If you give me just one day to be by your side

Best Moments in Life pt1: Just one day

Smart, handsome, nice guy; every girl´s dream boyfriend.
Even in his 16´s he "own" almost all of his school female student’s heart.
Every day, without any fail, a love note or love notes were lying on top of his shoes, inside his locker.

He sighs. At first it was flattering, but now he just wishes for a normal student´s life.
Of course, he had nothing against girls or girl’s confessing. It just piss him that he could not reply them properly and without making them cry.
"Why can´t I simply like her back?" He murmurs softly as he goes to the garden as the note says. I mean, some girls doesn´t really know me. Why do they like me?

Junhoe embrace Jungkook form the back and tilts his head a little to see the note. - "Garden? It´s the first time someone told you to go there right?"-Taking his silence as a yes he keeps reading the note. It seems like she is really in love with my bud. Ah? Is there no name in the note? - "Hey Kook, who is this time?"

Jungkook suddenly stops and stumble. - "Hyung"
"Tell me Kook"- Junhoe was surprised by the fact Jungkook was calling him Hyung, it was drop the formalities. That’s mean something bad ha-
"Yeri, it´s Yeri" - Jungkook says looking to the ground.
"Ah, it´s okay Jungkook-ah" Junhoe caresses his neck as he pats his friend. Sure I have a crush on Yeri since she was a trainee but it doesn´t mean I am going to hate the guy she likes or any guy that likes her, right?
Jungkook keep looking to the ground refusing to face Junhoe. "Hey Kook" Junhoe took him by his shoulders and turn him around. He could see in his eyes a mix of emotions: pity, guilt, fear and others.


Junhoe and he were friends since they were ten as they are neighbors. And now that both of them are idols, they depend of each other more than ever. His friendship got stronger, but as strong as it got, Jungkook fear a day like this comes and ruin their friendship. When the girl one likes, likes the other.
"Ahh" - Junhoe gulp as the sight of his friend. As heartbroken he is, he could see Jungkook is the same or even worse.


If she was any other girl Jungkook could simply refuse the confession in the nicest way he knew, but would Junhoe prefer to not break her heart and stay by her side for her sake?
As Junhoe could read his mind, he shakes Jungkook.
“Hey man, don´t put that face”- He smiles.-“I don´t want you to feel burden if you like her back or if you want to reject her”- he stops, hold him from his shoulder tighter and make him look into his eyes. - “We are friends and we promised ourselves to keep together no matter what”

Junhoe smile, as great it was his like for Yeri, his friendship was way more important.


Jungkook face his friend as the memories of the last 6 years pass in front of his eyes and for the first time Junhoe saw Jungkook crying.


 

“Ahh” - he sighs for nth time, surely he hates this part the worst. Seeing the girl say she is fine, but blinks later, tears run down her cheeks and before he can do anything she is out of his sight. - “Ahh, she is really nice, but my heart doesn´t beat for her. -sigh- How I will act near her the next time we cross paths in a presentation”
He pouts, rest his face in his hands and the elbows in the rail. He sighs once again and the sound of the door opening fill the silence on the rooftop. He didn´t need to turn around as he could tell who was from the sound of his steps.
“Here coffee”- Junhoe hands him a can- “How did it went?”
“Awful as always” – He let himself drop his weight on the rail.
“Auch and I like her”- Junhoe laughs as Jung kook’s face twists. - “Hey sure Yeri was just a crush, but men when it will be the day you will fall in love? I mean, I know it can hurt you, and maybe it bugs you. But I think if the girl you like likes you back, it feels awesome. Even if she doesn´t like you back, the adventure of being in love is awesome.”


“I don´t know” – He looks up as the sky turns into an orange color. - “Maybe one day I would feel what it is to be in love, or a heartbreak…”


 

“, I’m going late”- Jungkook runs to school with a toast in his hand. He was waiting for Junhoe to go together as always but he calls him telling his parents wanted him to help with the move of his cousins.

“I am fine with him not going, I have other friends to spend the day with, but couldn´t he tells me way before? Not 10 minutes before school. His house is just 5 minutes from mine. Aish this guy!”
“Gosh finally” – He arrives to his class before the teacher and lets his body collapse in the chair as he recovers his breathe.
A groups of handsome guys walks towards him laughing. All of them idols, they like to spend time together and the most important they could understand their style of life. Bambam, Yugyeom, Chanwoo, Junhoe, SeungKwan, Vernon and Dino are his closest friends aside from BTS.
“Junhoe?”- Dino asked, he was so used to see Jungkook and Junhoe coming together.
“Busy”- Chan woo reply and Jungkook look at him with curiosity. He looks back at Jungkook and smirk.

“We may look alike but your boyfriend isn´t cheating you. We had rehearsals till midnight, he told me about the move then”
Jungkook ignored the fact he call them a couple and assent with his head. “So where are we going?”

 


 

After 30 minutes of travel they finally arrive to Seoul International Business Academy, better known as SIBA. As SOPA is focus in arts, SIBA is focus in languages and international business.
Also the students behave different, while SOPA´s students were the typical Korean students; SIBA´s students were a lot more outgoing, friendly, open and loving. They have no fear to show their emotions and tell the way they feel. Totally like an American School.
“Wow, I should have come to this school, I mean, I wouldn´t have struggle with the hangul that much” –Vernon look amaze at the school structure.
“But you at numbers man”- Yugyeom laughs of him
“Yeah, even in the dorm when we taught him in English he couldn´t understand a thing!”- SeungKwang add.
“Yah!”- Vernon cheeks were turning a bright shade of red. “That´s not true! It´s because your English is that bad! I can understand everything when Joshua hyung teaches me”
“Tssk Vernon, I know you at numbers and you don´t what to everyone know it. So don´t worry we will keep it a secret”- BamBam wink.-”Also you are good at English”

“But that’s only because he was born in USA, if not in what he will be goo- Stop hitting me hyung!” Dino shout

“Then stop badmouthing about me!” Vernon head locked Dino.

“But the others were making fun too!” Dino try to reason with Vernon.

Chanwoo sigh and turn his head. –“Dino you are Korean but when you will understand? Hyungs will be always hyungs”. The rest of the guys laughs.



“Okay guys we are here to learn, not just to play” – Mr. Shin keep talking as the students ignored him. He look around to see that nobody was really paying attention, even his partners.


He walks to his bag and take out a megaphone. He takes a big breath and shouts.

“Students!” Hands cover their ears and throws glazes to their teacher.

“Now that you are paying attention hear the schedule. Now it is 9 am, the conference starts at 10:30. You have exactly one hour and a half before the conference start, but I would like to see you at 10. And by I would like to see you means that you have to be here by 10. You don´t want to see an angry Mr. Shin, right? ”- Everyone assent and Mr. Shin smile. - “Okay then see you in an hour, don´t vandalize the school. Have fun” Mr. Shin turn around and walk to his partners for a coffee.


“So were you want to hangout guys?”- Jungkook turn to them.
“The usual hangout?” – BamBam raise an eyebrow. The rest smile.
“To the usual hangout”- They reply.


 

“Ahh this is so peaceful”- Vernon stretch.
“So silent”- SeungKwang add.
“Too boring”- Dino make a tantrum and sit up. “I´m bored guys, should we do something?”
“Like what?”- Jungkook was too lazy to even open his eyes.
“A game?” - Dino propose again.
“Like cops and robbers?” – Chanwoo gave up and sit up with him too.
“How about hide and seek?” – BamBam sit up too.
“Yeah sounds great, and these school is big and new to us too. It will be fun.”- Yugyeom had already stand up and stretch himself.
“Yeah why not?” “I´m okay with it” “Well I was getting bored too”
“Okay”.- SeungKwang pull out some string of different lengths as the rest was pulling them and comparing their lengths.- “So the first one to search is…”

 

“Why do I even said it will be fun? If I knew I was going to be the first one to search, I would have say no. Agg” – Jungkook was almost pulling his hair out. “This school is freaking big, how I’m going to find them?” He keeps walking till he hears boy’s voices. They must be near.

He keeps walking until he hears the voices where just behind the wall. I will scare them; do they really think I can´t find them if they are laughing as loud as they are doing now? Tssk fools.

He jumped towards one of the boys."Yah, I’m not a fool, I will have eventually find you..... Guys?" He stops bugging the boy he jumped on and look at the others, they were nothing like his friends. He jumps off as the shame took over his body.

A giggle makes him look up. A lovely girl about 16 years was smiling to him. Her medium height, petite. With full bangs and aegyo sal decorating her chocolate orbs. Her hair was also chocolate and make contrast with her fair skin. She also had a really nice smile. "Are you looking for someone?" She says with her sweet voice.

Now Jungkook was even more ashamed and his face turn redder. “Yes, I´m looking for 6 guys, we were playing hide and seek..." After he said that he regrets it. Really? You had to say the part of Hide and Seek? She will think you are...

"Really!? It´s being a long time since the last time I play that. Can I join too?" She tilts her head waiting for his answer.

"Of-of course you can" Jungkook rub his neck and look sideways.

"It’s sounds childish but why not. Man can we join too?" Hanyeol, the guy Jungkook jump on, says.

"Sure why not" Jungkook smile at them.

"Hey, and who are you searching for?" A blonde guy with nerdy glasses said. Later he learned his name was Jeremy a UK exchange student.

“Mmm I searching for 6 guys, their names are BamBam, Yugyeom, Vernon, Chanwoo, Dino and SeungKwang"

"Those names sounds awfully familiar, your face too man, by the way what’s your name" Bojin a Chinese student says.

"Ahh, Sorry. Nice to meet you, my name is Jeon Jungkook,. Maybe they sound familiar because they are idols...” Jungkook just says.

"Idols?!" They shout.

"Man, you are Jeon Jungkook form BTS right?" Hanyeol turn to Jungkook for confirmation. Jungkook nod.

"Well we should have guess it from his uniform" Jenah a tall redhead girl says.

"Hey Jungkook, my name is Minah. The tall boy with black hair over there is Byunggyu; the blonde hair girl near Bojin is Irene and the girl with chocolate brown hair and full bangs is Sora. You know the rest of the name right?" Minah tilt her head and smile when he reassures her.

Jungkook keep looking at her. So Sora is her name, is pretty sweet. Sora too look toward his direction. She walks and put her hand in front of him. "Hey Jungkook shi, let’s get along”

Jungkook look at her hand and stretch it. Different from his mom hands, hers were softer and hers make his heart skips beat. "Yeah, let´s get along."


The rest of the morning they keep searching for the guys, and once they found them, they skipped the conference. They became close friends, the SIBA´s students gave them a tour for all the school. After the supposed conference they attend they decide to go out and eat together.

"Oh, I don’t think I will make it today" Sora look at them after she check the message she got. "Mianhe, my brother wants to spend time with me."

"You’re going to BigHit?" Jenah asked and Sora nods.

"Jungkook, don´t you have training today? Why don’t you accompany Sora?" Chanwoo nudge him

"Ahh yeah I forgot" Jungkook rubs his neck one more time. "Then should we go now?" Sora got on her feet and start walking.

"See you tomorrow guys, have fun!" Sora waved them a goodbye.

"You too!" Jeremy shout. "He mean with your brother" Hanyeol add.

Sora just giggle and keep walking. BigHit building was just a few streets down. In less than 10 minutes they were in the principal door.

"So what does your brother does?" Jungkook ask as he held the door for her.

"He, excuse me, Oppa yeah I just arrived" Sora picked up her cell and she bows sorry and goodbyes to Jung kook


"Oh maknae, you came early" Suga held his backpack and put it on the table.

"Yeah, I had a conference today" He walk to the dress room and change into his sweats.

"Oh Jungkook'ah I was just about to call you" V nudge him playfully

"Something happened V?"

"I don’t think it is really important but Jimin says his sister just return from USA and wants us to meet her. Did you know he had a sister?"

"Yeah, he once told me, I think he said she was a younger sister"

“That mean everyone have a chance with her" Rapmon join the conversation. He raises both of his eyebrows and laugh

"RapMon behave yourself, would you like someone talk like that of your sister?" J-hope glare him

Rapmonster straight himself as he thought of his younger sister. "Of course not!"

"Then behave" Jin repeat J-hope´s words.

The sound of the door opening full the practice room. "Can you guys come here?"


Jimin open the door just enough for his body to pass, and then he closed it before anyone catch a glimpse of his sister.

He smiles proudly, as far as they known him he was the person that loved his sister the most. Even more than his parents. Once his parents came to talk of Jimin, he was sending all his money for her sister. Even she refuses it, Jimin keep depositing from his parents account. Later she returned it, it was time for him to think in himself too.

"Guys, today I’m going to present you one of the most important person in my life I would like you to think of her as one of your sister too. She is really precious to me and the last thing I want is to see her getting hurt. Especially you hyung, behave yourself!" Jimin point to Rapmon.

"Yah Jimin show respect to your elder. And I know it, it’s the third time in the day someone tell me to behave." Rapmonster pout and cross his arm before his chest.

"I was just being careful"Jimin held the knob of the door and turn one more time to his friends. "Ready? Dongsaeng I introduce you my friends"


"Sora?" When Jimin open the door Jungkook expect anyone but her. What were the odds? Just as the time stop, he could only see her, smiling. Maybe this is what he was waiting for.

"Hi Jungkook shi" Sora waved her hand and Jimin look her with a confused glare.

"It isn’t strange if you knew him but how he knows you Sora ah?"

"Didn’t I tell you oppa? I met some idols at my first day of school. Jungkook shi is one of them"

"Well Jungkook ruined the presentation" he moved his head "Guys, she is my wonderful, smart and beautiful sister Park Sora. As wonderful, smart and beautiful as her brother" Sora playfully hit him for his cheesiness.

Jin walk to her and pull out his hand "Hi I’m Seokjin, you can call me like that or Jin or simply oppa" Sora nods and blushed a little.

Jin raise one eyebrow and gave her a killer smile.

Then Suga stand up and checked her. “You look nothing like Jimin" He says as he walks around her. Sora tries to follow him with her eyes. Suga stop right in front of her and lower his head until he is just centimeters away from her face "I mean you are pretty and Jimin is ugly" Jimin hit him a push him away "Don’t flirt with my sister" Sora laughs at Suga´s surprise face. He also joins her once he saw her reaction.

J-hope stand and walk to her. He smiles, not with the usual bright aura, more like his "cool" aura and bow to her. She immediately did the same. "Hoseok, but my stage name is J-hope, call me like you want" He smile again and return to his sit.

Rapmonster was in bad mood but he couldn’t blame it on her, mostly because she looks so pure and cute in his eyes. He walks to her, tripping in the process of it and getting a hold of her bag, ripping it.

"Sorry sorry, I didn’t mean it. I will buy you one new. No! I will buy you two new bags, is t alright Sora shi?" Instead of the crying or the angry face he was expecting he saw a laughing hard Sora.

"Oppa, your forehead is red and you are worried about my bag?" She giggles and Rapmonster turn red of embarrassment. She got in knees as she inspects his forehead. She did the same thing Jimin did to her when she was a kid. She gave a peck on his forehead and put a bandit on it.

"Okay! Pray that it doesn’t leave a mark on your handsome face oppa “She smile and return to the side of a mouth gape Jimin. She turns to him and closes his mouth. "You will end eating flies’ oppa"

While Jimin was explaining to Sora she couldn’t show that kind of acts to the boy, V was already behind Sora giving her a back hug " Sora, right? How old are you? Where you study? You are used to skin ship because you study abroad, right? Do you like BTS? What’s your favorite song? “Sora´s head was spinning for the questions and how fast V could talk. Jimin make him let go her and repeat the questions for her but this time slowly.

” Yes I’m Park Sora, I am 17 years old. I study at SIBA and yes I’m used to skin ship, also because oppa like it" Sora turns to look him with a sweet smile, the rest with disgust gaze. " About BTS I really you all and the music. For my favorite song it must be Raising of Bangtang. It’s really cool!" She held her thumbs up. " any other question Vshi?"

"No there isn’t" Jimin reply for him

"Well we already met before" Jungkook stands and looks into her eyes.

"Yeah, nice to meet you Jungkook shi. Take care of me" Sora stech his hand once again. Jungkook look at their hands and then again into her eyes.

"No, please take care of me noona" Jungkook smile to her.



After that day Sora goes to the practice room after classes. When Jungkook goes to class he walks with her. If not Jin or Suga picks her.

"Hyung" After practice Jungkook called Jin, he wanted an advice from him

"So what you wanted to talk about?" Jin eat a spoonful of his ox bone soup

"I heard from the hyungs that you were..." Jungkook didn´t know how to end the sentence without making Jin feel bad

"Rejected?" Jin raise his eyebrows and Jungkook nods slow

"I didn´t confess, but she kind of reject me. Even before I could say something she was thanking me for being a good big brother. How can I say something when she tells me something like that?" He turns to see Jungkook "Hey but if you like her go for her, I was way too late and I tried to confess when she started seeing me as a brother. And don´t worry even if you end up being with her I will still be by your side." Jungkook smiles and Jin took a slip of his soup. "And by hers too!"

They laughed and Jin helped Jungkook with his confession. Jin knew a lot of things of Soar as they spent time together.



 

 

Sora walked to her locker and opens it. She is surprised to see gifts in there. She turns around to see the one who did it. There was no one as it was Saturday and was 4pm. The students were all at home; still she knew “he” was there. She took slowly gifts and put them over her locker.

She supports her back against the locker and check the area again. Still no one. She sighs

"Hi..." She starts talking. If there was anyone in the building they will probably think she was crazy. But he knows she was talking to him, he knew that she knew about him being there.

" You know, thank you for the presents, but I can´t accept them. I don´t know who you are. If you come here, I can give you a proper answer, is it okay?" Silence, she waited but nobody came. She fixes her throats as she prepares herself to talk to that mysterious guy for the last time. At least for that day. " Well thank you for this, and sorry." She heads to the school door, but not before looking back.

 

 

He leans on the wall, crunching the note he was supposed to recite her. He just lost an opportunity to confess correctly his love; as he will lose many of them for not being brave enough. That "if" that hurt him every time he wants to do something. That "if" that haven´t appear before, that "if" that came when he fell in love, that came with her.

As he did know, he had lots of opportunities to confessed; between the BTS members he was the one that spend most time with her, the one that has most similarities and likes. He was holding himself.

And it hurt him when he knew that one of s, the one that apparently approached to her the least; was the one who won her heart. J-Hope was the piece that fit perfectly with her.

He hated himself for not being able to confess. He wished he could have had enough courage to confess, that way he would not carry that secret around and it would hurt him less every time he sees them together.

He hid himself deep, the others didn´t notice or it seems like this. Being under depression, stress of being and singer, and the pressure of the mass was the worst for him. He couldn´t endure it, not alone.

 

"Jungkook" Suga whispered, and turned the lights on. Jungkook was lying on his bed, with his earphones but no music. Suga taught him to do this if he didn´t wanted to be disturb but this was an emergency.

As much as the others were affect, Jungkook was the worst. "Hey Kook ah. I know this hurts you, I am a little bit hurt too. But don´t you think J-hope and Sora will feel worse if they see you like this? Even before they were dating J-Hope was fighting with himself; one part told him to stay happy with his brothers, the other told him to reach his own happiness too." -He took a deep breath and pat Jung kook’s shoulder. - "And our task as his friend is to help him to reach his happiness. Don´t you think so?"

Our task as his friends is to help him reach his happiness. Those words echoed in Jungkook head and the little pushes Jun hoe gave him in all his life. As well his others friend’s pushes. What if they used to like a girl that confessed to me? Still they were by my side. They understood my reasons to reject them. Even Jun hoe, who like Yeri for almost two years, stayed by my side, and didn´t got angry when I told him I like Sora. “That´s what a real friend does" He said when realization hit him.

Suga smile and lift him. "Let´s go to my paradise!"


Suga brought Jungkook to his music studio.

"What you gotta do is write in here whatever you want, a song, phrases, anything, okay? I will bring us drinks," He went out and Jungkook leans to the paper sheet. He knew exactly what to write

 

♪ If only I had just one day to be yours

I want to peacefully fall asleep intoxicated with your sweet scent

If there’s a chance in my busy schedule

I want to put my body in your warm and deep eyes

I like that, your long, straight hair

Your breathtaking neck when you put it up and the strands that fall out

Wherever we go, my handbag is your waist

Yo my Bunny, whenever I see you, I run out of breath

Like the streets of Myungdong, our BGM is the sound of breathing

Your voice when you say my name (Kookie-ah!)

I wanna be locked in you and swim in you, I want to know you more

An explorer venturing through your deep forest of mystery

I appreciate the masterpiece that is you because your existence alone is art

I imagine this all night, every day, because it’s a meaningless dream anyway

Can you please stay with me? ♫

 

"Wow, that´s nice" Suga have been reading from Jungkook shoulder. He frowned a little at the sad ending and then he hugged him. Jungkook cried for a while, even though he knew what he was feeling, pouring it was another level. Realizing what he feels, taking them out and letting other people look at them was hard.

When he felt better he released from the hug and cleaned his face.

"Thank you, I feel better" Jungkook says softly but for the first time in days, he smiled for real. Suga also felt better when he saw his smile.

"Jungkook, if you don´t mind. Why don´t we make this song part of our album? We talk about teenager’s love stories and yours really touch my heart. But well only if you accept it"

Suga was praying he accept it, it was the maknae´s creation and it was really good. Jungkook thought for a second.

Maybe this song can make someone else happy or better, or they can have compared their first love with his but..

"Can we change it?" A smile light Suga´s face "Of course maknae, we can. We can add some raps, and the chorus is good, just something here and there..."

The two boys spend all the day re-arranging the song and of course it made it to be part of their album.


 

One month later they were shooting "Just One Day" MV, a love song about an idol dating a normal girl. The things he would give and do to her if he had "just one day".

They boys were goofing around when she appears.

As beautiful as ever He surely moved on, but he couldn´t deny; she was his first love and no matter what, he would always remember her in a very special way.

She runs to J-Hope and give him a peck on the cheek and some sweets. Then everybody jumps over J-Hope to steal the sweets. Sora and Jungkook look from afar their hyung /oppas silliness. They laugh a lot.

I missed it, being natural with you She look into his eyes and tilt her head. "What Kookie? Do you want some?" She reaches some chocolates but he just rejects them and keep watching the boys killing their selfs

He walks to her and back hug her. She was startled for a moment but she was relieved once she knew it was Jungkook. He rests his head in her shoulders and breathe her sweet scene.

"Sora-ah, thank you" He whispers and she smiles as a reply

 

Thanks for being part of my life and teaching me what is love and courage. I promise you that the next time I fall in love I will have strength. I will fight for that love, even if it just last one day, it´ll worth it. I will risk everything to protect her and the ones I love. Thank you, and I will let you go...