Final

What Do I Do With My Heart?

Chen stood in the mirror, trying to fix his suit. In an hour, he and his boyfriend Lay, is going to meet in a restaurant to celebrate their third anniversary. It should be a happy occasion but for some reason, Chen feel like it wouldn't be.

 

For the past few weeks, Lay has been so distant that sometimes Chen thinks that he became a burden to his boyfriend. He barely call Chen and they barely even meet. The only time they can meet is when they are at school. But most of the time, Lay would excuse himself from being together with Chen. Suffice to say, Lay is being cold. So cold that their relationship is slowly falling apart.

 

He grabbed his phone and car keys and head outside. It was a cold evening and there's not much stars in the sky. It looks like the sky knows what Chen is feeling. He get on his car, start the engine and drive.

Chen arrived at the restaurant earlier. The waitress smiled at him and asks if he had reservation.

"Yes. Under the name of Zhang Yixing." He said.

"Okay. Follow me sir." The waitress started walking, leading Chen in a more secluded (less people) place. He assumes that it is one of the vip areas.

"Here we are sir." The waitress said as she pulled a chair, gesturing Chen to sit. "Would you like anything sir?

"A glass of water. Thank you."

The waitress nods and leave to get his water and soon, he is drinking that water.

Not long after, he sees a familiar figure walking towards his table. He tried to avert his gaze but he was so strucked because Lay is damn perfect in every way. Lay smiled at him and sits across him. He frowned because Lay doesn't looked like he's even bothered that they are in the verge of breaking up.

Lay order for them. While waiting for their food, they had a light conversation. Then the food arrived.

"I have something to say, Chen." Lay said coldly.

Chen stiffen, "I also have something to say, but, let's eat first." He said as he starts eating.

"Okay." Lay said as he munch on his food too.

During the meal, no one dared to talk. The atmosphere is so thick and you know there's something wrong.

Lay was the first one to break the silence after they finished the food.

"So, about earlier... I wanted to.."

"I know what you want to say, you don't have to say a word." Chen cut him off. "I'm not dumb Lay. I can see it in your eyes. You've gone cold. You're always avoiding me. I know you don't want to be in this relationship anymore." Lay's face turned into a frown. Chen wanted to caress it but he's busy mustering his courage to talk and to fight back the tears that are slowly going to fall any minute. 'I can hold back my tears and try to be strong, while our love is falling apart' he told himself. "If you're breaking up with me, I'm going to respect your decision because I know I can't change your mind. I know I will be left behind but at least, one of us will be happy." He wanted to cry but he don't want Lay to see him breakdown so he continued, "Go on, I won't hold you back if you need to make a new start." Chen bit his lip, he really wanted to go so that he can cry but he can't. He still have some words to say. "But there's one thing I really need to know, did you even loved me in those three years that we're together?"

"Of course Chen. I have loved you but then.. I messed up and I'm really sorry." 

 

Three years ago, Chen and Lay were always together, cuddling. You can hear the giggling and laughter that would erupt whenever someone would tell a joke. They were so happy that they started making plans for the two of them.

"Hey baby." Lay called his lover, who hummed in response. "Where do you think you are five years from now?"

"In your arms." Chen laugh. "Just kidding. I'll probably be singing on stage. Yep, I'm going to be a singer. And of course, we will be married after our graduation. We will moved to a new house and lived together." Chen wiggle his eyebrows at his boyfriend which earns him a kiss in the lips.

"You have high hopes." Lay kisses his nose, "And I love you for that." Then he kiss him in the lips again.

 

"I know you found somebody else who loves you better, but I'm telling you, no one can ever love you the way I do." That was his last words as he stood up and leave Lay.

 

Chen went back to his house, straight to his room. He loosen his tie and sit on his bed. He saw the picture in his desk, it was him and Lay, and that's when he let go, he cried and cried until his head hurt.

"Why didn't I asked him to stay?! Why didn't I asked if he still love me?! I'm so stupid! Why didn't I fight for the one I love?! What will I do when I miss him?!" Chen shouted. But then he remembered, he was the one who officially break their relationship.

 

That night, he went to bed with an aching head and heart, hoping that the next day, he wouldn't feel any pain.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, that's a very messed up ending. I'm really sorry!

I hope you enjoyed this short fic. ;)

Thank you!