Chapter 18

Injured HyukJae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae's POV

Not again.

It happened all over again. What am I gonna do,I saw the person I love,lying in the middle of the road,with blood all over,"Hyukkie please don't sleep, Hyukkie please" I plead as I held his head. 

"Somebody call 911! Please !" I wailed with tears streaming down my face. Before I knew it an ambulance with paramedics running out of it ran to me and Hyukjae. 

"Sir, I need you to calm down let us take him to the nearest hospital, please get back" a paramedic tried to calm me down and instantly placing Hyukjae on a stretcher and strapping him up so he doesn't fall down. I hoped on the ambulance with the paramedics and rushed to the nearest hospital.

The whole way to the hospital I held Hyukjae's big and suddenly cold hands. "Hyukjae ah, please I can't lose you again, why is your hand cold? Should I warm it up ?" I held his left hand with both of my hands to transfer my heat to him. I gently kissed his hand and prayed silently. "God, have mercy on my Hyukjae, I am the one have sinned you, punish me instead not him" I cried silently.

"Sir, we are here" said the paramedic. They removed the stretcher from the ambulance and rushed to the emergency room. I ran to the said room but failed when they blocked my entrance. "Sir we are going to stop you here, please stay outside until further notice" 

I was devastated. I was shaking, crying, wailing, sobbing alone with no one supporting my weak body. No warning, my nightmare continued. I saw the last person I would ever want to see in this world.

I lift my head and I saw him. My boss. Kangin.

I stood up -trembling- walking backwards distancing myself from him. "What are you doing here ?!" I said hoarsely but can still be heard. "I'm sorry" Kangin said. What? what was he sorry for? "What do you mean? What are you sorry for? that you almost me?" I half-screamed.

"I'm sorry, I am the reason you are here right now" Kangin said.

what. did he- ?

"It was your car ?" I asked with widened eyes. Kangin stayed silent. "I'm asking you. WAS IT YOUR CAR ?!" I screamed to my -now officially-  ex-boss. I attracted the attention of the nurses, doctors and people around me with my voice. 

"Yes, it was" 

The distance between us gotten shorter as I ran to him screaming wanting to hit him in the face but the hospital’s staff reacted on time and prevented me from doing so. 

“You almost killed a human being. You almost killed Hyukjae” I almost whispered. “I’m really sorry Donghae, I know I’m a bad person but I don’t know what gotten into me and I wanted to hit you because you refused to obey what I said” Kangin said keeping his head low. 

“Well good hit , you should have just hit me than making Hyukjae suffer again !” I yelled. Tears still coming out of my eyes, I was a sobbing mess. Oh how I wished he hit me rather than Hyukjae, he already suffered a lot because of me and now he is in the same situation like we did a few years ago.

We sat outside of the emergency room ‘together’, I haven’t called Hyukjae mom’s cause I wouldn’t want her to worry at this time of day. As I was almost fallen asleep, the doctor came out from the emergency room.

I quickly stood up “How is he doctor?” I asked. “He had a major concussion, he maybe also broke his left shoulder blade when he was bracing himself for impact” the doctor said.

I looked at Kangin’s apologetic face, I can see the guilt in his face but I wasn’t ready to forgive him. 

My devastated face was obvious to the doctor. “Err Mr ..” the doctor was referring to me with his hand prepared to shake mine. 

“Donghae” I shook his hand too. “What’s your relationship with the patient?” he asked curiously. “ I’m his boyfriend” I said. The doctor nod silently. “I would like to talk to you for awhile after this? I will let you go in and see him first” the doctor said.

I nod and he left us silently. I was about to open the door when I realised Kangin was about to follow me.

“What do you think you are doing?” I said. “I’m going inside with you” Kangin said. “Are you out of your mind?! You are his alleged murderer, who the does that !” I almost yelled. I took a deep breath before looking at him again.

“If I see you when I get out of this room, I’m calling the authorities on you” I glared to the awful man in front of me. I went into the room and I felt Kangin stopped his tracks and just stood idle in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter