FAT—I feel fat.

FAT—I feel fat.

‘You are fat,’ she said. ‘You will never lose weight,’ she said. Tch. Who is she kidding? I know my body will grow thinner. I just need to reduce my eating bulks of food and exercise more,

 

Or just eat and vomit everything afterwards…


“Are you sure you want to do that? Because if I could remember, you once told me you’d never go anorexic,” Hoseok stood beside you; leaning on the concrete railing, staring up the sky whilst you sat on the railing. You weren’t afraid of falling off that five storey school building. Being scared is for wimps and you are no wimp, are you?

 

Oh . I said that aloud? And what the hell is he doing here? Isn’t he supposed to be at work?  You stared right back at him with astonishment.

 

“I’m here to check you if you are already adjusted to your new school,” he stated as if he read your boggled mind. “You, what are you doing here? Correct me if I’m wrong but I think it’s in ten in the morning and you have English class.”

Yep. He knows your schedule alright. Why wouldn’t he know that when he’s the only person your parents entrusted you to? Why him and not your relatives? Clearly, you like being with him than your mom’s sister or your dad’s uncle. Those people are psychos, unlike Hoseok here.

Ehh, maybe he’s sometimes a psycho, but his psychotic attitude is endurable and with this, you chose living with him. Besides, he’s your boyfriend.

A guy of twenty years old is dating a senior high school student? For real?

Yeah, other people think he’s being a pedobear, and whenever you two hear that issue, you’re like “dude, you kidding me? We haven’t even kissed so mind your own ing business” like seriously, you two haven’t shared a single kiss since you started dating and to be honest, sometimes the thought of it bothers you.

“I’m here because I don’t want to listen to my English teacher. Her voice is such a pain in the .”

“You, the girl who’s geeky about verbs and adjectives and all that grammar thingy, don’t want to be in your English class?” he frowned, “Are you sick?”

A sluggish smile grew on your face. He just knows you too well.

“Nope.”

“Then, be honest. Why are you here?”

“I’m not feeling well.”

“I thought you said you’re not sick?” he scratched his head, completely lost.

“I’m not.”

He groaned, “Can you please stop being so tight-lipped?”

You glanced sideways at him before speaking.

“I feel corpulent.” Your voice was barely audible.

This is the first time you became shy around your man. You shamelessly talk to him about everything except your physique. That topic is just too much. Maybe he already saw your that one time he accidentally entered the bathroom while you’re taking a bath because you forgot to lock the door, but really. You just can’t have a conversation with him relating your body.

“I’m sorry, you feel what?”

“FAT—I feel fat.” You had the courage to shout the first word but the next three words; you chickened out and just whispered. Ugh. Why can’t you just be confident about yourself?

“Who told you you’re fat? Let me at ‘em!” he crumpled his sleeves up like showing off that he’s the man, thinking he could beat the biggest bully in your school.

“One of those mean queenkas in our class. You see, I was just sitting in the cafeteria, alone, eating my recess when she picked on me. She bluntly told me I’m fat and I will never lose weight things like that. But really, I know I’m fat.”

“If you know you’re fat, then why are you upset?” he shrugged “She just told you the truth.”

 

She just told you the truth…

 

Poor Hosigi. Little did he know; girls don’t want the truth. Now, he suffers the aftermath of that strong blow on his arm.

“What the hell was that for?”

You stared at him blankly and looked at the vast area your school owns. Then you said, “I do know I’m fat. I just don’t want others to shove it in my face.”

“I was just kidding.” He muttered as he sheepishly rubbed the arm where you hit him, realizing his mistake and repeatedly writing a mental note; never shove it in her face. Never shove it in her face.

He observed you for a couple of minutes as you stare into space.

Never shove what into your face? You obviously look normal to me. Hoseok opted keeping his thoughts to him for a while. He wants to hear you talk first. And probably because he doesn’t want a bruise on his arm.

The two of you became quiet and you can feel the energy that Hoseok is giving off.

 

Anxiety.

 

He sincerely wants to talk to you about your I-am-fat-and-I-know-it issue, but furthermore; he wants you to open up without him forcing you.

You breathe in and out loudly, giving Hoseok a sign that you’d be spilling the beans. He scooted closer to you, just to make sure you feel his warmth and presence.

“Am I fat?”

Hoseok had this urge to ask you if you wanted a fight. He once read something about this on the internet, where the girl asked her man if she was fat and afterwards, they had this mini world war three in their house and ended up separating. Hoseok doesn’t want that to happen. He doesn't want to hurt your feelings. And he definitely doesn’t want to lose you.  Those things are at the very bottom of the list he wants to do to you.

So he thought of a loophole.

“Does that even matter?” he carefully asked.

You abruptly turned your head to face him. Hoseok thought that it was the end of him for not answering straight to the point, but fortunately. It wasn’t.

“It matters!  Look at you, you’re skinnier than me,” you huffed “what if you can’t carry me bridal style after our wedding day because I’m too fat? That would send us both tripping when we enter our dream house and that’s a big sign of bad luck. Then the bad luck will continue; we will not be able to have kids because being slim is very important in bearing a child, then you will not be happy with me because I can’t give birth to a little Hoseok and the next thing I’ll know, you’re leaving me. Hosigi, I’m scared!”

You immediately covered your mouth for being offhand. You were actually talking about marriage, kids and ! You’re just in your senior year, for Pete’s sake.

 Hoseok’s eyes met yours and he smiled fondly.

“So this is what bothered you for the last hour or so,” he chuckled, not meaning to offend you but because he was fascinated by the way your brain works.

The hand that was once covering your mouth was now joined by your other hand and covered your whole face. You were so ashamed but still nodded. It did bother you.

You felt Hoseok’s warmth leave your side. You got curious where he went so you removed your hands from your face and by the time you did that, you felt his arms wrap around your waist from behind and lifted you off the concrete railing.

You let out a small shriek of surprise.

Hoseok put you on your feet and let you stand in front of him.

“First of all,” he started. “I can still carry you until we got married. We will not trip, I guarantee. That is the main reason I keep these biceps fit.” He hit his flexed bicep with his fist.

Then he stepped closer with eyes fixed at you.

“Secondly, I love the idea of a little Hoseok. But, I don’t really mind if you can’t give me a child that I would make me chase him all over the house just for a bath. Micky can do that job.”

He took another step, leaving only an inch as a distance from you.

“And last, but not the least. Who told you I’m gonna leave you just because you’re fat? I’m all yours, okay? I’m not gonna leave you just because of that shallow reason. I didn’t love you just because of your body. I love you because you are you.”

You tried to avoid your eyes from looking at him. Why? You were too shy of him staring at you as he says those words.

“Are you sure you love me not just because of my body?” you mumbled.

Hoseok stared at you in disbelief, “Why the hell do you think I said what I just said in the first place if I don’t love you as you? Of course I do love you because of your personality!”

“Even if I’m fat?” you raised an eyebrow.

He hugged you tightly, pressing you onto his well built-chest. “I love you. I love you. I love you. Jagi-ah, I love you so much. I don’t care if you’re fat. If you think you’re fat, then you are my fat. Please be confident of yourself because I love you. I love you. I love you. ”

Good thing he hugged you because if not, your crimson red cheeks would embarrass you.

 “A set of ‘I love you-s’ doesn’t pull my weight down.” You mumbled against his chest.

He pulled away and stared at you from arms length. His face was showing this are-you-ing-kidding-me-I-thought-you-were-done-with-this-drama look. Yet, he said “Then, I promise you, we will work something out so you’d lose weight,” he paused “If that’s what you really want.”

He smiled at you and you did the same.

 

The next day~

“Jagi-ah, c’mon! let’s go jogging!” Hoseok bounced on your bed, attempting to wake you up. You both agreed to jog every single day until you’re already satisfied with your weight and this is the first day that agreement will take place.

You groaned drowsily and pulled that bouncing man into a hug, making him your human pillow. “I changed my mind. I’m good with being fat as long as I have you.”

Hoseok wasn’t surprised about you changing your mind. He knew you were too lazy for a jog in the morning that’s why he was more than happy to pull you closer and snuggle back to sleep.

 

 

 

~Fin~