One

His Love That Was Not For Me

"I love you." 

I slowly closed my eyes hearing those three words...that were not for me. The thundering silence that overtook the room I occupied. The room was filled with darkness the only light that shone was from the room across mine's. However, the night was filled with laughter and love from the other room occupied by her and Jongin.

I could not help myself to leave Jongin. Eventhough, he did not spend time wisely on our relationship we still had conversations from time to time to catch up with one another. He is my everything.

The next morning was the same routine- he would send the girl home and come back with a new one. I decided to cook breakfast without him. As I sat down with my plate filled with eggs and sausages, I digged in without a second thought until the door bell rang.

"Who is it?" 

"It's us!" shouted from the other side of the door.

took a quick glance through the mirror before I opened the door for them. 

"Hey, come on in," I smiled welcoming EXO, Kai's group of friends, gesturing the 11 boys to sit on the couches. As they settled in living room, the atmosphere was silent the only movement heard was breathing from the boys and me.

"So...where's Kai?" Kris turning his gaze towards me while sitting on the couch with his feet on the table. 

My mind went blank as he asked me where Kai went. I stared at the giant that was looking at me with confusion. I bit my lip trying to think of a way to change the subject he had brought up. 

"Well I made breakfast, anyone wants eggs and sausages?" 

"Me!" EXO exclaimed in an unison tone except Kris whose eyes were still fixed on me.

I kept my distance from Kris. I was close with the others from EXO, but Kris was a whole different situation his eyes that only shot glares from acroos the room and his mischievous grins that would be totally be unexpected. He was not the person I wouldn't want to bother with broad shoulders, a tall frame and blonde hair that suited only anime characters. 

I sat down on the furthest couch away from him to avoid eye contact or conversations that were not needed at the moment. From the corners of my eyes, I could see he was still studying my facial expressions moments ago.

"How come you are not eating?" Trying to break the ice between the both of us.

"You never answered my question." 

I pursed my lips thinking what he was questioning me about. He wanted to know where Kai went. I thought carefully of my answer to his dangerous question.

"Oh, well I am not sure where he is at the moment," I faked a smile to show that everything was okay. 

He nodded his head and returned his gaze back onto the television show. I have to admit Kris was a good looking men with charismatic looks no one can deny. He was always dressed in the latest trend while I wore clothes that were not so up to dated. 

While staring off to space, the door bell rang with a shout-

"It's me, open up!" 

I swiftly got off the couch and headed for the door only to see it wasn't Kai but Kai with another new 'girlfriend'. 

"EXO is here," I stated with a happy tone trying not to show my pain of seeing him with someone who was clearly more beautiful than I was. Kai knew he was wrong but he always claimed he was right. 

I locked the door behind me and headed for the bedroom. 

"Where are you going?" He asked with a questioning look.

"Just getting ready to go to work."

"She is hungry can you get her somehing to eat," Kai smirked to girl that was sitting there with no self respect of introducing herself and now her "boyfriend" was telling me to get her simple meal when he could've done it by himself.

Kris and the other EXO members look at disgust at the girl Kai had invited into the apartment moments ago. I was lost in my own thoughts while small talks and whispers were heard. Kris didn't seem ro enjoy the scene of him asking me to make a meal for his new girl. 

"I will do it," he stood up walking to the kitchen.

"No, Kris don't do it, she got it all under controlled." 

"Yeah, I can do it myself," as I ran to the kitchen getting the utensils needed to cook. 

 I started to prepare her a simple but fancy meal of spaghetti. Without realizing there was drops of what was called tears streaming down my face. 

"Hyung, why is she crying?" Tao asked Chen with a hinted tone of sadness.

"Be quiet and eat your food," Chen punched Tao on the arm. 

"That hurts!" Tao pouted.

"Stop being so childish," Kris butted.

"Says the man with an alpaca stuffed animal," Chen chuckled.

"Whatever," Kris rolled his eyes.

"Mmmhmm," Chen snapped his fingers and continued to eat his eggs.

I couldn't help but smile at their conversation that was filled with pity but still held a good laughter.

"The meal is done," I shouted across the room.