeling that he didn't mind. 


He was right, the boy didn't say anything. He just stared at Lu Han's face and raised his hand to cup Lu Han's cheek but the elder continued to smile and grabbed his arm to pull the hand away. Why did that brat touch his face? Did he want to die?



"Hyung did you know that is my rooftop?" The boy lifted his hand again to touch the other's cheek but Lu Han pushed his annoying hand away. His rooftop? That was clearly a lie or part of a very bad pickup line. Where did he even learn that? 

 


Lu Han suppressed the urge to laugh. But he didn't come to laugh, he came to study. So he better ignored the boy and carried on working. He was not even halfway through and the essay was due in a few days. He had to find a way to end this stupid conversation that was not going anywhere.
 

 


"Oh so this is your rooftop? That's nice."
 

 


With this said Lu Han grabbed his abandoned pen from the ground and placed his notebook on his lap. He continued from the point where he had stopped to converse with that boy. A few minutes in silence pursed but the boy didn't leave. He didn't look like he would as his eyes were fixed on Lu Han.  



Occasionally he would compliment Lu Han saying that he liked his glasses though Lu Han would reply that those were reading glasses. I don't mind still cute was his response with that stupid mischievous grin. He really didn't have anything to do; his gaze didn't leave Lu Han not even for the shortest second. 
 



As Lu Han was after two hours done, he packed everything in his bag. 
 

 


He kind of expected that the boy would help him or something like that but he was this time wrong. He was his popsicle and his soulless eyes were drilling through Lu Han's soul. He stopped talking too, which was in some way good. But why was he so quiet? First poorly flirting with Lu Han but when he actually needed some help that boy wouldn't lift a finger.
 



Brat. 
 




Letting out a huff, Lu Han got up, holding in one hand his packed bag and in the other his two folders which were pressed against his chest. How was he supposed to open the door? He couldn't expect that boy to help him. He would have to place his bag down to free one hand. Planning his leave like that, Lu Han strutted ahead not acknowledging the stranger.

 

 


But that didn't stop him from talking to Lu Han. 





"This rooftop is mine."





"..."




      

"Everything on here is mine."
                  

                   

    

"..."

     


             

"That means that you are mine."
 


                 

"Excuse me?!" Horrified, Lu Han turned around his folders threatening to fall down. He barely caught them, again trying to instigate eye contact with him who still had that popsicle in his mouth. 


He then smiled as if Lu Han had just agreed on dating him. His eyes crinkled at the corners and a faint smile graced his lips. He didn't laugh or smiled that much to hide the joke. It was not a joke he was totally serious. Seeing him stand like that, made Lu Han realize that he was a lot taller than he thought he would be. 

 


No, he didn't have time to think about that because Lu Han did in no way consider being his. Or whatever he meant with that. That smile turned into a teasing smirk that Lu Han wanted to beat off his way. But he was too shocked. He was too shocked to even blush, was that kid serious?
 



It was impossible for him to own a rooftop. The only way was to be a head teacher but what were the chances? He couldn't be older than sixteen and could never be head teacher in any existing school. That information would lead back to the fact that he was young. That made it all somehow funny. 


That Lu Han had been claimed by such a young boy was unbelievable. 




"Go home and don't bother me. I'm not yours. Come back in five years so I can reject you again." Lu Han narrowed his eyes and pushed the handle down to go back inside. He then heaved his bag from the ground and left like that. The door slowly closed after him, his answer didn't disappoint the boy not at all. 
 

 



He just smiled and waved his popsicle to the left and right. 

 




"Bye bye baby~"


   

 

 

 


--

 

 






"What'cha doin' baby?"



"I'm not your baby."

 


"You are~ its okay to be in denial."
 




A nerve started to twitch furiously on the temple of the red, getting redder Lu Han, his eyes dangerously flashed and his eyebrows jammed together in a dark scowl. That didn't work well as the boy Sehun just moved closer to him with his bright smile. The dark aura emanating from Lu Han was getting terrifying, and knowing the brat now for two months, it wouldn't scare him.
 


He literally did not leave Lu Han alone. Whenever Sehun was on the rooftop which was 24/7, he would pathetically flirt with him. He never bothered Lu Han in other rooms, or outside the college only on the rooftop. Because he was not there. So actually Lu Han could avoid him by not visiting the rooftop anymore. Though that was impossible as it was the perfect place to study. 
 


Apart from Sehun being there, Lu Han was alone and could without other students annoying him, focus. Sehun overtook that job but he had also times when he was just quiet. He would gaze at Lu Han for hours, and then remind him that the elder belonged to him. Lu Han tried as well as he could to ignore him, which included to not answering his question or responding at all. 

 


He would write and write as Sehun would stare and stare.
 



Pinning a stiff polite smile on Lu Han's face and smoothing a strand, he faced the quiet boy. "Sehun, I'm very busy today. Please do hyung a favour and sit right there. And don't say anything okay?" He asked him in his nicest tone and pointed at the other side of the rooftop. It was in fifteen meters distance and would separate them good enough. He just hoped that Sehun wouldn't mind that much distance.
 

 



Sehun pursed his lips.
 

 



"Why should I listen to you? You are mine. So that means that you should listen to me."

 

 


This brat






Lu Han sighed in defeat. Everyone with a degree of sense would have known that this was a bad idea. Trying something like that to Sehun would just backfire, he should have known. It was getting too much for his poor drained mind, the past weeks' events had been bizarre enough and now this.



Lu Han had enough as he slammed his book shut. He really had to get use to the library from now on. Even if the librarian never did something about the noise level. "I think you should really only listen me." Sehun's voice had dropped down as he came nearer, his lips brushed again his cheek. Then he eventually pressed a kiss on Lu Han's cheek, grinning playfully.


Lu Han's brown eyes glazed over to him.

 


"You should go home and watch Pororo. Or study. At this rate you won't be able to go to a good high school."



After he said that, Sehun's jaw dropped dramatically low this time and his cheeks warmed. He could not say anything anymore even if he wanted to; he just stared at him, shocked and absolutely wordless. 
 

 


"You didn't mind me kissing you?"
 

 

 


Lu Han didn't answer. 




That was a yes in Sehun's eyes. Driven by a gut feeling unheard of to himself, his arm instantly s around Lu Han's shoulder holding him in place. But yet again, Lu Han didn't respond and rather carried on reading. Sehun's eyes widened, almost taking up his whole face. His lips quivered in stun, unable of any more actions. 
 



"Remove your arm." Lu Han hissed through his gritted teeth and tightly grasped the book in his hand. Sehun was very surprised the change of tone and direction. He opened his mouth, and then closed it again, thinking. He closed his eyes, trying to remember when was the last time that Lu Han in such a manner had talked back to him. In the first week they met each other he had done so almost on a daily basis 
 



"Why should I? I love you, you belong to me." Sehun blurted out and tightened his hold around Lu Han's shoulders. He looked then at him, searching Lu Han's eyes for his purpose in this talk, but he kept his expression neutral. Inside, though, he knew why he was doing that. Sehun had been enthralled with Lu Han since first laying eyes on him. He had never seen someone so appealing though he also wondered why he was so settled down, even though Sehun was always around him and wanted to talk to him. 

 




"Sehun, find a nice girl or boy if you like and ask them out. Then you can say those words." 

 




The surprised expression on Sehun's face was like a smack in the face. Then contentment rose up so promptly in those eyes.

 



"Which words hyung?" Sehun asked and played dumb. 

 




"I love you-" However, the moment the words were out of his mouth, Lu Han swiftly wished he could sip them back in. The weighty silence that followed his statement was a long-awaited suggestion to Sehun.
 

 


But it was too late.

 




"I love you too hyung!" Sehun laughed and pulled him into an overpowering yet affectionate hug. His voice was loud, but muffled by the other's shoulder. Lu Han knew that something like that would happen so he wasn't very surprised and just sighed. His book slipped from his lap as Sehun pressed him firmer.  
 

 

 


"Can you not...?" Was the confused reply of the one he was holding. From the way he spoke and the way he let Sehun clutch him as if his life depended on holding him. Lu Han assumed that it would be a pain to separate the younger from him. So he just relaxed and let that little brat hug him. 
 


A few minutes passed but he still didn't let go.
 

 


Lu Han's right eyebrow was menacing to get off his face. He struggled to no purpose against this sudden show of fondness and tried to free his arms but his efforts were proving pointless. It was probably the warmth which radiated from Sehun to persuade Lu Han that there was no point in struggling.



He suddenly felt how the assuring hand of Sehun which had been resting on his back, disappeared. Was he finally letting go? The younger sighed and lightly Lu Han's neck, making him fidget. He hated to own up to it, but it felt so nice. He knew just the right method to have his hand on Lu Han's neck so that it wasn’t awkward or made him cringe.
 

 

 


It didn't take long for Lu Han to counter becoming more conscious of Sehun's moving his hand to cup his cheek, caressing him with his finger and thumb. 
 

 

 

 


In the next second Sehun held a phone in his hand shot a picture of them in that intimate position.

 

 

 


Lu Han should have seen it coming.

 




"Delete that. And when did you take my phone?"

 

 


He broke the hug and gave Sehun a slap on his head. 


 


Sehun smiled waving the phone to the right and left.
 




"You are mine so your phone is mine too baby~"
 


 

 


There was a voice in the back of Lu Han's head that told him to stop Sehun from thinking they were dating.



 

 

 

 


--

 

 

 

 

 

Talking to Chanyeol while watching a few DVD's was one method to brighten Lu Han's mood. He was emotionally dead from all his projects and avoiding the rooftop where Sehun was, ready to jump on him. That Chanyeol asked him to watch a movie was great. 



If he just wouldn't fall asleep. The tall boy felt another yawn coming on, and tried to repress it. His eyes watered as the yawn wouldn't get away. It kept bubbling in his chest until he lastly opened his mouth and let the yawn out. He nestled his head between the pillows on Lu Han's bed as his eyelids were burning.
 



"Chanyeol don't fall sleep. You are not going to stay overnight." Lu Han sharply warned, his eyes were fixed on the screen of his TV. He sat on the end of his bed, in a straight position and tried to focus on the movie. As much as he tried, he just couldn't. He hadn't seen Sehun for two weeks as Lu Han didn't visit the rooftop to study in peace.  

He had told Chanyeol everything about Sehun. How irritating and stuck-up he was and believed that they were in an actual relationship. Chanyeol stared at his friend in shock, not understanding that Lu Han meant every word he had said. But hell yes, Lu Han was as serious as he could be.

 


Despite that, he watched Sehun from a safe distance, but he had progressively testing the boundaries of how close he could get without being trapped. It was a foolish possibility to be seen and it would give Sehun hopes. Of course he wouldn't say he missed Sehun. How could he miss such an annoying brat? He was good for nothing and could only pull on Lu Han's nerve strings. 



But still, he found himself thinking a lot about their times together. The times when Lu Han tried to vainly study but Sehun always came in between. He smiled so much that Lu Han was fascinated that Sehun's cheeks didn't hurt; he didn't show any signs of pain. He was a child and Lu Han was in some way set to protect him. To watch over him, his face seemed quite grown up but the impression he gave off twisted that thought. 

 



It was no longer his studies in his mind that drove him, nor even the excitement to see Sehun at the rooftop. Seeing Sehun's smile and making him laugh, even if he didn't actually know what Sehun was doing. He could tell himself that Sehun wasn't everything Lu Han thought him to be, what Lu Han wanted him to be…but that didn't change that he felt ambitious to not dishearten him.



Lu Han couldn't concentrate on the stupid movie, letting his head fall onto his bed. He bit his lips and pressed his eyes shut, Sehun was not someone precious. Sehun was not someone close to being a lover. He had to tell himself that a few times to realize that he shouldn't feel like that.



"And the worst thing is that he's like ten years younger than us! We are in college and he's probably in middle school!" He carried on explaining Chanyeol but it rather sound as if he was telling that himself. He was trying to tell himself that Sehun was in no way someone to love romantically. He was not someone he could hands with, he was not someone Lu Han could kiss with, he was not. 
 



Lu Han just couldn't maintain his feelings, Sehun made him so angry. He messed with his feelings, he made him question his uality even his sanity. He drove him crazy that little ball of energy and sunshine. At least he could tell Chanyeol everything, he was his closest friend. Who strangely decided to take a nap.
 

 


Suddenly an oh so familiar voice jumped into the conversation.


 


"Actually I'm seventeen so...I hope you don't mind the seven years ."
 

 



Sehun leaned against the door frame with his bright smile that could literally blind someone. Lu Han didn't even bother to tell the young boy off. Instead he just grabbed his own hair in frustration and let out a troubled groan.

 

 



"I SWEAR CHANYEOL THAT STUPID KID IS EVERYWHERE!" 





Sehun just laughed Lu Han's frustration off and said something like your mom let me in, nice lady. He stepped into the room looking around as if he was examining it. When he was close enough to Lu Han, he leaned over him and reached out to brush the messy strands back behind Lu Han's ear. He traced the line of his cheekbone, and along his eyebrow, and down along his jaw, and then found himself, leaning low over Lu Han's indifferent face.




"Where were you? I haven't seen you in ages!" He smiled and tugged the soft skin of Lu Han's cheek. The elder was just staring like Sehun used to, understanding that he was seventeen. He was sinking that new information into his brain that the annoying little boy was seven years younger than him. Lu Han didn't know what to think, say or feel about that. 



He was younger than Lu Han. That was the only thing Lu Han knew about him apart from his face and that he was already in high school. He didn't know more. Did Lu Han want to find out more? Did he want to understand him and his feelings better?

 

 

He didn't know. 

 




The sleeping Chanyeol was not helping either. 

 





Lu Han felt sick. He'd been struggling for months in confusion over his growing awkwardness around Sehun, his unnecessary enthusiasm around him. He had been ignoring his feelings and thoughts on the issue, holding and only believing to what he thought he knew. He was sure to never let anyone find out about his effort. He wanted to be seen as smart Lu Han who carefully planned his life out and his decisions too. 
 


But it seemed like Sehun took a hold of a pen and crossed everything in Lu Han's mind out. Just everything. It wasn't clear how and when or the reason why he was doing that. The reason why began to follow him. Was it because he was Sehun's nonexistent property? Would Sehun have done it to anyone that belonged to him? Or was it because he was Lu Han?




The Lu Han who hated nothing more than being disturbed by his studies. 



The Lu Han who couldn't stand noise and overly curious people. 



The Lu Han who protected Chanyeol from bullies in second grade. 

 


The Lu Han who had missed Sehun so damn much.
 

 



He stretched his arms placing his arms around Sehun's neck. 
 

 

 


Pulling him down followed, Sehun believed that he was finally going to get kissed. 
 

 

 


Lu Han merely hugged him, tightening his arms around the younger's neck.

 

 


"Sorry hyung was busy."





For now Lu Han was still only a hyung.

 

 


But he knew that this was going to change.

 

 



 


--

 


 



"I like you. Please go out with me."


 

 



Sehun sighed and rested his palm on his cheek. He propped his elbow on his pulled in knee and stared off into space. It really irked him to see that boy Myungsoo confessing to Lu Han. How would he know what love was?

 



And that on his rooftop where only he and Lu Han where allowed to be on. The wind ruffled his hair as he pulled his blazer closer around him.  The thought of enveloping his own much warmer blazer around the small figure who meant a lot to him. He could see how Lu Han was freezing as well at his slightly shaking figure. 
 

 


Little did he know that Lu Han was shaking because of him.




He didn't want Sehun to feel sad. It sounded stupid outspoken or not, but Lu Han didn't want Sehun to feel awkward or heartbroken. As far as he was aware, Sehun had an innocent crush on the elder so Lu Han should have had the tendency to respect his feelings. So hearing Myungsoo saying those words turned his face slowly red as he smiled awkwardly, found himself his lips still unsure about his choice of words. A wave of fear washed over him, and finally managed to reply to his confession.




"I'm sorry. I don't feel the same."




Myungsoo was stunned. He hadn't been expecting that response and bluntly, it beat the breath from his lungs as he stared back at the man he liked. Was it possible to reject the Myungsoo? Girls would cat-fight any day to even hold his hand. He had a hard time realizing that he had been rejected. He was rooted to the spot, staring at Lu Han in confusion.



"I-Is it me or...are you generally not interested?"

 


Lu Han usually wouldn't know how to answer the reason behind his lack of excitement of dating. But now he had known. He didn't want to date just anyone. "I'm generally not interested." If it's not Sehun. He swallowed that sentence before it could surface and humiliate him. 



"Oh okay. Sorry for bothering you." Myungsoo dropped his tense shoulders and let out a stuffed sigh. He had to live with being rejected; it was not that it would happen again. Forcing himself to smile, he quickly bowed and then turned around to scratch the remains of his dignity together. 

 



On the way out of the rooftop he spared a glance at the sitting Sehun and gave him a smile. Sehun surprisingly smiled and even waved back. That would be the quickest way to get that attention seeking guy off his beloved rooftop. It wouldn't be of advantage to yell at him and tell him to get lost. With this gesture and well thought decision, he showed Lu Han that he could be mature.
 



He didn't always have to be the happy Sehun who could be bratty when annoyed. Speaking of his brattiness, it was in a way cute and very smart. Lu Han's legs were magically moving to Sehun, he didn't even have to think. It was as if his legs were drawn to Sehun's presence and would unconsciously approach the younger. 

 



That was why Lu Han sat back next to him and brought his book out of his bag. He just held it with one hand though since the other was tightly held by Sehun's bigger hand. He earlier had nervously reached his free hand over to cautiously touch Lu Han's other hand, which was resting on his own leg, letting his fingers glide between his. Sehun's neck stretched out while eyes were closed and lips somewhat parted. 


"You rejected him because of me right? 'Cause you are already mine right? I heard it!" The most wonderful feeling washed over Sehun then, and his own annoyance melted away into always longed victory. His eyes were still closed as he said that and could feel Lu Han's hand trembling. He tightened the grip on his hand and gave Lu Han's a reassuring squeeze. 

 

 


As if he was saying that he understood it all. 




Lu Han didn't say anything.
 

 

 


He didn't need to.

 

 


 


--

 



 


Park Chanyeol was the only person Sehun would tolerate exclusive of Lu Han. He was a fun guy and made Sehun more than once laugh. His dorky personality gave Sehun even more reasons to like the awkwardly tall friend of his property. He was also the second person Sehun had allowed to visit the rooftop. 





"Can you two be quiet?" Lu Han sternly asked, his head throbbing with pain. His head felt heavy and his body unstable, as if he was going to crumple at any set minute. He had a massive headache from studying too much so that he leaned on the fence with closed eyes. He tried to get sleep for a while but Chanyeol and Sehun couldn't stop chattering.

 

 


Chanyeol was not even listening and rather concentrated on the fact that Lu Han had someone to follow him.

 

 


"Wow...Hey kiddo, can you teach me how to be close to your crush?"
 

 



Sehun cheerfully smiled at Chanyeol.

 

 

 


"Sure."

 



The tired boy was now entirely ready to act, and therefore did not have any hopes of falling back to sleep. As little as he knew about Sehun, he could tell that something would be going wrong if he would be in charge of helping Chanyeol with Byun Baekhyun.

 

 


Lu Han was on the verge of crying.
 

 


"CHANYEOL DON'T BE FRIENDS WITH HIM!" 

 

 



"Hyung don't scream so much. It's not good for your head." Sehun who sat next to him followed by Chanyeol, trailed off, halted his nonsense and glanced at him. He could see how Lu Han refrained himself from rubbing his pounding head, because it obviously was not very effectual. He looked over to Sehun but words would not come out of his mouth. They ghosted teasingly at the tip of his tongue and Lu Han just pushed them down.

 

 


"He's a great friend Lu Han!" Chanyeol shattered the silence so Lu Han received a look from him that was something in between an eye-twitch and a beam. Lu Han gave him a brief, strict look in return. 
 

 


"He's a child."

 



"But why do you hang around with him?" He asked suddenly to what Lu Han was not prepared of. He was actually taken aback; so far, in his experience with Sehun, he was the one who always ran after Lu Han. But after some time...it was actually Lu Han who couldn't hold still without the always smiling boy. The oldest stared at Chanyeol with slight hesitation. 
 



"I....because..." Because what? Lu Han didn't know either. He didn't know why his heart beat so fast. He opened his mouth to respond, but said nothing. He snapped his jaw shut and opened his mouth again to speak after a brief period of thinking, but again, he made no sound. He couldn't answer because he didn't know why.

 


"Chanyeol look it's Baekhyun!" Sehun saved his property as he saw how confused Lu Han was. Then he smiled softly at him, a light shade of pink tinted Lu Han's cheeks. He stared at his friend Chanyeol, who still was not showing any sign of responding to his words. He brushed his bangs away from his eyes, so that more of his face was visible and he could easily spot his crush.
 

 


"Where is he?! Where is Baekhyun?" Chanyeol had to remember how to breathe and inhaled, the blush finally receding on his face. His heart was still pumping quickly and loudly, but he managed to stand up. He realized how pathetic he was, after receiving that look from his friends. He could worry about that later though as he could spot Baekhyun leaving alone the college.

 



Not even a minute passed and Chanyeol was already rushing down to his longtime crush. He didn't think and could only feel his feet land on to the stairs he dashed down. For a second, his heart sped up and he clenched his fists somewhat tighter, wondering what to say to him. His legs moved on its own as he ran through the entrance door and felt so nervous and was in such a hurry that he crashed into Baekhyun who fell from the impact. 

 

 


"Baek-"

 




Chanyeol blinked and lifted his head to see who he had crashed into. There was his Baekhyun groaning and vainly recovering from the impact. His face immediately lit up as recognized Baekhyun. Instead of smiling back to Chanyeol he glared at him. 
 


"Hey! Watch where you're going!" He shouted, continuing glaring at him. Baekhyun turned to face him and inspecting him warily, noticing that he was looking rather tense and more stiff than usual. His eyelids fell slightly down and his eyebrows rose again. Seriously, he had no idea what was wrong with him. He did know Chanyeol, it was not difficult to notice him. 

 


"B-Baekhyun I r-r-really like-" Chanyeol stopped to look down on his feet. He hoped that his crush didn't notice the least hint of pink appearing on his cheeks. He began to feel a tingling heat on his cheeks. His face was burning so much and he knew that he was starting to blush again.
 



He really couldn't. Sighing he turned around to face the college or better the rooftop. He placed his fingers at the corner of his lips and took in air. 
 



"Sehun I can't! It's too embarrassing!"

 



Before Sehun could give him some nice words of encouragement, Baekhyun eagerly had pushed Chanyeol away. 
 

 

 


"ing move Park! There is a coin on the ground yes!"
 

 

 

 



 


--

 

 

 

 

 

 


It was not clear what relationship Lu Han and Sehun had. 

 

 


They would sometimes hold hands though it was Sehun who would initiate it. It didn't bother Lu Han so they kept on intertwining their fingers every time Lu Han was reading a book. Sehun would just sit there and occasionally annoy the other boy by calling him 'baby'. The fact that he was calling Lu Han such a loving name didn't irritate him. 

 


The word itself infuriated him as Sehun was the one to be called a baby. He obviously didn't mean it literally as it was just a pet name. But even so whenever he did, Lu Han gave him an intimidating glare and smacked him on his head.

 




Sehun would just laugh while Lu Han ordered him to turn his naughty behaviour down. Naughty? How old did Lu Han think he was? Apparently old enough to be called a brat. He was the definition of a brat, he didn't listen, he was cutely arrogant and still thought he owned the rooftop and Lu Han.




Lu Han didn't like like Sehun but in a way he did. It was confusing and he would tell his mind and heart to ing decide. It annoyed him and those doubts and feelings didn't allow him to study. He would start to work on another topic at home but that stupid voice in his head didn't leave him.  

 



It would say confess, confess, confess

 



And Lu Han would answer shut up, shut up, shut up
 

 




He would stop studying and throw himself on his bed. Thinking how Sehun's and his relationship was even supposed to be even called. He really didn't know. He didn't even know how he felt towards Sehun. He was in such despair and Chanyeol crying around that Baekhyun rejected him for a coin was more annoying. 

 


In two weeks time Lu Han would graduate and never visit the rooftop again. That meant that he wouldn't be able to sit with Sehun anymore. He didn't know where Sehun even lived. When it was time to go home, he would just go and just leave Sehun alone at the rooftop. What he did up there so alone was a mystery for him.
  



Why he never went to school was also odd since he was wearing his uniform. Maybe he pretended to go to school and then secretly made his way to the college. But what was so great about the rooftop? What was so great about that, that Sehun abandoned his education? Lu Han was confused and that was not good. 
 

 


He spared a glance at the clock, it was midnight. 
 

 



Lu Han needed an answer. He sat up with his hands on his lap and curled his fingers together. It troubled him but Lu Han had to get an answer. He sighed then inhaled and exhaled. With an uncomfortable feeling in his stomach he spared a glimpse at his window.
 

 


It was so dark. Would Sehun be still at the rooftop? Alone with nobody around? The worrying feel of his throat tightening and watering of his eyes warned Lu Han. He was about to make a scene of himself, so he collected his feelings one by one and threw them away, away from his heart. Right now, he was just worried about Sehun. 
 

 


His eyes had been pressed shut up until that moment, but when the worry tugged his heartstrings, Lu Han's inner eyes could focus on Sehun's face. When he wasn't so annoying and imitated Lu Han then he was actually a handsome boy. But that was not important; he shook himself free of his strange thoughts and shrugged his shoulder. 
 

 


He looked out the window again and sighed at the vision of looking for Sehun in such a rainy weather. Deciding he had waited enough, he started to move his legs so he could talk to Sehun about his choice of staying. He would face the consequences of his actions of making Lu Han worried so late. 

 

 


Before he could leave, he spotted a black book on his desk. 
 

 



Lu Han swallowed, he had never seen this before. He lifted his head and stared across the room at the opposite wall, confusion and distrust of this situation covered him up. Who would leave a book at his place and why? Chanyeol didn't read books and his parents never entered Lu Han's room since he told them not to. 

 



So the only person was....Sehun?
 

 


Why though? 

 




It oddly didn't matter anymore as if anything that could have belonged to Sehun soothed his aching heart. It didn't hurt because he was heartbroken; he was suffering because he locked all the affection and compliments reserved for Sehun in his heart. For the six month he knew him, everything was securely locked up.
 

 


He approached the book and curiously opened the first page. 
 

 


It was a school photo album.

 




He took a long shaky breath and had to force himself to find out what it was about. Why would Sehun leave a random photo album in his room? It didn't make sense. It ing didn't make sense. Lu Han turned and turned the pages with tears flowing down from his flushed cheeks. After one of the last pages- his hand froze. 

 

 



Slowly he went back to the previous page as his eyes widened. He reached down and grabbed the photo, freezing after he realized who that person was. All he could do was watching the apathetic face, the poor quality of the picture made it worse. 

 

 



Lu Han's chest pulled air in and pain stabbed his heart as he pressed the picture against his heart. He stumbled back against the wall and slid down to the floor. Pulling his legs up to his chest, trying to distract himself from the reality, the pain of knowing reality which was filling his entire mind.
 

 

 

 



"Sehuna....hyung is sorry..."




 

 

 



--

 

 



 

 



His feet stomped on the stairs up to the rooftop as he held in his other hand the umbrella. It was freezing still inside the building, numbing his hands and toes, even though he was wearing warm clothes. His drew his legs quicker and quicker up to be as fast as possible with him. 
 

 



He arrived, pushing the door open and inhaling the damp air. 
 

 



His nose was red from the cold as his eyes were bloodshot from the unexpected exposure.

 

 


Sehun was merely sitting in the middle as if the shattering rain wasn't bothering him. His back was facing the overwhelmed elder but he laughed for some reason out loud. It made Lu Han swallow instinctively and put a hand to his chest, clutching his heart. 

 

 

 



"Sehun I love you! I won't do anything to you! I swear! Don't be afraid!"

 

 

 

 

 


His heart was thrumming against his ribs and his throat had suddenly gone dry from screaming so loud, the chilly night air burning his lungs. 

 

 

 



"I'm yours Sehun! Please listen!"

 

 



Sehun's mouth fell open a bit on its own as his eyes were meeting with narrowed brown. He choked on his saliva as he stared back at Lu Han that was currently holding him in place with his passionate gaze. All of a sudden, his mouth was utterly dried out and his heart was pounding from anxiety.
 

 



He couldn't pull his eyes away from the sight of him.
 




"Forget what happened Sehun! I'll take care of you but you have to take care of me too! A relationship only works like that!"
 

 



Hearing the first word forget was the keyword for Sehun to get up and ran straight into his arms. For a brief moment, Lu Han felt his chest tighten and his throat blocking air before letting his umbrella go. He hugged Sehun back as there were about too many, countless feelings released in his chest and he didn't know if he could control them any longer. 

 




"Are you not scared?" Sehun whispered and feared that Lu Han from realization would run away.

 

 

 


"I'm not scared. How did that happened? Did that happen here? On the rooftop?" Lu Han asked him, not bothering to slow down so that Sehun could have time to think. His heart was racing so fast, too fast and Lu Han was sure that he was about to faint. 

 

 

 


"Yeah. Bullies...you know how that goes..." 
 

 



Lu Han couldn't see his face as his tears covered his vision but he could hear in Sehun's voice that he was smiling. 
 



Sehun was smiling, accepting that he was pushed down to his death. 

 



And that fifty-five years ago.

 



His picture from high school which was yet in black and white. 
 



His indifferent eyes, the faint smile.
 

 



He touched Lu Han's heart.
 

 

 

And he would keep it.



_____________________________________________________________________________________________



I don't know if you guys have noticed but the story is tagged as mystery and in the foreword it says 'angst' 

I BET YOU GUYS ALL IGNORED IT 



Sehun was pushed off the rooftop when he was 17 (1959) and died so now he is just a wandering ghost and let's pretend if he finds true love (Lu Han tehee) he becomes a human again.


Don't kill me I planned this story from the beginning like that.



Hope you guys still enjoyed it lol 


No seriously please tell me what you thought!

 


Here is the sequel 


bomi xoxo