First Day at SOPA

When The Unexpected Happens [PLEASE CHECK THE LATEST CHAPTER]

When the clock strikes to five o'clock in the morning, the sun will begin to rise, smiling brightly at South Korea. Lots of people in the country lazily gets up to get ready for work. The others, well, were still asleep since it's still early in the morning.

 

One of the places in South Korea was the Seoul's School of Performing Arts, one of the most prestigious university in the country.

 

It was still early in the morning but there were already lots of students who came for the first day of school in SOPA. Every students has their own businesses while waiting for the first ever Flag Ceremony of this school year.

 

Everything was just plain ordinary at first when suddenly, a young man entered the gate of SOPA, immediately gaining attention from the other students. The young man was awfully attractive. It was known that this young man is none other than the youngest member of a known rookie group named BTS. Girls started to crowd around him since he's popular. It wasn't too long before the girls started to leave him since the Flag Ceremony was about to begin.

 

After the ceremony, all of the students went to their designated classrooms to finally begin the first day of class.

 

[Heegi's POV]

 

"Heegi! Heegi!" I heard someone scream. "Get up! You're gonna be late for first day!" recognizing who it was and realizing what she said, I rose up from my bed, eyes still closed. Oh yeah, today is the first day of classes in SOPA. I got up from my bed lazily and proceeded in doing my daily morning routines.

 

After thirty minutes, I went down as fast as I could, not bothering to eat breakfast anymore since I'm already getting late. "Eomma! I'll be going! Bye!" I kissed her cheeks and left.

"Goodbye! Take care!" I heard her say. I looked back from the door and nodded at her before entering my driver's car.

 

After how many minutes, I finally reached school. Thank goodness I'm here! I got out as fast as I can. I searched for my classroom and luckily, I found it. Outside my classroom was a boy standing. He seems like waiting for something? Well, I have no intentions on caring since I was really late.

 

I knocked on the door. not mindind the boy, and entered the room. "Good morning Ms. Kim!" I greeted and bowed at her. "Sorry for being late!" she looked at me from head to toe. "Tardy on the first day, Miss?"

"Ms. Shin," I answered for her.

"Well, remember not to be late again, arasseo?" I nodded at her and bowed again. "Okay, please take your seat." I nodded and bowed again the walked my way to the two vacant places at the back. Before I can forget, Shin Heegi, seventeen years old for y'all.

"Okay class, we have a transferee student." the teacher began. "So please come in." that's the cue for the guy outside to come in. Oh, a transferee student like me.

 

So he entered. I can already hear the girls squealing. Goodness, first day of school and that's how they react. Worst, it's a transferee student. "Oh my gosh, it's Jungkook!" the girl infront of me whispered to her seatmate. What's the purpose of her whispering? It's audible. "He transferred here!" what's with the guy anyway? Is he like popular or something?

"Okay class! Quiet down!" Ms. Kim ordered. The girls managed to shut their mouth up, fortunately. "Okay, please introduce yourself to class."

"Annyeonghaseyo! Jeon Jungkook imnida!" he said and bowed. "Please take care of me." he smiled after bowing. After maybe two or three seconds? The girls squealed again. How can girls be noisy in the morning? I'm a girl and how come I'm not like them?

"Okay, Mr. Jeon, please take your seat...." Ms. Kim searched for a vacant place and that's when my eyes met hers. "Over there," she pointed at the vacant seat beside me. "Beside Ms. Shin."

 

He bowed at the teacher for thanks then walked towards his place. Even without me looking around, I can already feel the jealous and envious glares the girls were giving me. I sighed. This is going to be a long school year I guess.

 

[Minkyung's POV]

 

Finally! Recess time! I swear I almost fell asleep on first subject. Our teacher was so frail and calm. I couldn't take her lessons seriously. I'm sure everyone was like me, they were sleepy too.

 

I walked out of the classroom with every intentions of eating but I stopped when I saw a scene in the hallway. Bullying. Bunch of rich and y girls were bullying a poor girl. I didn't see her in the classroom so maybe from another class? What the hell? Why won't people help the girl instead of watching? Well, if they won't help then I will.

 

I marched towards them and grabbed the arm of the girl that was currently slapping the poor one. "And who are you?!" she yelled to my face. Wow, some courage this girl has! Getting angry in the wrong place.
"Don't know me? Okay, Lee Minkyung. Twenty years of age. Enough?" I said. I glared at them all, remembering my reason for approaching them. "And you?! Who do you think you are?! Bullying people whenever and wherever you want! Are you a queen or something?! Sure you're pretty but this kind of attitude you have, it makes you ugly." I raged. I grabbed the bullied girl's arm and brought her behind me. "If I caught you bullying her again, I swear you will see a flying hand toward's your faces!" I warned. They glared at me first then at the girl behind me. "We are not yet over Hyunhee, not yet!" she said and walked off with her minions trailing behind her.

 

I turned to the girl behind me. "Are you okay?" I asked with full concern. She has bruises here and there. How can someone bully such beautiful creature?

"Ah n-ne, I'm fine." she stuttered lowering her head. "Thank you for saving me."

"Oh, it's okay!" I replied with a smile. "So you're Hyunhee?" she nodded. "Don't ever walk alone! Now, it's breaktime, come with me. Let's go to the cafeteria together. I don't want anyone touching you again."

"Why are you being nice to me?" she asked shyly. I smiled again.

"Well, I don't have friends yet. I'm a newbie. Can we be friends then? I swear to protect you!" I said. That's it, I heard her small laughter. Why is she so cute?

"Really?" she asked in, how do you call it? Disbelief? Seems like this girl has no friends yet.

"Yeah, are you a newbie too?"

"No, actually, I study here for four years already." she answered. "And this is the first time someone asked me to be her friend."

"Well, from now on, you have a friend!" I beamed at her. She smiled at me. "Kaja kaja! Let's go eat!"

 

[Minhee's POV]

 

Wahh, was that a girl from my class? I believe I saw her in my class. Wait, she is. My memory is getting old. Was her name Minkyung? Goodness, that courage she had! No one dared to intefere Sewon's group before, based on my knowledge, even though I'm a transferee. Sewon is like a queenka and everyone is like so scared of her. I guess that Minkyung girl was a transferee? She has no idea what she did. But I envy her though, she so brave. Better talk to her later.

 

By the way, Choi Minhee, twenty years of age. I came all the way from America to study here. It's been a while since I last visited Korea. Maybe when I was sixteen? Well, it bothers no one though. I'm here to graduate in my country. 

 

I finally reached the cafeteria. Well, the place wasn't bad. In fact, it was better than how it was described. I can already smell food. Wah, looks like the cafeteria would be my favorite place in this big university.

 

After getting my tray of food, I decided to look for a place. Soon my eyes met the two familiar girls sitting not too far away from me. I decided to approach them. I have no friends yet and I swear, they would the first ones that I would like to be friends with.

"Um, hi" I greeted after approaching them. They both looked at me and smiled.

"Oh, hey" Minkyung greeted.

"Um, can I sit with you guys?" I asked politely. They both nodded.

"Sure! Sure!" they responded. I sat on the vacant bench in front of them.

"Hey, you're from my class!" Minkyung bursted. I chuckled at her. 

"Yeah"

"Minhee right?" 

"Hmm, yeah, Minkyung." I smiled at her. I looked at the bullied girl a while ago. "And you?"

"Hyunhee, Song Hyunhee." She answered shyly. Boy, isn't she cute? Why would they even harm such pretty girl?

"Are you....always bullied?" I asked slowly. She nodded.

"Don't worry, Minkyung will protect you from now on." I joked. 

"Only me?" Minkyung raised her brow at me.

"I'll join?" I asked. She nodded and laughed.

"Of course! We're friends now! Aren't we?"

"Oh, okay!" I laughed at her. Well, that was easy.

 

While eating, we talked about lots of things, in other words, we were getting to know each other. I knew a lot of things about them. Minkyung was more on composing and rapping. She said that she can't sing. As for Hyunhee, she's a multiplayer. She can do rapping, dancing and singing. If she's not that shy, she could be popular.

 

[Haneul's POV]

 

Damn it, how am I supposed to concentrate in reading my book when my seatmate is noisy as heck. But despite her noisiness, she's pretty cute. She is the type of a noisy person that is not that annoying. She's a funny person in fact. Not just that, I admired her rapping skills as well. The teacher asked her to rap a while ago and me myself, can't help but admire her way of rapping. Her voice was great too. I wonder how she sounds when she sings.

 

I'm a transferee and I have no friends yet, thanks to my snobbish attitude. I can't help it. I'm really an awkward person when it comes to people I don't know. I swear it's getting more and more embarassing so I just have to put a snobbish front. But I would really like to be friends with everyone here, especially my seatmate.

 

I just decided to try and focus on reading but my seatmate turned to me with her toothy grin. I just stared at her. "What?" she questioned. Well that made me slightly confused.

"What what?" I asked back.

"Oh, I thought you were staring at me." she shrugged. I nodded in acknowledgement and continued in reading, bringing my eyeglass to the bridge of my nose.

"Oh, I'm Park Hana!" she spoke, that grin never leaving her face.

"Yeah, I heard a while ago." I replied, not facing her. Here comes snobbish side.

"Haneul right? Nice name." she commented. Maybe it's time to smile a little? I'm being too snobbish. I dropped my book on my table and smiled at her.

"Thanks" I replied shortly.

"Can I be friends with you?" she asked, making a puppy face. "I don't have friends yet."

"Sure" I replied. Her grin widened.

"I thought I wouldn't have friends! My relatives would always tell me that I'm weird and they can't understand my behavior sometimes." she exclaimed. I just chuckled.

"You're okay, in my opinion." I told her. "I thought too that I won't have any friends too. I always have this snobbish front."

"Why?"

"Because I'm so awkward. I'll be awkward if I'm around people I don't know." I confessed. She patted my back playfully.

"It's okay, you have me now." she chuckled. "And I have you!"

"Hey, how about we go eat lunch together later?" I offered.

"Call!" she beamed. This girl never loses energy, does she?

 

[Hyunhee's POV]

 

Luckily, Minkyung unnie was able to save me from Sewon. If not, I'll be a dead meat on first day. Oh and Minhee unnie too. She is so sophiscated but she's nice. I'm happy that I already gained two friends today. Last year, I really was alone. Now, I won't be alone anymore. I'm suddenly feeling the emptiness without them. I'm suddenly missing them.

"Good morning class!" says our teacher as she entered.

"Good morning songsaengnim!" we greeted back. Soon, our class began. The teacher was discussing about the basics of music, like how it is always at the beginning of the school year. I wasn't paying attention though. That lesson has been going and going on. I've been in this school for how many years. 

 

Bored, I looked around and that's when I saw my seatmate, she has the same bored expression that I have. She has cold eyes. Maybe an ice princess? How unlucky. She's pretty though. Like how Infinite's L is. He has the cold appearance but he is handsome. This seatmate of mine is like a girl version of him. She reminds me of him. I hoppe she also got L's kindness. "Hi" I spoke. Maybe it's time to lessen my shyness. She turned to me with her cold eyes. I instantly flinched. "Hello" she greeted back with the same expression.

"I um...I'm Hyunhee."

"Jung Min-ah, at your service." she said. "Did I scare you?"

"N-no! Not at all...it's just that you seem cold and all." I explained. 

"Oh, my bad. I always has this kind of expression. Sorry" she gave me a small smile.

"It's okay" I smiled back. Phew, she knows how to smile!

"So, Hyunhee? Transferee aren't you?" 

"Ani, you are?"

"Mm, from Gwangju."

"Oh, then shall I tour you around?"

"That'd be great but no thanks, you can just show me to the cafeteria. That'll be the place that I would want to go to."

"Oh, okay then. Lunch break in cafeteria it is." I announced happily. She chuckled softly. She's not that bad after all.

 

[Minkyung's POV]

 

"Unnies!" someone called from behind me and Minhee. It made me jump though. We both turned around only to be welcomed by Hyunhee and a new friend of hers? 

"Oh, Hyunhee-yah!" I greeted. I glanced at the girl with her. Ooh, she looks cold. "Oh, and a new friend?"

"Ne unnie!" she nodded happily. "She's Jung Min-ah from my class. She dances and sings. Look, she's even pretty."

"Annyeonghaseyo" she bowed politely. Talk about manners, she got 'em. 

"Please drop the formalities." Minhee spoke. "I'm Choi Minhee, in the same class as Minkyung."

"Lee Minkyung" I introduced my self shortly. She nodded at me and Minhee.

"So, let's go and eat?" Minhee offered. The three of us nodded.

"Kaja! I'm hungry!" I complained.

 

When we reached the canteen, the others went to the line to get food while I look for a place. Every place is not vacant. Actually, there was a girl sitting alone on the corner. Should I approach her? Maybe I should. She seems alone and we have no place to sit on. Meant to be eh?

 

"Excuse me," I spoke. She looked up at me. "Ne? Can I help you?" she asked. I smiled at her.

"Can my friends sit with you here?" I asked politely. She looks younger though. But still, have to be polite.

"How many are you?" 

"Four"

"Oh, okay" she smiled and nodded. I nodded back as thanks and headed to the line to get food as well.\

 

After getting my food, I led the other three to the table I got. "Oh, another new friend eh?" Minhee said. "Hi!"

"Hello" the girl greeted. 

"I'm Choi Minhee! And this is Lee Minkyung, Song Hyunhee and Jung Min-ah." Minhee said, pointing at us. The girl bowed her head alittle and smiled.

"Shin Heegi, 17 years old." she replied. We all sat down. Me and Minhee sat beside Heegi while Min-ah and Hyunhee sat on the other side.

"So Heegi, are you a transferee?" asked by me. She nodded.

"Yeah, from Dongguk." she answered.

"Oh, then no friends yet? You seem alone." Hyunhee said.

"Yeah, but luckily, you four approached me." she retorted. I chuckled.

"Don't worry, you won't be alone anymore." I assured. She smiled at me and nodded enthusiastically.

"Aye, let's just eat shall we?"

 

So yeah, we started to get to know each other. Min-ah confessed that she has that kind of cold expression always but that doesn't mean she's cold. Well, I believe her. She has a nice personality and she really looks good! Like Minhee, when she smiles, it's like sunshine. She's glowing. Now we have two visuals in the group. No, actually, everyone in the group is pretty, that includes me.

 

In the midst of eating and talking, I saw two girls looking for a table. One with hazel brown hair and the other with specs. I stood from my place to approach them. "Guys, I'll be back." I told them.

"Arasseo" they replied and with that, I left.

 

[Haneul's POV]

 

"Hey" I heard someone call, making me and Hana jump in surprise. We both looked at the owner of the voice and that's when we saw a female student. She looks kinda older than us, if you would ask me. She was smiling at us. I glanced at Hana then at her.

"Hello?" me and Hana responded. I wonder what's her problem.

"Are you looking for a table?" she asked us. We both nodded.

"Ne, but we can't find any vacant places." Hana answered.

"But our place has, over there" she pointed at the table with four girls chatting. "You can eat with us."

"Really, that would be great!" Hana said.

"Yeah, I can also introduce you to the others. Kaja?"

"Arasseo" me and Hana trailed behind the girl and when we reached their table, we we're introduced. The girl who approached us was named Minkyung. She is an unnie. I was right, wasn't I? I can't believe I get to have six friends within the first day of school. I'm glad.

 

I'm really expecting that this year would be better!

 

What I don't know is that something else would make this year the best year ever.....

 


 

Woo! Done with the first chapter! What do you think? They finally met~ How precious. :)))) owell. Comment yer thoughts below~