3/3

The Forest Demon

{>} Dancing - Elisa 


He put on his sweater and cap, followed by his gloves and the white mask on his face that covers the left half of his face. He glanced at his mirror one more time, now satisfied. He grabbed his bag and went outside of his house and the villagers welcomed him.

“Good morning Jongin!” one of the elder men said. Jongin gave him a smile. “Good morning too ahjussi.” He said and went to the man. “How’s the crops?” Jongin asked.

The old man smiled and nodded his head while talking. “Very good. The spirits must’ve blessed us so much. The crops are really doing fine and it is enough to feed the whole village.” Jongin nodded at this. “That’s good to hear ahjussi.” He said. “Let’s go now?” The older man nodded his head before patting the younger man’s back. “Let’s go.”

The both of them went to the older man’s truck.

“Have a save trip!” one old woman said to the both of them. Jongin turned his head to look at the old woman and smiled. “Yes we will ahjumma.” He said and the old man started the engine and went off.

It has been a year since the incident in the village happened…and it has been 8 months since Jongin disguised himself as a human and lived in the village instead.

The villagers thankfully rose up from the huge fire that every part of the village. The families mourned in their lost love ones while the survivors tried as much as possible to bring back the life they used to have.

And Kyungsoo belongs to them.

“We’re here!” the old man said. He stopped the truck under one of the trees and opened the door. Jongin did the same and hopped of the truck. He smiled at the view.

The smile was shining brightly as if it were smiling at the crops that were being harvested by the villagers.

“The crops were really healthy.” The old man said that made Jongin nod. He silently thanked the white spirits of the forest for granting his wish and making the village rise up from the tragedy they went through a year ago.

“Let’s go harvest them now ahjussi.” Jongin said and led the way. The old man followed him behind with a bright smile on his face.

Jongin first dropped his bag to a cottage located under a tree, near the crops. This is where the farmers gather and take a break after a long day of work. Jongin saw many bags piled in the table and grinned. He placed his bag next to the bag of the love of his life.

Kyungsoo.

He first took his hat from the bag to protect him from the heat of the sun and wore it before walking happily towards the working area. He grabbed a hook first before scanning the area and he grinned when he found what – or who – he was looking for.

Kyungsoo.

He happily but carefully skipped through the muddy path towards his love. When he arrived beside him, he started working, but his gaze was focus on the boy beside him.

He looks so cute in those big farmer clothes and hat. Jongin thought.

Kyungsoo felt someone staring at him and turned to glare at the boy beside him. Jongin quickly turned his head to the crops, pretending that he’s working. Kyungsoo sighed.

“Why are you here?” Kyungsoo asked, obviously annoyed.

Jongin looked at him and pointed at himself. “Me?” he asked and Kyungsoo nodded annoyingly. “There are so many spaces here in the field and yet you’re here. Go away.” He said and continued working. Jongin felt hurt at his words but decided to ignore it. “But I like it here. I feel more inspired working beside you.” He said.

Kyungsoo turned to glare at him again and this time he pointed his hook at Jongin, threatening to kill him with it. “I don’t like you here. Go.” He said, still pointing the hook at Jongin. Jongin blinked at him and laughed. “I know you can’t do that.” He said and held the hook away from him. “You’re an angel. Angels don’t kill.” He said. Kyungsoo sighed annoyingly. “I already said I’m not an angel!” he said.

“Okay okay, you can say that.” Jongin chuckled at Kyungsoo annoyed expression. “But still, you’re an angel for me.” He said and ran away, leaving Kyungsoo with his wide eyes. “I hate that kid.” He muttered, staring at Jongin’s retreating figure. He saw him walk towards the old man earlier and then he preceded working with him. Kyungsoo shook his head and continued working again.

Why does that kid always annoy me every time I see him? Tsk.

“Where were you young man?” the old man asked Jongin. Jongin grinned at him.

“I just went to get some inspiration to work.” He said that made the old man chuckle. “Aigoo, teenagers these days.” He said and it’s Jongin’s turn to chuckle.

“Is the inspiration you’re saying is the young man over there?” the old man asked and pointed at Kyungsoo. Jongin followed the man’s gaze and smiled when he saw that it was Kyungsoo he was pointing.

“Yes, he is.” Jongin smiled.

“The demon thanked us.” Krystal said.

“Ya, he has a name okay? It’s Jongin.” Sulli pouted. Krystal rolled her eyes and sighed. “Whatever.” She said and walked towards a dead flower. Krystal touched it and sparks with white light immediately danced around it that made the flower bloom alive again.

She sighed after.

“Aish. I don’t even know why we’re helping that demon.”

“Jongin.” Sulli corrected. “It’s because he was sincere.”

“He’s a demon! They shouldn’t be trusted.” Krystal insisted and Sulli shook her head. “You know us white spirits of the forest can see if a creature is lying or not, if they’re sincere or not. I saw it Krystal. He’s slowly changing.” She said, smiling brightly.

“Why don’t you just accept that she’s right, Krystal?” Luna, one of the white spirits said.

“Yeah. You’re wrong anyway.” Amber, one of them, said while resting on a rock, her gaze on the leaves that filters the sun’s rays beautifully.

“Shut up Amber. Aish. Whatever.” Krystal said and walked out.

“She’s so stubborn, isn’t she?” Victoria, one of their friends, butted in. The other three nodded.

“Why are you following me?” Kyungsoo asked to the man behind him while speeding up his walk. Jongin walked in normal steps, knowing that he’ll still catch up on Kyungsoo anytime.

“I just want to give you this bottle of water, I bet you’re thirsty!” Jongin said, grinning. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “I have my own, no thanks.” He said, not even trying to look at Jongin. Instead of surrendering, Jongin still smiled and followed Kyungsoo. “What about food? I’ll get you some…”

Kyungsoo turned around, obviously annoyed at him. “Can you please shut up and stop following me?” he said and rolled his eyes. “Why do you always annoy me? Can you just please distance yourself from me? You know what personal space is, right?” he said. Jongin blinked.

“But, I’m not invading your personal space. I’m just following you.”

“That’s still the same!” Kyungsoo said.

Jongin smirked and walked towards Kyungsoo. “No, it’s not.” He said while still walking. Kyungsoo noticed this and raised his eyebrow. “And what are you trying to say?” he asked, mode on.

Jongin leaned in dangerously at Kyungsoo and this made the latter take a step back. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened at how close Jongin was at him he can almost kiss him if he was going to lean in a bit…

“That is not called invading personal space. This is.” Jongin whispered in a low voice that sent shivers in Kyungsoo’s spine. He became momentarily lost at Jongin’s eyes (well, eye, for that because he’s wearing a mask that’s covering the other half of his face) and he realized this after a few milliseconds.

“What are you doing?!” Kyungsoo shrieked and pushed Jongin. The latter laughed at him.

“Whatever. Just please…don’t follow me and talk to me anymore!” Kyungsoo said and walked towards the cottage.

Jongin’s heart dropped at Kyungsoo’s statement but instead he smiled at himself and shook his head. He already went this far, he’s not going to back out. He’s satisfied with Kyungsoo beside him but he’s not going to stop asking Kyungsoo as his friend.

Even though it’s only being friends that he can offer.

{FLASHBACK}

It has been months since that incident happened and Jongin doesn’t want to come back to his home.

If that’s even called a home.

He was so angry at them, especially his father, and he doesn’t want to face them again because he’s afraid of what he can do and what they can do to him. So instead of returning home, he stayed at the half part of the forest with the white spirits.

Some of them had been nice and some of them were still alert and cautious around him. He’s a demon after all.

He visits the village sometimes and his heart sinks whenever he goes there. The village is still on its poor state. The villagers don’t have anything anymore. They had rebuilt their houses but it’s not the same anymore. They don’t have sources of food because they refused to go hunting anymore after the incident. Kyungsoo was the one who announced that they should stop hunting because the demons of the forest were angry and they were the one who did that to their village. They’re only eating what was left before the incident. Some of them were already getting sick. There was no one to help them.

What made Jongin sad even more was Kyungsoo. He became more distant to people and he barely goes out of Jongdae’s house. Jongdae had asked Kyungsoo to live with them for he knows that it’s still painful for his cousin to live in their house because of the memories of his parents that will haunt him there. He barely eats that he became skinny and Jongin always hears him crying himself to sleep at night. He even had nightmares and it’s tugging Jongin’s heart painfully. He badly wants to comfort Kyungsoo but of course, he can’t.

So, he thought of a way where he can help the villagers and Kyungsoo.

Screw nervousness. Screw fear.  Screw pride. He’s going to do this for Kyungsoo…and the villagers.

“What can we do for you, Jongin?” Sulli smiled at the demon whose now gaze are looking at the ground. Krystal was glaring at him from behind of Sulli, her arms crossed on her chest.

“I would like to ask i-if…if y-you could help the villagers?” Jongin asked, nervous. This is the first time he had ever done this and he bets his father won’t approve on this.

He’s asking help from the white spirits.

A demon asking from them?

Wow.

“What kind of help?” Sulli asked, amused from Jongin’s shy expression.

“W-well…” Jongin first cleared his throat and tried to look cool as possible by looking up at Sulli. “The villagers are having a hard time move on and rise from the damage that had been done by you know…uhm…the demons. I-I want to ask i-if…you know…there’s any way that you spirits can help them?” Jongin asked, mentally face palming himself for stuttering in a few words.

Krystal raised her brow. “Creatures like you were the one who did that so why are you asking for help from us? That’s ridiculous.” She said that made Jongin look on the ground.

Well, she’s right.

Sulli turned to glare at Krystal and turned to smile at Jongin again. “Don’t mind her Jongin.” Sulli said. Krystal opened to say something only to close it when Sulli sent a glare at her.

“Well…I guess she’s right. It’s my family who did that and yet…I’m here, asking help from the enemy of my family. I guess…I’ll be going now.” Jongin said and bowed that made Krystal’s jaw dropped.

Wow. Demons know respect?

Sulli saw Krystal’s expression and smirked.

“I told you so.”

Krystal rolled her eyes.

“I know a way we can help, demon.” A goddess voice like said.

The three of them – Jongin, Krystal and Sulli – turned their heads towards the direction of the voice and found the goddess of the forest. She was wearing a long dress that was pure as white and a flower crown on her head. Little white lights float around her and she’s glowing.

She’s really beautiful. Jongin thought.

Krystal and Sulli bowed their head at her and the goddess smiled at them.

The goddess turned her head towards Jongin and the demon blinked. He immediately bowed that made the goddess smile. “For a demon, you’re quite different.” She said. Krystal muttered an “I know right” behind Sulli that caused a glare from the latter. Krystal only rolled her eyes.

The goddess approached Jongin and as she walks, the white aura and the little white lights that float around seemed to follow her. “I’ll help you demon.”

Jongin was taken aback at her words. A white goddess like her will help me? Is this real? Am I even dreaming?

“R-Really? Y-You would help m-me?” Jongin stuttered. The goddess’ presence was intimidating and calming at the same time. She smiled and nodded her head once. “Yes.”

“But why? Why did you agreed to help me just like that? I’m…well, my family is your enemy, you know. I didn’t expect that.” Jongin confessed, rubbing his nape. The goddess smiled and turned her head to Sulli. “Just like what Sulli sees, I see something different on you, demon. And your brother as well.”

Jongin’s eyes widened at the mention of his brother’s name. “T-Taemin?”

The goddess nodded. “Yes. There’s something in your heart despite of darkness. It’s hidden, that’s why creatures only see darkness in you and…I want to pull that out of you so that the darkness will completely vanish.” She said, leaving Jongin confused.

“I-I don’t understand.” He said, his gaze falling on the ground.

The goddess chuckled. “You’ll see. That’s why I’m here to help, demon.”

Jongin looked up and smiled. “Thank you.” He said and bowed that made Krystal gasped. That demon is really something. She thought.

“We have been helping the villagers since centuries ago by giving them animals that they can kill as a source of their food and income in this forest. We wouldn’t hesitate to help them again now because they always take good care of this forest.” The goddess said and Jongin bowed his head once more with a smile on his face.

The white spirits told Jongin that there is a land near the village that has crops that can help them rise from their hopeless state. The white spirits promised that they will continue to nurture the land and make the crops grow healthy for the villager’s source of food and income.

“I hope this will help. You can tell them now.” The goddess said.

Jongin’s eyes widened. “M-Me? I’m the one who’s going to tell them about it?”

“Of course. You’re the one who asked for help anyway.”

Jongin hung his head low. “B-But…they can’t see me like this. They’ll get scared.”

The goddess smiled and placed a hand on Jongin’s shoulder that made him jump a little. He looked up and met eyes with her. “You can always disguise, right?” the goddess pulled something at Jongin’s back and held it in front of him.

It was the mask that Jongin picked up at Kyungsoo’s house that night.

“I think this mask is meant for you.” She said. She looked at Jongin and placed it on his face. The mask only covered the left half part of Jongin’s face. “Look, only the right side was burned and it covers the demon in you. You can use this.” The goddess said.

Jongin looked at her and smiled.

He bowed.

“Thank you. Thank you so much.”

That night, he stole a sweater from a villager and a hat that were hanging outside after getting washed, hoping that he won’t be noticed. He stole a pant too. He immediately ran towards the forest, at the river, after that and wore them. He looked at his reflection at the river but there was still one part missing to be covered. His left hand.

Cracks can still be seen from his left hand and he ran towards the village again. He scanned the rooms, hoping for a thing that can cover his hand. Thankfully the villagers were already asleep and he’s not noticed.

Gloves that were hanging on an alambre outside of a house caught his attention and he grinned.

That’s perfect. He thought.

He quickly stole it and ran to the forest again. After wearing it, he looked at himself again at the river and was satisfied. He can always say the he has a disease on his neck to cover up the cracks on it. He stared one more time before smiling.

During the morning, Jongin made an appearance to the villagers. He announced that he was a rich man and he was willing to help the villagers rise from what happened to them. Some of the villagers thought he was crazy because he was only wearing a plain poor man’s clothes and a mask but he didn’t notice that. He said that he has a huge land of crops that he wants to give to the villagers as a source of food and income. The villagers gasped happily, even the ones who didn’t believe him at first, and they went to thank Jongin.

“By the way, my name is Jongin. You can follow me to see that what I’ve said is real.” He said and started walking. He went to an old man and the man looked up at Jongin. “May I borrow your truck?” he said, pointing at the truck on the old man’s house. He had been observing the village too much to know who’s the villager is living in this house or that house.

The old man nodded and Jongin smiled and bowed. “Thank you.”

The old man went to the driver’s seat while Jongin to the other side. The villagers who believed him went to the back and sat there. The truck roared to life and left, going to the land that Jongin said.

“Is he really real?” Jongdae asked, whispering at his cousin’s ear.

Kyungsoo was still glaring at the retreating figure of the truck and shook his head. “No.” he said.

He feels that something is not right with that Jongin man or whatever. He feels that there’s something about him. He just appeared like that to them to tell that he’s going to help them. He also said that he’s a rich man and yet he’s wearing a poor man’s cloth and a mask that he thinks he just stole from someone.

How was he supposed to believe him and not be suspicious?

“Really? You think so? I bet he’s nice.” Jongdae said. Kyungsoo turned to glare at him. “I don’t like him. People are so stupid to believe him.” He said and went to the house.

Jongdae blinked and scratched his head.

Kyungsoo was wrong after all.

Jongin really did give the huge land to the villagers. It was full of different crops, from corns to wheat that can be a source of food and income. The villagers’ jaws dropped when they saw how huge it was.

“M-Mister…y-you’re really g-giving this to u-us?” the old man stuttered when he realized how rich this man could be if really owns it. He was one of those didn’t believe him earlier.

Jongin nodded with a smile playing on his lips. “Yes.” He said. “If this is going to help you then please, take it.”

The old man nodded along with the villagers. “Of course! We’re going to accept it.”

Jongin smiled at them.

They all went back to the village and announced a meeting.

“This man named Jongin helped us a lot by giving a huge land of crops to us. All he asked for was a place to stay here in our village. What do you think?” the old man said to his co-villagers.

All of them looked at each other and whispered. An old woman took a step forward and spoke, “Where do you want to stay here young man?” she said. Jongin’s eyes widened a bit at her kindness and smiled. He scanned the area and his gaze stopped at Kyungsoo’s former house.

He pointed at it. “I think no one lives there anymore, right?” Jongin said. The villagers followed where he was pointing at. The old woman nodded with a smile. “Yes mister. That was the former house of the greatest hunter here in our village. But both of him and his wife died when the fire incident happened.” She said. “They have a son. His name is Kyungsoo—“

“And I won’t let you live in that house.” A young voice said and the villagers, including Jongin, turned their heads towards the voice. He was at the second floor of Jongdae’s house, looking through the opened windows. His chin was rested on his palm and his elbow on the windowsill with a serious expression on his face.

Kyungsoo glared at Jongin who was heart is beating so fast right now seeing the love of his life.

Kyungsoo straightened up and disappeared. He appeared again after a few seconds, walking outside the house. He walked towards Jongin and all of the villagers’ gazes were on him. He didn’t break the staring contest he had with Jongin and it’s making Jongin sweat and nervous.

“You want that house?” Kyungsoo said. Jongin just nodded, completely speechless that the love of his life is talking to him right now. Kyungsoo smirked. “No. I won’t let you. How can we trust a masked man like you?” He then turned to the villagers and glared at them. “How can you just trust a masked man like him telling that he’s rich and will give a wide land full of crops if he’s just wearing a poor man’s cloth? He should be wearing something elegant or whatsoever if he’s truly rich, right?”

Jongin opened his mouth to say something but Kyungsoo turned to glare at him again that made him close his mouth again.

“How can we trust you? Why are you wearing a mask? What’s your purpose here? Are you really here to help us?” Kyungsoo asked.

Jongin took a deep breath.

I’m sorry if I’m going to lie.

“You can trust me.” Jongin started. “I’m a man on a journey. I don’t have permanent home because I always travel. Through those years of traveling, I managed to buy that land that I showed to all of you but I don’t know what to do with that anymore.” He took a deep breath again and looked directly at Kyungsoo’s eyes that were filled with hatred. His heart sank when he saw it but continued anyway, “I found out what happened to this village and decided to help and give my property because I think you need it.”

He then pointed at the mask he’s wearing, “I wear this because I have a disease.” He raised his gloved hand and looked at it. “It is a disease that should be covered…that’s why.” He then looked at Kyungsoo who seemed to calm now. “I’m sorry if what I wear freaked you out.” He said with a soft voice.

“Look Kyungsoo, he just wants to help. He’s nice afteral—“

“Believe what you like. I’m not trusting him.” Kyungsoo said, still glaring at Jongin before turning around and walking towards Jongdae’s house. He entered in and slammed the door shut.

Jongin bit his lower lip.

“We’re sorry for his attitude. He became rude like that since his parents died.”

I know.

That night, Jongin still stayed at Kyungsoo’s former house and Kyungsoo seemed to notice this. When Kyungsoo was walking towards his former house to check it out, he saw the lights on and grew alarm.

Is that a burglar? Maybe not. Jongdae? No, he’s at home. Psycho killer? A demon? Ghost? A villager?

He slowly opened the door and peeked.

There’s no one.

Kyungsoo scanned the area. The villagers did everything to redo this house and he was thankful for that. Even though it’s not the same anymore – the walls were not painted and there are still woods peeking out – it’s still his home.

He slowly went upstairs and peeked to his room and saw a back of someone.

Jongin was about to remove his mask when he felt that there’s someone watching him. He quickly turned around and saw Kyungsoo glaring at him.

“What are you doing? Haven’t I told you that I won’t let you have this?” Kyungsoo said while his arms are crossed.

Jongin smiled while his heart fluttered at Kyungsoo’s presence. Even though he looks so angry right now, he still looks beautiful in Jongin’s eyes.

“What do you want me to do so that you’l—“

“Nothing. Just get out. “ Kyungsoo said and pointed at the door. “And you really did have the guts to lie to the villagers.”

Jongin sighed.

Sorry Kyungsoo.

“I didn’t lie. It’s the truth. Please believe me.”

“You have a disease huh? What kind is that?” Kyungsoo said, scoffing.

Jongin hung his head low. “I really do have a disease. It’s rare and…dangerous. That’s why I wear this kind of clothing.”

“Oh really? You look normal to me.” Kyungsoo said, challenging Jongin.

Jongin walked towards Kyungsoo and it made Kyungsoo’s eyes widen. Jongin crouched down to Kyungsoo’s eye level and Kyungsoo’s breath hitched.

“W-What are you doing?!”

Kyungsoo could almost touch Jongin’s mask. His eyebrows furrowed. The mask seems so familiar.

Jongin turned his head to the side and showed his neck that made Kyungsoo gasped, his eyes widening. It has cracks, and it’s like darkness is peeking through it.

“Get away from me!” Kyungsoo screamed.

Jongin felt Kyungsoo’s fear and quickly backed off. His spine shivered in pleasure and his left eye turned red. Thankfully his mask is covering it. Jongin’s heart raced faster because of nervousness and the fact that he made Kyungsoo get scared made him feel sorry.

“I don’t know what this is called. I just got this while traveling.”

Kyungsoo panted while his heart was racing fast. What kind of disease is that?

“So please, let me stay?” Jongin said at Kyungsoo and you can really see that he’s sorry through his expression. Kyungsoo turned to glare at him.

It looks serious though.

Kyungsoo turned around and held the door knob. “Take care of this house.” He said and left.

Jongin blinked at what Kyungsoo did. When he realized what he said, he grinned.

You never fail to amaze me Kyungsoo. I hope I can see your smile one more time.

[PRESENT]

Even though Kyungsoo doesn’t still seem to trust Jongin after all these months, Jongin is still okay with that because he was with Kyungsoo. He can protect him and love him from a smaller distance even though all he ever does is to push him away.

It’s not enough but it’s okay.

Jongin was enjoying the stars in the sky from the window of Kyungsoo’s former room when he suddenly felt a presence behind him.

He turned around and his eyes widened.

The man looked at him and smiled.

“Brother…” Jongin called. Taemin smiled at him. He walked towards his younger brother and gave him a hug. “I missed you brother.” Jongin grinned when he heard that and hugged his brother back.

“It’s been a year Jongin.” Taemin said and pulled away. Jongin looked at his brother and noticed that something changed at his aura. He eyed him from head to toe earning a confused face from Taemin. “What are you doing? It has been a year since we last saw each other and now you’re judging me?” Taemin complained in a playful voice. Jongin raised his brow at him with a teasing smirk on his face.

“I think your aura changed. It became stronger and manly. What happened?” he asked.

Taemin chuckled. “That’s why I came here to see you.” He said and his face got serious. “Father’s dead. I’m the king now.” He continued and this made Jongin’s eyes widened. “Really?”

Taemin nodded with a smirk and patted the back of his brother. “Really.”

“But…that’s a big role. You’re too young…”

“I’m older than you; do you want to take this position?” Taemin raised his brow and Jongin shook his head. “Of course not. I hate that.” He said that made Taemin grin.

“Good. Because even if you want to, I won’t still let you be the king.” Both of them chuckled.

“As the new king, I won’t let the demons harm the village again so don’t worry anymore and come back to us.” Taemin said with a soft expression. Jongin softened but shook his head. “I don’t want there anymore brother. I like it here. They like me too…”

“They like the lie you made, not you.” Taemin said and Jongin’s eyes widened. “How did you know?”

“I was following you. I’m sorry.” He said. “I just wanted to know if you’re safe.”

“Why didn’t you approach me?”

“Because…I thought you’re mad at me.”

Jongin softened at this and hugged his brother. “I’m sorry brother. I wish I can be there for you.” He said when he remembered that night when Kyungsoo confronted his brother. Taemin nodded, “Its okay, as long you’re safe.”

They both pulled away and looked at each other before laughing.

“You’re so cheesy, ew.” Jongin said.

“It has been a year, what do you expect?”

Jongin laughed.

“I’m going now. Just visit me and father if you have time.”

Jongin looked at him, confused. “How did father died?”

“A white spirit killed him.” Taemin said. “He reached the limits and wants to destroy the other part of the forest so the demons can rule completely. We had a war inside while you were away.”

Jongin was shocked and felt sorry for the spirits.

“Well…I don’t know what to say. I feel a little sad.” Even though they didn’t have a close relationship, Jongin still treated that demon his father.

“We’re the same.” Taemin said and smiled at his brother then, “I’m going now.” He hugged Jongin first before disappearing into thin air.

That night, Jongin couldn’t sleep. There was something happening in his body that he can’t identify. He’s sweating so much and he feels so uncomfortable. He tossed and turned but still no use. He sighed and sat up before ruffling his hair.

“I’ll just go outside and get some fresh air.” Jongin muttered to himself and nodded. He wore his sweater, mask and glove before going outside.

He found no villager outside at this time. He scanned the area. No one.

He smiled to himself and closed the door behind him. This is better.

He sat down on the front porch step of Kyungsoo’s former house and looked up at the sky. The stars are shining and twinkling so bright that night that it made Jongin smile. I never saw the sky like this before.

He sighed contently to himself, thinking that this is what he wants. He wants freedom; he wants to be with humans, even if he has to lie.

All he wants is to be with Kyungsoo.

“What are you doing?” a voice snapped Jongin from his thoughts and It made him jump a bit. He looked to his left and saw Kyungsoo, the love of his life, standing there while glaring at him. Even though he looks angry all the time, Jongin still thinks that he is so beautiful.

But that doesn’t stop Jongin from wishing to get the old Kyungsoo back. The incident in the past traumatized Kyungsoo too much that it stopped him from trusting and depending on the others too much. He became alert on the people around him since them, that he forgot how to have fun and smile.

This is his entire fault.

Jongin snapped out of his thoughts when Kyungsoo snapped his fingers at him. Jongin blinked and realized that the boy was already sitting beside him.

“O-Oh…Kyungsoo…” Jongin whispered, his heart jumping in his chest. Kyungsoo’s leg is brushing against Jongin’s thigh and oh my god…Jongin thought.

“Are you alright? You’re seemed so…I don’t know. Penny for your thoughts?” Kyungsoo shrugged, still looking at Jongin. Jongin blinked…

Is he dreaming?

Is this real?

If this is a dream…he doesn’t want to wake up.

Is really Kyungsoo concerned at his thoughts?

Where is Kyungsoo and what did this man do to him?

“Ya Jongin!” Kyungsoo raised his voice that made Jongin jump a bit. He blinked two times. “W-What are you saying?”

Kyungsoo glared at him. “Why are you always zoning out? What are you even thinking?” he said, crossing his arms on his chest. Jongin blinked again.

“N-Nothing. Just some s-stuff.”

“Then why are you still up?”

“I need some fresh air. I don’t feel fine.”

Jongin jumped a bit when he felt Kyungsoo’s hand on his forehead.

Am I dreaming? Please tell me I’m not!

Jongin looked at him with wide eyes. Kyungsoo’s nose scrunched cutely as if he smelt something bad and was about to removed Jongin’s mask when the latter stopped him. “What are you doing?!” Jongin shrieked that shocked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo blinked and withdrew his hand.

“I was about to check if you have a fever but the mask is getting on the way. I’m going to remove it.”

“No!”

Kyungsoo looked at him with wide eyes. Why is he so defensive about the mask?

Jongin realized that he’s overreacting and calmed down. “Y-You can’t. You know I have a d-disease. I don’t want you to see it.” He said and turned to look at the ground. Kyungsoo softened. He leaned towards Jongin and placed his palm on Jongin’s right cheek that shocked him.

“W-What are you doing?”

“I’m checking if you have fever.” Kyungsoo said and placed the back of his hand on Jongin’s neck.

Jongin gulped. Kyungsoo was so close, so close that if he would lean in, he can kiss his cute and rosy cheek.

Jongin held himself back.

“Nope. You don’t have fever.” He said, pulling away, leaving Jongin disappointed. “Does anything hurt?” Kyungsoo asked one more time and this time, Jongin can’t help himself but ask.

“Why are you asking? I mean, not being rude but…all I know is you don’t care about me.” Jongin felt his heart clenched at his words but it’s the truth. Kyungsoo doesn’t care about him and he always pushes him away. Jongin notices the blush and Kyungsoo’s cheek before turning to look at him.

“I’m sorry…”

Sorry? For what?

“Sorry if I’m always rude at you. I know I acted like a complete jerk towards you, pushing you away and stuff even though all you do is care about me.” Kyungsoo blushes even more at this. “I’m really sorry Jongin. I just realized that…you are sincere of your actions and I should have trusted you since the first time. I’m really sorry.”

You don’t need to be sorry.

Jongin’s heart already forgave Kyungsoo even before his mouth could speak it. His heart is bursting with joy and he can’t help but smile at the fact that Kyungsoo, the love of his life, now trusts him.

“You don’t need to be sorry Kyungsoo. I always act silly around you and annoy you…”

“I know. I realized that you just wanted to make me smile. Thank you Jongin. I appreciate it.” Kyungsoo said softly and smiled at Jongin. Jongin’s heart did its flip many times and there were a lot of butterflies in his stomach. He can’t help but grin. He wants to dance and shout of happiness, heck, Kyungsoo still haven’t said he likes him but still, this is enough to make him happy.

Jongin’s body acted on his own before he could even control it. He hugged Kyungsoo that made the latter’s eyes widen. “You’re welcome. Anything for you Kyungsoo.” Jongin whispered and Kyungsoo can’t help but smile and hug the boy back. After a few seconds, they both pulled away with smiles and blushes on their faces.

“So…friends?” Kyungsoo offered his left hand to shake.

Jongin grinned.

“Friends.” Jongin gripped on Kyungsoo’s hand and shook it with his gloved hand. When he pulled away, Kyungsoo accidentally pulled his glove. Kyungsoo realized this and let out an ‘oh’.

“I’m sorry Jongin. Here’s your glove.” He gave it to Jongin and he gasped. He immediately took it and was about to put it on when he looked at his left hand.

None. No cracks.

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows at Jongin. He was staring at his left hand weirdly like it drew another finger.

“What is it Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked. Jongin looked at him. “Oh, Uh, nothing.” He said and put the glove on his pocket. Kyungsoo eyed the glove. “Why are you even wearing that glove? Your hand is beautiful, no need to hide it.” Kyungsoo said and held Jongin’s left hand. Jongin jumped a bit at the contact and his heart pumped faster on his ribcage if that was even more possible. He can feel the blush on his cheeks warmer than before.

Kyungsoo examined his hand with a soft expression on his face before interlacing their fingers.

Jongin’s breathe hitch.

Kyungsoo’s warm hand feels so nice against his. Jongin tightened his grip that made Kyungsoo look at him with a smile. “They look cute together.” Kyungsoo said that made Jongin chuckle.

He likes this side of Kyungsoo.

They talked at the rest of the night about the things they need to catch up during those times when Kyungsoo was still being mad at Jongin, with their hands holding each other.

Jongin bid goodbye to Kyungsoo and he walked Kyungsoo to his house even though it’s only 30 steps away. Jongin came back to Kyungsoo’s former house with a smile on his face.

He never felt so happy and in love like this before.

He sighed contently as he sat on the bed before squealing. His cheeks hurt from the smiling but he can’t and won’t stop smiling. His heart feels so happy.

Then, he remembered his hand. He lay on the bed and stared at his left hand.

Why are there no cracks?

He rolled the sleeves of his sweater and his eyes widened.

The cracks from his hand up to his arm were no longer there.

He immediately stood up and looked at the mirror. He inhaled and exhaled, excited that maybe, his demon side is now gone, before removing his mask.

He frowned.

There are still cracks from his face up to his neck.

Aish. I’m still a demon.

He looked up at the mirror, only to smile.

So…I can be a human too? He thought.

He wore the mask again and excitedly went outside and into the forest.

The white spirits were doing their things when Sulli saw Jongin. He was caressing a deer’s back when Jongin approached her.

“Jongin! What brings you here?” Sulli asked. The deer noticed Jongin’s presence and it immediately ran, leaving Sulli startled and Jongin shocked.

“Oh sorry. That’s a white spirit and I guess it noticed you’re a demon.” Sulli said and Jongin just smiled and shrugged. “Anyway, why are you here?”

The other white spirits stared at them and it made Jongin uncomfortable.

“Uhm…can I speak to your goddess? I just have something to ask.”

Sulli blinked and scratched her head. “Honestly, I don’t know where she is now. Maybe she’s here somewhere in the forest.” She smiled after. Jongin returned the smile and muttered thanks.

Amber raised her brow. “You know, for a demon, he’s nice.” She whispered to Victoria that it made her nod. Krystal rolled her eyes. “I know right. I feel like something’s off and he’s just pretending to use us.”

“I think he’s sincere Krystal. You can see creatures’ true feelings right? Why do you still doubt him?” Luna said from behind of Victoria. Krystal made a face and ignored them.

“You’re looking for me?” A voice said and the six turned their heads to the source of the voice. There, they found the goddess looking at them, a soft expression on her face. They all bowed.

“I was just going to ask something.” Jongin started. The goddess nodded. “What is that?”

“Is it…is it possible for me to be human? I mean, I’m not a full demon. I’m a half breed.” Jongin explained. The goddess smiled and raised both of her arms, earning a confused look at the six. Their eyes widened when they saw two wolves walking from behind the goddess and approaching them.

The two wolves stopped. The wolf on the goddess’ right side looks calm but tired and the wolf on her left side looks so furious like it was going to eat someone but it looks like it’s holding itself.

The goddess looked at Jongin and the other white spirits that were looking with wide eyes at the wolves. Amber hid behind Victoria’s back while staring at the angry looking wolf.

The goddess left for a while, leaving Jongin, the wolves and the other white spirits. Krystal flinched when she heard the angry looking wolf growl at them. Jongin just stared at the sad looking wolf on the other side that looks like going to cry any minute and always has its head hung low.

The goddess came back after that holding a piece of meat. The two wolves quickly smelled the meat and looked at the goddess. The angry looking wolf was about to attack the goddess but the goddess only looked at it and it already hung his head low, letting out a whimper. The goddess looked at the other wolf who was just staring at her with wide eyes before smiling at it.

“Jongin…” the goddess called. Jongin looked at her. “May I ask, if I let this two hungry wolves fight, who do you think will win?” she asked, raising a brow at him. Jongin looked at both of the wolves and answered, “I think it’s the angry looking one.” He said and pointed at the wolf on the goddess’ left side. The goddess smiled at him.

“That’s what we always misunderstand.” She said that made Jongin confuse. “It doesn’t mean that it’s evil, it will always win.” She took a step forward, the wolves following her while still eyeing the meat. “They’re both hungry so they’re equal in strength.” she eyed the two wolves. “The one who wins…” she threw the meat to the wolf on the right side and it immediately ate it. The wolf on the left side noticed it and it quickly attacked the other wolf but it was already late because the other wolf already ate everything. The both wolves fought that made Jongin and the other white spirits take a step back. There were growling and biting and scratching but it’s so obvious that the angry looking wolf is losing. The other wolf defeated the angry looking wolf and it just whimpered, whole body lying on the floor after the fight.

The goddess looked at Jongin. “…is the one that you will feed.”

Jongin looked at the goddess and then at the wolves. The good wolf smelled the angry wolf that’s now lying on the ground, almost lifeless. The good wolf lied down beside it and nudged the other wolf that only looked at it tiredly before whimpering.

“Did you get what I’m trying to tell here Jongin?” the goddess said. “Imagine that these two wolves are having a battle inside of you right now. The one is evil…” she pointed at the tired looking angry wolf earlier, “…and the other one is good, which is love. The one you will feed, is the one who will win. Jongin, you let yourself feel love by this human named Kyungsoo. You also helped the villagers by the best you can. You left your family for them and even forgot who you are when you asked help you’re your enemies. What do you think is happening to you now?” the goddess smiled at Jongin and the latter’s eyes widened.

“M-Mean…w-what…oh…” Jongin grinned when he realized what the goddess meant to say.

“Thank you. Thank you so much.” He said while bowing repeatedly to the goddess. The goddess nodded with a smile and Jongin quickly ran out of the forest.

The goddess walked towards the wolves and she touched the tired wolf. Something glowed and the wolf quickly sat up and it looked at the other wolf who was staring back. It nudged the other wolf’s chin and they looked like they were hugging. The goddess smiled and the other white spirits smiled in relief.

Jongin was still grinning when he came back to the village. It’s now past midnight and he’s still so full of energy.

He went to his room from Kyungsoo’s former house and removed his mask and sweater. He looked at the reflection in the mirror and saw the other half of his face but instead of frowning and getting angry, he’s smiling.

It was already afternoon, nearing 6:00 pm when Jongin woke up the next day. He can’t sleep last night, still grinning like an idiot, feeling so happy that he can be normal someday, he just have to wait. He can’t sleep and kept on tossing and turning but it’s no use. He decided to stretch stroll the village at night and when he came back home at 5 in the morning, he quickly fell asleep.

He peeked through the window carefully not to be seen by anyone and he saw the villagers, happily walking and greeting each other and he can’t help but smile.

He quickly took a bath and got dressed, excited to see the man he loves. After what happened that night, it gave him hope that maybe; just maybe, Kyungsoo will let him get close to him.

When he wore his mask, he took a look at his left hand and grinned. I won’t wear any gloves anymore. He thought and happily went downstairs.

His eyes widened though when he saw a figure sitting on the couch in the living room. The said figure turns out to be Kyungsoo and Jongin’s heart did its flips. Jongin approached the man and the latter looked at him with those beautiful eyes that never fail to captivate Jongin every time.

“H-Hey…Kyungsoo…” Jongin stuttered, rubbing his nape. “W-What are you doing here?”

He’s so nervous right now in front of Kyungsoo and he doesn’t know why. He felt his heart was going to burst when Kyungsoo smiled at him.

“Nothing. I just wanted to see you.” He said and stood up. “I’m sorry if I came in without your permission. I still have the key, you know.”

Jongin shook his head. “No. I-It’s okay. It’s still your house anyway.” He smiled and Kyungsoo smiled back.

Kyungsoo held Jongin’s arm that made the latter’s eyes widen and heart thumping in an inhuman way. Kyungsoo just smiled at him and pulled him. “Come on Jongin, let’s go.” He said.

“W-Where are we going?” Jongin can’t help but stutter because Kyungsoo’s hand feels so warm despite of the cloth. Kyungsoo turned to him. “I just want to spend some time with you. You know…to make it up to you for the times I was being a .” He said and Jongin’s eyes widened at the term he just called at himself. “N-No. It’s okay to me. You’re kind, really.” He said with a blush. Kyungsoo tilted his head and smiled cutely and oh my, Jongin almost wants to faint. “Really? You think I’m kind?”

Jongin just nodded, not trusting his mouth because he might just confess right there and then without him knowing. He didn’t miss the bag under Kyungsoo’s eyes and his tired look. He furrowed his eyebrows. “Kyungsoo…did you sleep? You look tired?” Jongin noticed that Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he immediately shook his head. “Uhm…no. You know…aish, just…let’s go.” He said and pulled and Jongin didn’t argue anymore.

They went outside and Jongin feels something weird inside him. Maybe it’s just because Kyungsoo is holding him or maybe it’s because of something else. Maybe he’s just changing like what he felt last night? But…this feeling is so different. He can’t name it.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and he can feel that he looks like he’s tensed. Kyungsoo stopped walking and Jongin looked around to where Kyungsoo took him. It was just in the middle of the crowd…nowhere else. Even though it’s nearing evening, there are still many villagers outside.

“Why are we here Kyungsoo?” Jongin asked, his demon senses telling him something bad. Kyungsoo turned to look at him and he gulped.

“Jongin, I just want to know something.” He said and he immediately pulled Jongin’s mask off. Jongin realized what he did and he stared at him with wide eyes. Kyungsoo gasped, and the mask fell out from his hands. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he clasped a hand over his mouth.

The other villagers turned to look at them to know what the commotion is all about and their reactions were the same as Kyungsoo. They gasped and looked with fear at the man. The other girls screamed and pulled their children away and went back to their houses. Soon, the crowd around them got bigger and bigger and they all looked at Jongin with fear in their eyes.

Jongin just kept on staring at Kyungsoo who’s now staring back at him with wide eyes and fear just like the others. Jongin’s left eye turned red and he can feel pleasure run down on his body. Even though eating their fears feels good…no. Jongin doesn’t want it. He closed his eyes and tried to push the feeling away but he can’t.

“You’re a demon! You’re a liar!” the old man yelled at Jongin and the crowd yelled in agreement. “You’re a monster! You’re going to hurt us!”

 “Liar!”

“Killer!”

“Get away from here you demon!”

“You killed our families! How dare you!”

“How could you lie to us Jongin?!”

“We trusted you!!”

Jongin can’t take it anymore and he quickly ran, not minding the people he bumps into. He has to get away from here, fast. He quickly ran into the forest, deeper in the woods.

Kyungsoo just stood there, still shocked.

So…it’s true. He’s… he gulped …a demon.

The disease he’s talking about is him being a demon.

“Come on! Let’s go haunt him and kill him!” a villager said and the other yelled and nodded in agreement. When Kyungsoo heard this, he quickly snapped out of his thoughts and looked at them with horror. “No! Don’t do that!” but it seemed like the villagers didn’t hear him as they kept on murmuring bad things about Jongin and finding materials like knives, hooks, woods, and lighter.

Kyungsoo gulped and he instantly panicked.

He sighed and quickly ran into the forest to follow Jongin.

The reason why he looks so tired is because he followed Jongin last night. After their conversation last night, he can’t sleep and he’s itching to know who Jongin really is. The man is so mysterious that’s why he doesn’t trust him and he don’t believe Jongin’s stories because he feels that he’s lying. His actions are so weird. He wears sweaters even though it’s hot and he even wears glove and a mask that’s so familiar to Kyungsoo.  A disease? Hah. Kyungsoo didn’t fall for that.

So he went out of the house only to see Jongin heading out in the forest.

He quietly followed him while hiding behind the trees and thankfully he didn’t get noticed. His eyes widened when he saw Jongin talk to the white spirits because this is the first time that he ever saw them and Jongin’s talking to them meaning Jongin is a mythical creature too.

So his father is right.

He saw everything. From the goddess, to Jongin’s confession, to the wolves, up to the happy expression of Jongin when he ran out of the forest.

His heart was beating so fast while his brain was taking in the information he just had discovered.

He’s right. Jongin is not normal. He already felt it that’s why he avoided him.

But no matter how much he avoids the man, he still insists on coming to him. That’s why…that’s why…maybe…he fell for him.

He followed Jongin run out of the forest and stopped behind a house when he saw him in front of his former house. He saw Jongin’s smile and he felt how happy must’ve been so happy from what he heard. He can’t help but smile too and his heart race because Jongin is so beautiful when he smiles. His heart did it flips and he knew that he fell even further that moment.

Jongin was always there to take care of him. He was the one who always makes him smile even though all he does is frown and yell at him but Jongin is still smiling. He was the one who always tells him to take care of himself and he should never tire himself although all Kyungsoo do is to tell him to back off. He was the one who always help him whenever the field work gets hard although all he does is push the man away.

Deep inside, Kyungsoo appreciated it all. He appreciated it all and he secretly smiles whenever Jongin’s making him laugh with his corny jokes. He secretly smiles whenever Jongin helps him. He secretly smiles whenever Jongin nags him to rest because he’s tired.

He appreciates it all and last night, all he said was true. That was his heart talking to Jongin, not his stubborn brain.

His brain wants to get mad at Jongin for what his kind did to them a year ago but his heart wants to forgive him and accept him for who he is. He wants to listen to his brain but he’s so tired. He wants to be happy…he wants to love again. So he let his heart do the decision.

He ran as fast as he can before the villagers can even spot Jongin.

I’m sorry Jongin. I’ll save you, don’t worry.

Jongin sobs harder when he made it to the river.

He’s hurt. He’s hurt because of what Kyungsoo did but he can’t blame him so he blames himself instead.

He cried harder when he remembered the look on Kyungsoo’s face when he saw Jongin’s bare face. He screamed, tears of frustration, hurt and sadness flowing against his cheek. He pulled his hair and cried even harder, falling into his knees.

The white spirits saw Jongin and they can’t help but pity the young man.

“Maybe we should help him?” Sulli said and was about to go to Jongin when a hand on her shoulder stopped her. She turned around and saw the goddess looking at her and she shook her head. Sulli understood and nodded her head.

Jongin kept on crying until he heard a voice calling him.

“Jongin!”

His head snapped towards his left and his eyes widened when he saw Kyungsoo’s figure running towards him. He immediately stood up and backed off. When Kyungsoo arrived a few meters away from Jongin, he panted to catch his breath. He looked at Jongin and the latter turned around quickly.

“Jongin…” he called.

“What are you doing here?” Jongin asked with a serious tone. Kyungsoo gulped and approached him. “Jongin I’m sorry…I…”

“What are you doing here Kyungsoo? Please leave. I…I don’t want you to see me like this. You can yell at me and hate me later but please…I’m not in the mood right now. I—“ Jongin gasped when he felt Kyungsoo’s arm wrap around his waist.

Kyungsoo was hugging him and his heart raced faster.

He bit his lip.

“Jongin…I’m sorry. I followed you last night because I was really curious about you and I found everything out.” He said, hugging the man tighter.

Jongin’s eyes widened. “Y-You…Y-You knew?” he asked and he felt Kyungsoo nod whose face is now buried at his back.

Jongin smells so good. Kyungsoo thought.

“Jongin…I want to hate you…I really want to. Your kind did that to the villagers and to my parents…” Kyungsoo bit his lips to stop a sob and then he continued, “…But Jongin I’m tired. I’m so tired of pretending I’m strong. I’m tired of pushing you away. I’m tired of being mad and unhappy. I’m tired of letting my pride and brain control over me. I want my heart to take control now…and my heart wants to love you Jongin.” Kyungsoo said and he can’t help but smile at his own confession. His heart is beating so fast right now and he can feel his cheeks blushing. Jongin’s eyes widened again at the man’s confession. He turned around and Kyungsoo pulled away. He looked at Kyungsoo’s eyes, his own heart beating so fast too.

“Y-You do?” he asked and he wants to faint when Kyungsoo nodded.

“Jongin, I’m sorry for pushing you away. Now I’m ready…I’m ready to be happy again. I don’t care what you are. I want to be free. I’ll forget everything…because you’re what my heart desires and I won’t let my brain stop me. I didn’t realize that…I fell for you because you’re always too pushy in taking care of me…” he chuckled after that made Jongin grin.

Jongin’s heart feels so happy that he feels that it’s going to burst. What made him smile even more is that when he didn’t feel that Kyungsoo fears him anymore. His left eye didn’t turn red.

Despite of his situation, Jongin smiled.

Kyungsoo turned his head to the left when he heard the villagers approaching nearer and nearer to them. He suddenly became nervous. He looked up and stared at Jongin, not feeling scared.

“Jongin, I’m really sorry…this is my fault…I…”

“Shhh…” Jongin said, putting his index finger over Kyungsoo’s plump lips. And then, Jongin smiled. “I don’t care about them anymore. You’re the reason why I helped them. You’re the only reason Kyungsoo. And this is enough…Kyu—“

Kyungsoo didn’t let him finish what he was saying and he immediately pulled him into a kiss.

Jongin was stunned with what Kyungsoo did that it took a few seconds before he can process what is happening.

Kyungsoo is kissing him.

Jongin closed his eyes and he kissed Kyungsoo back, his hands made its way around Kyungsoo’s neck.

Jongin felt warm all over.

His heart is beating so fast and there’s a soft flutter inside his stomach. He can feel his cheeks getting warm.

It’s an uncomfortable feeling but Jongin likes it.

He feels so human.

Little did he know, Kyungsoo feels the same way.

“They’re here! Let’s…” a man shouted when he saw Jongin but stopped when he saw what Kyungsoo and Jongin was doing but it’s not the only reason why. The man’s eyes widened, as well as the other villagers.

Jongin was glowing.

Kyungsoo pulled away from the kiss and opened his eyes. He looked up at Jongin and his eyes widened too when he saw him.

“W-What? Why?” Jongin asked when he saw Kyungsoo’s expression.

“You’re glowing.” Kyungsoo answered, amazed.

Jongin lifted up his arms and got shocked when he saw that he was really indeed glowing. A white aura surrounded him from head to toe. There were sparks and little circle of lights that dance around him. The villagers including Kyungsoo just stood there and stayed rooted on their spots while watching Jongin with fascination.

After a few seconds, the white glow disappeared and Kyungsoo gasped.

“What now?” Jongin asked and Kyungsoo touched his cheek.

“The cracks were gone.”

Jongin’s eyes widened. “R-Really?” He immediately went to the river and saw his reflection on the crystal clear water.

No cracks.

No more pale skin.

No red eye.

His left side of the face is similar to his right side.

He looks human.

He feels human.

It took a few seconds before the realization had hit him.

He turned to Kyungsoo with a huge grin on his face. He ran towards the man and hugged him so tight.

“Kyungsoo! I don’t look like a demon anymore! I don’t feel like one anymore.” Jongin said like an excited kid. He pulled away and stared at Kyungsoo whose now smiling just like him. “Thank you Kyungsoo. This is all because of you. Thank you.” He said and hugged him again.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Might as well leave now, right?”

The villagers turned their heads towards the direction of the voice. They saw a handsome man smiling cutely at them.

They suddenly became alert and held the weapons they brought in front of them.

“W-Who are you? Are you a demon?” one of them asked. The man just smiled. “Do I look like a demon?” he asked. The villagers looked at each other and shook their heads.

The handsome man shrugged. “Then…go leave now. I guess? Let the lovers have their moment. Have some respect, right?” he said. The villagers nodded at each other and eventually left.

Taemin shook his head and chuckled. “Those humans…” he whispered to himself. He's now in his father's position and that means more power and more power means he can transform his looks and fool anyone that he's a human.

“What are you doing here?” Taemin turned around and saw Krystal with Sulli. He raised his brow and Krystal continued, “Why? Are here to watch the show too? And don't deny. We know that you're a demon.”

Taemin chuckled at what she said and nodded. “If that’s how you name watching my brother and his lover and I think my answer is yes and no, I won't deny it.” Krystal crossed her arms over her chest.

“They’re so cute together. And finally, Jongin overcame his demon side. I knew he’s nice.” Sulli said, smiling cutely. Krystal just rolled his eyes.

Taemin smiled at her before leaning at the nearest tree and crossing his arms.

He looked at his brother’s direction and he saw him leaning his forehead against his lover’s while smiling.

Taemin felt warm seeing his brother so happy.

He smiled.

I’m happy for you Jongin.

A/N: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IT'S FINISHED HOOORAAAAY

Lol, sorry for the crappy ending. And sorry for making you wait for so so so so long. Are you still there? hehe

Please tell me what you think. So do you think I should stop writing? haha

-rhedvelvet

"WE ALWAYS FEAR THE WRONG EVIL."