Seeing the Dead

Awakened By The Dead

Baekhyun's POV

 

  I just see them walking like normal people. I see them all the time. They dont seem to be harmful, atleast I think theyre not. I'm never sure if I was the only one who sees these people. Dead people. Im never bothered to ask people. What if they think Im a freak? What if Im the only one? Ugh. I hate asking myself the same question everyday.

 

  The train station nearest to my house is always full. I was never the first in the que. Im always the last even though I come 572974917402830× earlier. Okay. Im exaggerating, but yes, I do come as early as possible most of the time.

 

  I walked down, off the train, holding my books and my bag over my shoulders. Holding tight to my 2kg books, a girl passed by me and hardly bumped my shoulder. The books fell as I bent down to grab them. I can feel people staring at me while the girl just stood there beside me, not even helping. Oh. Wow. My face turned red and I felt heat coming out from my ears.

 

  I picked them up and stood. She looked at me with creepy dark eyes. Oh, shes one of them. I thought and just walked by, still feeling embarrassed and ashamed.

 

  I was infront of the school gate, feeling really relieved that I came before 8.00. Even thouhh I usually come before that, I always felt relieved, as if someone was going to murder me in the streets and I ran to the police. Yeah, that kind of relief.

 

  "Baekhyun!" I heard my best friend, Chanyeol, shout. He smiled and waved at me. 

 

  He always had that kind of smile that makes you want to just grab his face and eat it all, even his veins. Because he always looked perfect to me. Sometimes looking at Chanyeol makes me think twice if Im straight or if Im gay. Or maybe its just Chanyeol that is the perfection.

 

  I smiled and went to his place, hes always there every single morning.

 

  "Did you do the homework?" I asked panting. Since I was running to him.

  "WHAT?!" He looked at me with his huge big dolly eyes. "WE HAD HOMEWORK?! WHAT THE ! NO ONE TOLD ME!"

 

  It was kind of weird that no one ever hears Chanyeol no matter how loud he is. Its like hes invisible or something. Or hes like one of those dead people I see. But hes not. Im 901810% sure hes not.

 

 "Yeah, Maths, page 493." I casually told him.

"Freak." I heard one of them say. 

 

  I honestly still dont understand why people call me weird, mental, freak, crazy, and all those words that make you feel insane and stupid. As if the world even knows what I see, rumours and gossips are usually and mostly about me running out of the mental hospital or something stupid like that.

 

  The day went by fast. Just like my normal everyday, people call me a freak. Everytime and anytime. While Im walking down the corridor talking to my perfect best friend, they call me a freak. While Im in class giggling about some stupid Chanyeol makes, they call me a freak.

 

  them. all these people. Just you all. You and your stinky and . you all. .

 

 Of course it hurt. It hurts having people who barely even know me call me a freak. It just hurts.

 

  I went home and opened the black wooden door. My dad came to have a visit without my permission.

 

  "Hey son! Hows your school?" He always looked young and always acts like he have never grew. Like he was always 10 years old. He was his spoon full of ice cream, sitting on the couch watching Adventure Time.

 

  "Dad, youre 39." I closed the door behind me and walked towards him.

  "So? It doesnt matter. Just because Im 39 doesnt mean I have to act like Im 39. We never really grow up, son. Its just our body that matured. Its our choice if we want to grow up or not." Why is he always so deep and wise.

  I dropped my books and my bag beside the couch and went to my bedroom to change my clothes to my beautiful, nemo printed PJs.

  "I told you we dont really grow up." He chuckled.

  I grinned and sat next to him.

 

  "They still call me a freak. A stupid, crazy freak." I frowned.

  "If only, just only you tell me whats wrong. You never tell me why. Just why do you think they call you a freak?"

  "I dont know."

  "How?"

  "How what?"

  "How can you not know whats wrong with you?"

  "Because I just dont."

  "You should."

  "But what if I dont?"

  "You know, you shouldnt keep all your secrets to yourself. Youre going to feel like you weigh 100 pounds mentally because youre keeping all this to yourself. If you let atleast one go, youre going to feel 100 pounds better. Trust me."

 

  I sighed.

 

  "Look me in the eyes." He said, looking at me deeply with his dark brown eyes. "Now, tell me."

 

  "I can see them."