Shopping and Close Encounters

Masquerade

-The weekend before the masquerade-

Kim Kibum woke up at 9 in the morning to get ready. He was going to the mall with Taemin, to shop for the Masquerade. Technically, the shopping is only for him, because Taemin already has all his costume ready and he barely decided to go to the Masquerade. He took a bath, and ate a quick breakfast. "Umma! I'm going to the mall with Taemin today, I'll be back as soon as possible." Key shouted. His umma popped her head out of the laundry room, "Okay, Kibum.. just be safe. Bye~"

Key got to the mall in 20 minutes. Just as he was about to enter the mall, he heard his name being called. He turned and saw that it was....

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ri-

“Annyeong!.. who's this?” Onew answered his phone. “Yah! Onew-hyung, it's me!” said the person from the other line. “Jonghyun?!” Onew shouted at the phone. “Hyung! My ear!”

“Ah, mianhae. So, how have you been?” Onew asked. “Good, just lazying around. Wanna go chill at the mall today?” Onew looked at the clock and considered it. “Okay, meet you there at 12?”

“Sure! See you later! Bye~”

“Bye~”

Onew jumped out of his bed, and ran to get dressed. 10 minutes later he was done. He decided to come to the mall earlier. As he arrived at the mall he saw a familiar face. “Key!” The other boy turned and said his name back. “Onew-hyung! What are you doing here?”

"I'm just meeting an old friend." Onew replied, "How about you?"

"Ah... I'm going shoping with Taemin for the masquerade. Ya, hyung... who's this old friend of y---" "KEY-UMMA!"

The two older boys was surprised by the maknae's loud voice. "Annyeong, Taemin~" "Well, see you around today, hyung?" Key told Onew as he nodded. Key quickly sprinted where Taemin was and linked arms with him. Onew was alone once again, waiting for his friend to arrive. "Hyung!" Jonghyun was finally here. "Ah! Jonghyun, how's my old friend?" "Yah! I'm not old!"

 

~*~*~*~

 

"Oh! Hyung! I like this mask!" Taemin exclaimed, while wearing a robotic like mask. "Wait, no, I like this one." This time he was wearing a mask made of bendy straws.

"Taeminnie, you already have a mask... we're looking for a mask for me, remember?" Key said. "Oh yeaaa..." Key laughed at his son's antics. He decided to explore the store some more. He saw feathery boas, pirate hats, and even wigs. Then, his eyes caught something... It was a pure white mask, with cream colored pattern and pearly white beads. "Uwah... Excuse me.. can I see that mask please?" The store clerk took it out the display case.

'It's so pretty...' Key looked at the mask with pure amazement. "Ajusshi, how much is this?" The old man, walked over and inspected the mask. "Oh this thing! My wife made it, haha" His deep laugh echoed. "Nobody has ever taken interest of this mask so it's been in that case for quite sometime now." 

"It's a pity, I work hard for that mask." Key turned and see an old woman walking towards them. "-bows- Annyeonghaseyo, Ahjumma." said Key. Ahjumma placed the masked in her hands. "I made this very specially... only one person can wear this. And the mask will fit perfectly on him or her. One of my most best works." 

"C-can I try it on?" Key asked nervously. The Ahjumma smiled and nodded. Key walked over to a mirror and put it on... 

One word was going through Key and the old couple.

'Perfect'

 

~*~*~*~

 

Onew and Jonghyun were walking around the mall, catching up with each other. Talking about grades, relationships, and even the upcoming masquerade ball.

"I'm gonna go use the restroom for a moment!" Onew said, then ran off. 

Jonghyun sat on a nearby bench to wait for his hyung. 

"Umma! Wait up!" Jonghyun turned and saw a blonde hair boy who was running after another blonde hair boy. "Aish! Hurry up, Minnie!~" The other boy was holding three big shopping bags, and one small one. "Mianhe, umma. I had to tie my shoe."

"Well, then come on! Let's go get food now~"

Jonghyun couldn't help but stare as they walked away. 

"Hellooooooo. Jonghyun~... Dino head, Puppy, weirdo! YAH!" Jonghyun broke from his daydream and finally noticed that Onew came back. "Oh! H-hyung!"

"Why are you in such a daze? .. nevermind that! Let's go get chicken!" 

 

~*~*~*~

 

Key was walking to his and Taemin's table while holding the tray that contained the food. Since he was looking at the tray, trying to balance it and not spill anything, He wasn't looking at where he was going. 

BUMP!

"Whoa!" Key lost his balance and accidentally lossen his hold on the tray. But luckily someone caught it from him. "A-are you okay?" Key looked up and his feline eyes met with a puppy like eyes. "N-neh I'm okay...Kamsamnida." Key shyly took the tray back and quickly walked to where Taemin is. 

 

~*~*~*~

 

"I have to head home now, Onew-hyung." Jonghyun said, "Hope to see you later?"

"Arrasso, Jonghyun. Hope to see you at the masquerade!"

Jonghyun nodded and bid goodbye once more. He sprinted to the bus stop, and waited. Several people were there too, waiting as well. He boarded the bus as soon as it came, and chose to sit in the way back window seat. Key was also in this bus, but he was sitting all the way at the front. 

Both and 3 other people got off at the same time. Jonghyun exiting from the back door and Key exiting from the front door.

Today was a day for shopping... with so many close encounters.

 

~*~*~*~

 

 

Author's note:

MIANHE! >.< I have no internet access at home D; Very sorry for the late update! (Sorry that it kinda too T.T) 

I'm updating from Starbucks (free wifi!) I'll try and come here every now and then to update, but I can't really promise it >.<

Again sorry! .. and I hope you liked this chapter :)

Comment, arrasso? :D