Baby Don't Cry (人 的眼)

나비소녀 (Don't Go)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~April 10, 2012, California~

“ALI LIANG!” Eunji screamed once she entered their dorm, Eunji left China the day after EXO-M’s debut and was awake for 15 hours because she had to sit next to a creepy man that continuously made inappropriate comments to her, there were two screaming babies on the flight, and her best friend fled the country without warning, leaving her with a sad panda and a worrisome dragon. So … you could say Eunji was pissed. “ALI WAKE UP!” She said as she threw her bags on the floor. “ALI-“ Eunji started but was greeted by an empty room. “Where is she!” Eunji shouted in frustration as she slammed Ali’s door and went to her own room.
 
~ 3 Hours Earlier ~
“Tao… Wo… Ai…” Ali said in her sleep, Ali was in a deep slumber since she missed out on 20 hours of sleep. Now she was having a dream about how she wished his debut went. She wished that she was able to hug her best friend and congratulate him on his hard work, congratulate him on not giving up his dream, congratulate him on being able to rap at the speed of light in Chinese, and congratulate him on winning her heart. But now that was nothing but a dream. “… Ni.” Ali said as someone knocked on her dorms door interrupting her slumber. “Who is it?” Ali asked aggravated with the person waking her.
“It’s Evan, Did I wake you?”
“Yes.” Ali said bluntly as she opened the door.
“Oh… I’m sorry, it’s just that it’s 6 o’clock at night and I figured you’d be hungry.” Evan said sheepishly
“… If I would’ve stayed asleep I wouldn’t be hungry…”
“…”
“I’m sorry… that was rude… umm… give me a minute to get dressed… come in.” Ali said as she opened the door wider for Evan to enter. Thirty minutes later Ali emerged from her room freshly showered and simply dressed in black jeans with a tribal print shirt, with her hair in a ponytail. “Ready to go?” Ali asked a she stood beside the couch.
“Yup, where do you want to go?” Evan asked while looking at Ali in awe at her beauty.
“…Umm, I’m still a little sleepy so you can pick.”
Ten minutes later Ali and Evan found themselves at a pizza shop. After they ordered their pizzas the two started to talk about their likes and dislikes.
“Have you heard of Super Junior?” Evan asked as he finished the last of his pizza
“I have, but I haven’t listened to them yet.” Ali replied as Evan pulled of his phone
“Really?! I thought the whole world had heard sorry sorry!” Just as Evan was about to play the song Ali’s phone rang.
“ALI! Did you land safely?!” her mother asked worriedly over the phone.
“Yes mommy! Umm… sorry I forgot to call when I got to my dorm.”
“YOU SHOULD’VE CALLED WHEN YOU LANDED IN THE COUNTRY!”
“But mom, I was sleepy… and I fell asleep.” Ali said sheepishly
“… Ok Ali, Have you spoken to Tao?” her mother asked as she began to calm down
“No…”
“Why!”
“Because… his manager probably messed with his phone and blocked my number.”
“This is why you should’ve stayed here.”
“But mom… it… I couldn’t… can I call you later? I want to go back to sleep.”
“Ali Liang you can’t sleep your problems away… but call me once you’ve slept more.”
“Ok, Love you mommy, Bye bye.”
“I love you too, maybe you’ll come to your senses when you wake up, bye sweetie.”
As Ali ended the call a sigh left her lips, she hated lying to her mom, but she couldn’t talk about… him. Not right now, she felt drained at the mention of Tao’s name. Could she really move on so quickly from him?
“Is everything okay?” Evan asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter