First - The Bloody Mask

Bloody Love

One year ago.

“Yoongie, this is Jonghyun. He will live at upstairs from now on.” Said Im Yoon Hee—the landlord and also Yoona’s mom. “Jonghyun-ah, this is Yoona. My only one daughter. She is a 1st year student in Seoul High School”

Yoona stared at the guy in front of him and she admired that the guy is so handsome. He has black hairs, dark and profound eyes. Not only that, he has a fairest—almost pale—white skin which makes he looks like a handsome walking statue. She was observing that guy when their eyes suddenly meet and it makes Yoona looked away in a hurry. At that time, she realized that only Jonghyun was there in front of her. Uh? Is he alone? Is he going to live alone? I bet we’re at the same age… so Where is his parents? It’s impossible if his parents let their fifteen years old son to live apart and alone from them, right? Is he escaping? Running away from home? Hm… it seems like that…

“Nah, kids, seems like I should go now. I have an important meeting with some advertising companies. I hope you’ll get along together.” Yoona’s mom continued to speak while looking at her watch. “Jonghyun-ah, if you need some help, you can ask Yoongie, okay?”

“Yes, ma’am.” Jonghyun nodded his head politely. “Have a pleasant day.”

“You too, dear. And you can call me Imo.” Yoona’s mom smiled and turned to Yoona. “Yoong, ask him to lunch together. This is his first day here, I’m sure he still didn’t unpack all of his things for cooking his meal. Aracchi?”

Yoona looked at her mom with slightly protested in her eyes, but she couldn’t against her mom words. So Yoona just nodded and kissed her mother’s cheek before she off to work.

“You have a good mother…” the guy named Jonghyun commented when Yoona’s mom already left. “Is she really your mother?”

Yoona squinted at him with furrowed eyebrows. “What do you mean???”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulder. “No. She just looks better than you. I mean, she is a very warm hearted woman…”

Yoona stared at Jonghyun with annoying looks. “Yes, my mom is a very warm hearted woman and why you’re saying that I’m not? Did I do something wrong with you??”

“No. But your eyes did it.” Jonghyun said casually while putting his hands into his pocket. “Let me tell you, my landlord—or I can say ‘the daughter-of-my-landlord—I’m not running away from home. So please stop that blaming gaze in your eyes!

Yoona’s eyes became widened. How did he know what I was thinking about him?? “Yya, are you a mind reader??”

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows upon hearing Yoona’s question and in the next second, he is bursting out laugh. “Mind reader??? Hey miss, even if I’m a mind reader, I won’t waste my skill just to read your mind. It was written on your face and your eyes clearly. Every people can see it, you know! It’s too easy to know!” he was talking in the middle of his laughter.

Yoona looked away while pouting her lip. She feel embarrassed and annoying at the same time. “Then why you’re alone?? Don’t tell me that a 15 years old guy is trying to leave apart from his parents. It’s impossible!” she snorted.

“Oh, how did you know that I’m 15 years old? Are we share the same age?”

“Because we’ll attend the same class. Yeah I know you are the new student which creates a big uproar in my school yesterday when you came to deposit your files…” Yoona rolled her eyes. “See? It means we’re at the same age. That’s why I said that it’s impossible for a 15 year old guy who’s trying to live alone…”

“What makes you think it’s impossible??” Jonghyun’s voice turned serious. It makes Yoona turned her head at him and found that his eyes were staring firmly at Yoona. “Why I should live with my parents rather than living alone? I’m fine living apart with them. I’m good enough to take care of myself!”

“You don’t know why? Let me tell you, what can you do without your parent’s support? You’re still 15 years old guy. What can you do by leaving your parent’s side? You’re just running away without thinking properly. What are you searching for? Freedom? Happiness? Do you think you can get it by running away from them? If you’re thinking like that, then you are totally wrong!” Yoona stared back at Jonghyun with challenging eyes. I’ve seen so many people like him and all of them are just stupid! Later, they finally came back to their parents because they realized that life is not that easy as they thought. Tsk. They should learn how to treat their parents so well. They should learn how to respect their parents while their parents are still in their side…

Jonghyun let out a wicked smirk on his face when he heard Yoona’s words. “What a very wise words. So, let me ask you, miss. Are you already became a very good daughter towards your parents? Have you already treated them so well?”

“Of course I’m not yet. But I’m always trying my best not to ever make them disappointed with me. And at least, I’m not betraying them by running away from home..” Yoona said with sarcastic tone. Actually she’s not the one who always talked like that with people. She has been well known as a very warm hearted girl, a humble one. But the guy infront of her right now… how can he can be so blunt like that?? Why he treated his parents like that?? Yes, she can became very sentimental whenever it’s about the parents. Because she loves her parents so much. And she knows how’s the feeling when she lost one of them. That’s why she couldn’t bear if she heard someone was disrespecting their own parents. Just like the guy in front of her right now. He is just nobody without his parent’s presence in this world. He should be thankful to them. Not disobey them like that!

“Did you hear me just now? I’m not running away from home!” Jonghyun looked at Yoona with his icy gaze. “Do you think this world is just filled by good children and bad children? Good children if they were obeying their parents so well and stay on their parent’s side and then became bad children if they left their parents? Let me ask you, how if you didn’t have any choice rather than separated with them? Ah, no need to answer. I know from your mother that your father died two years ago so I think you must be already knew how’s the feeling.” He spoke in cold tone while his eyes are still locking at Yoona. “Then, rather than asking you that question, let me tell you one thing. In this world, every people have their own problem. Have their own destiny. Have their own path. People have to face their problem, have to follow their destiny and have to choose their paths. Right or wrong, it’s belong to themselves… and God. You may can judge me because of my decision of living alone and apart with my parents. But you can only do it if you already know the truth. If not, then you’re just turning into a stupid person. Judging, without thinking. Yes, it’s totally stupid. And of course, not wise at all.” He gave Yoona the coldest gaze before he turned around and left her alone. He was in the middle of walking upstairs when Yoona suddenly called him. He stopped but still facing back her.

“Then hearing your wise words, are you saying that you’re taking a right step? You’re doing the right thing? By saying that you’re fine without them, is it the right thing to say?”

Jonghyun sighed loudly and turned his body. “Yes. I’m fine without them.”

“No, you’re not! They are your parents how can you’re saying something like that!” Yoona raised her voice. How can he’s being so harsh towards his parents like that????

“So, are you saying that you’re not fine because your dad left you? You’re not sincere with his death?”

“It’s different! Appa is leaving the world peacefully. Of course I have to be sincere because he must be happy in heaven right now. And of course I should be fine because of Appa’s happiness. It’s totally different with your situation!”

“Who said it’s different??” Unconsciously, Jonghyun’s voice was raised too. Yoona can saw he was clenching his jaw and his hands. “You told me not to leave my parent’s side, right?? You told me that I should be at their side right?? Then what am I suppose to do, hm? Staying at their graves??? Is that what you mean????”

Yoona was taken aback with Jonghyun’s words. Her jaws dropped as she realized the truth. So… so… he’s… he is… his parents… Her brain went blank in a sudden. She didn’t expected the situation. She never expected the truth is like that. For a few moments ago, she used to think that Jonghyun is just like the other rebelling teenage who was hating their parents because they couldn’t get their happiness and the freedom. She just never expected that actually Jonghyun’s situation is worse than her. She looked at Jonghyun with guilty face. “F—forgive me. I—I didn’t know th—that was—“

“No need.” Jonghyun cutted Yoona’s words in a hurry. His voice is still sound so cold. “Yes, I’m just a jerk son. As you said.”

“No—please, forgive me. It’s because I thought that you’re the one who left your parents without stupid reason, just like the common boys. I—I didn’t know that… Mianhae. I was so rude towards you. Mianhae…” Yoona’s tears unconsciously dropped because she sincerely feel so guilty towards Jonghyun. He must feel so hurt because of my harsh words…

Jonghyun was taken aback when he noticed that Yoona was crying. He stepped downstairs and slowly approached Yoona. “A—are you… crying?” he asked with disbelief expression.

Yoona nodded weakly while wiping her tears with her palm. She looked at Jonghyun with guilty eyes. “Forgive me for my harsh words. You must feel hurt because of my words…”

“You… can cry?” Jonghyun still asked in disbelief voice. Seems like he didn’t aware with Yoona’s words.

“Of course I can cry! You might think that I couldn’t cry because of my rude act before, right? Mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae…” Yoona feels more guilty.

“Yeah… I didn’t expect that you even know how to cry. I thought you only knew how to let out many harsh words…” Jonghyun said with cold expression.

“I'm sorry…” Yoona said weakly while lowering her head.

“If you want to be forgiven, then I want you to do something?”

Yoona raised her head. “What is it?”

“Kiss me.” Jonghyun said casually, made Yoona’s eyes widened. “Why? It’s an easy task. Just kiss me and I’ll forgive you.”

Yoona stared at the guy in front of him with shocked face. Is he serious??? He’s not crazy, isn’t he?? Why all of sudden I have to kiss him??? I mean, is there any choice to be forgiven rather than giving him my first kiss???? Oh I’m going crazy!!! “I—Is there another choice?” she asked carefully.

“No.” Jonghyun shook his head firmly, but then in a second, he burst out laugh once again when he saw Yoona’s face turned pale and shock at the same time. “Hey, are you seriously thinking that I want you to kiss me???”

“Huh??”

“Don’t put that expression on your face. It looks like someone told you to do suicide. Is the idea of kissing me sounds so scary like that??” he asked while smirking. “I’m not mad with you, my little landlord. Truthfully, I purposely make you feel annoying and mad at me because I thought that you look so pretty that time. And I was enjoying it so much…” he winked at Yoona before he went upstairs. “Ah!” he stopped once again in the middle of stairs. “But all of the things that I told you… is the truth. So, don’t angry at me again. Because I didn’t do anything wrong, right?” he smirked and left Yoona alone in the terrace.

Yoona, who was about to yell at Jonghyun, hold back her words. Despite of angry because of being teased by Jonghyun, but the fact that Jonghyun had lost his parents makes Yoona feel bad and sorry at him.

 

 

 

After Yoona was done for cooking, she went up to the 2nd floor to call Jonghyun. She noticed that Jonghyun isn’t in the living room. Maybe in his bedroom? She thought and walked inside. There are two bedrooms actually in the 2nd floor and she still didn’t know which one that Jonghyun used as his bedroom. She went to one of the room and about to open the door, when suddenly she heard a hurry footsteps and in a second, Jonghyun already beside her, while his hands were preventing Yoona to open the door.

“Hey miss. This is my house now. And the room that you’re going to enter is dangerous for you.” Jonghyun said while still holding Yoona’s hands.

“Eh??” Yoona stared at Jonghyun with surprised face. “W—wae?”

Jonghyun stared profoundly at her for a while until his lip finally formed a smirk. “There are so many guns inside there.”

“GUNS????” Yoona’s face turned pale. IS HE SERIOUS??????

Jonghyun leaned forward to make their face close each other, and it makes Yoona’s heart suddenly thumped crazily. “Yes, guns. Guns to shoot your heart so you can fall in love with me, my Yoongie.” He whispered huskily with a teasing smile on his face.

Yoona’s jaw dropped upon hearing Jonghyun’s stupid words. “YYA!!! STUPID BOY!! AND WHAT??? MY YOONGIE???? SINCE WHEN I BECAME YOUR YOONGIE???? YOU JUST MOVED HERE FOR A COUPLE HOURS!!! URGHH!!” She smacked Jonghyun’s arms continuously with blushed face. “Go down ppalli or I won’t share the lunch with you!!!” she yelled before she rushed off downstairs. WHAT A BOY!!!

Jonghyun just chuckled upon seeing Yoona’s act. “How interesting…”

 

 

 

Yes. That’s Jonghyun. But then right now, even after a year Jonghyun became a tenant in her house, Yoona realized that there is only once that Jonghyun can be talked about something in serious way. That was when the first day he moved to Yoona’s house, when he was telling Yoona about his parents. And after that? Oh, he’s truly an annoying guy!! Let me tell yo—

“Good morning, Yoongie” Jonghyun, who just went downstairs, greeted Yoona—and at the same time, made Yoona stopped her mind-talking.

“Don’t disturb me!” Yoona, who was watering the flowers, glared at him. Today is Sunday, that’s why both of them were having a day off from school. As usual, every Sunday, Yoona will be busy with the home-activities while Jonghyun was busy of sleeping and disturbing Yoona--as soon as he wake up.

Jonghyun grinned, seems like he just ignored the warning from Yoona. He approached Yoona and stood beside her. “Where is Imo?” he asked with his husky voice.

Yoona glanced at him and found that Jonghyun’s hair is in a mess. Looks like he just woke up. See, hm? A second after he woke up, he’ll continue to disturb my life, until he’s going to sleep again! “Go wash up!” Yoona ignored Jonghyun’s question.

“I have already. And I’ve brushed my teeth too, of course.” He purposely exhaled soundly right in front of Yoona’s face. “It’s freshly mint, right?”

“Yya! Who told you to breathe right in front of my face????” Yoona yelled at him with totally annoyed face.

“Because you need some refreshing. And my breath is a refreshing for you, of course.” Jonghyun said with mischievous look.

“Shut up your stupid mouth and go take a shower, ppalli!”

“Arasseo. Arasseo, my grumpy girl.” Jonghyun strangely obeyed Yoona’s words in once.

Yoona looked at him in amazed. Oh? What happened with him? This is the first time he’s being like that. Did he finally chang—

“Ah, Yoongie. Before I took a shower I want to request something.”

“What is it?”

“Let’s shower together!”

...

“LEE JONG HYUN YOU PPABO!! SHOWER TOGETHER, MY !!! SAY IT AGAIN AND I’LL THROW THIS WATERING CAN ON YOU!!!!!!” Yoona yelled with the maximum octave of voice that she can reached. She almost throw the watering can when she hear Jonghyun’s loud laughter from the second floor. SEE??? SEE????? AN ANNOYING, LOUD, STUPID, CRAZY, AND JERK GUY!!!! CAN SOMEONE TAKE HIM OUT FROM HERE???? WHY HE KEEPS RENEWING THE LEASE EVERY MONTH!!! UNTIL WHEN HE IS PLANNING TO LIVE HERE AND DESTROYING MY LIFE??????!!!!!!!

 

 

Ah where did I left before? Let me continue to describe him although I'm so annoying to death right now because of him. Yes, that’s him. If you’re asking me who Lee Jong Hyun is… Here is my answer :

Lee Jong Hyun is a tenant in my house—exactly at 2nd floor—since one year ago. That was when he and I became a highschool student. Oh yeah, we have the same age. We even shared the same month of birth. But he’s 15 yea—days older than me (Well I hope it’s 15 years not days). He is my classmate too (Look, how unlucky I am). When I was in primary and Junior High school, I’ve always ranked first in every lessons. And I always tried my best even until now. But in high school, because of that stupid Lee Jong Hyun, I never get a chance to become the first in all of lessons. And it’s because of him. He always got perfect mark in every lesson—makes him ranked 1st among all of us. No, I’m not a person who was obsessed with ranking. If only it’s not Jonghyun’s name who was always right above my name, I feel satisified with my rank as 2nd right now. But it’s because the 1st is him and it makes me feel more competitive. Speaking of school life, maybe all of students—except my bestfriend, Kwon Yuri—believed that I’m his girlfriend. Oh my, I feel sick just by saying this in my mind. Yes, it’s because Jonghyun’s annoying act to me. He acted like he owned me, although I always ignored and sometimes rude to him, but he insisted like that. What a very stubborn guy. And it makes me have many ‘hidden haters’ in school. Wae? Because almost all of girls students here are his groupies. Weird, aren’t they?

And looks like he didn’t get enough at school, at home, he can be more annoying. Omma treated him like a son because he’s so mannered with Omma. Well, I think he’s very sincere. Maybe because he missed his parents figure and he found a little in Omma, that’s why he treated omma so respectful. But still it makes me annoying, because I couldn’t persuade omma to kick him out from this house. UGH! LIFE IS SO HARD FOR ME BECAUSE OF HIM!

 

* * *

 

Later...

“So, what did Jonghyun give you as your birthday present yesterday?”

“This.” Yoona pointed at the beautiful silver bracelet  that she was wearing right now. No matter how much she hates him, but the present is… irresistible. It’s just too cute for her to ignore it. And speaking about birthday… yes, yesterday was my 16th birthday… and should I tell you that Jonghyun came to my room exactly at 00:00 while bringing a big cake, a big teddy bear and this bracelet. Annoying of course—because I was sleeping joyfully that time—but what can I say? Even when you’re in very bad mood, but if someone suddenly make a birthday surprise for you, for sure, everything will look so beautiful in a flash…

“Omo what a cute gift! I envy you… but well, I still couldn’t understand why Jonghyun ignored all of his groupies and only put his interest with you?” Yuri—for the uncountable times—said while they were watching the drama in Yoona’s house. Every day-off, Yuri will show up at Yoona’s house and spent the day together.

“Ask him, don’t ask me.” Yoona snorted with bored face. “I just couldn’t understand why he live his life just to disturb my life!!”

“Yya, it’s not true at all. Be honest, beside he’s always teasing and makes you annoying, isn’t he the one who always right beside you whenever you need something and someone?” Yuri asked while grinning.

Yoona became silent upon Yuri’s words. Actually yes… Despite of always makes me feel annoying over him, actually I realized that he never left my side. I still remembered the way he always helped me. I remember the day when I fell on the floor because of doing a dangerous move for my cheerleader club activities. He’s the first one who rushed off and took me to the hospital—of course, while blabbering nonstop about how dangerous of being a cheerleader member. I also still remembered the day when I was homealone because Omma still have an important meeting and even he—Jonghyun—didn’t come home yet. And that time it was blackout suddenly because of the heavy rain and the thunders. I almost cried of afraid but suddenly he appeared in front of me, with soaking all over his body and clothes and hugged me. He said that he was playing game in his friend’s house when he suddenly remembered that I was afraid of thunder, so he came home as soon as he can. He even didn’t wear any raincoat when he drove his motor… Yoona couldn’t help but smile when she remembered it all. And it’s only two of many his kind acts at me… if only he didn’t make it so well-balanced with his annoying acts… I might fell in l—NO! WHAT AM I TRYING TO SAY??? WHY I FEEL THAT THERE's SOMEONE ELSE WHO FORCED ME TO THINK LIKE THAT... WHAT?? Fall in love??? No... absolutely no...!!!

“Oh ige mwoya?? What is he doing upstairs??” Yuri asked when suddenly there’s a crashed sound from the 2nd floor.

Yoona just shrugged her shoulder. “It’s probably him fell down from bed while sleeping.” She said nonchalantly. He always fell down from the bed everytime he’s going to wake up. Stupid habit of sleeping.

“You surely know a lot about him…” Yuri and giggled.

 

 

 

While on the 2nd floor.

Jonghyun was walking out from a room while wearing a black long coat and black jeans. Looks like he’s ready to go somewhere. He took out his phone and dialed someone. "I'm ready. Tell her to get ready too.” He said and ended the call. His face turned cold as he went out from the house. He then took out his swiss army knife from his pocket and make a long and deep wound on his left palm. He waited until the blood were flooding on his hands and went downstairs in a hurry.

“Yoong! Yoongie!” he called Yoona’s name. While his face is flashing an innocent expression as he usually put.

“Wae???” Yoona yelled back from nowhere.

“My hand is bleeding!!!” he yelled. Three… two… one… Jonghyun smiled when he saw Yoona went out from her room and rush off to him in a hurry—as he already expected. He saw that Yoona’s face turned pale and even squealed in panicky when she saw that Jonghyun’s hands is already full of blood. While Yuri took an initiate to find where is the first aid kit for Jonghyun.

“H—how can you’re bleeding like this!!” Yoona was about to cry when she tried to stop the bleeding on Jonghyun’s hands. “What happened with you???” she asked wiith trembling voice. “Oh, what takes Yuri so long!!!”

“Just accidentally being cutted.” Jonghyun grinned. “Yoong, how do you feel of seeing my blood?”

“What do you mean!!! Why you’re asking something stupid right now!!!” Yoona’s face turned more pale. “Yuul!!! Where is Yuri!!! You wait here, Jongie. I’ll take the—“ Yoona couldn’t finish her words because Jonghyun suddenly pulled her closer and wiped his bleeding palm over Yoona’s mouth.

“Taste it, Yoona.” he said and pressed his palm on Yoona's mouth. Forced her to taste it no matter what.

Yoona wanted to ask why but she suddenly feels something was changed inside her. She feels so dizzy, makes her couldn’t see anything clearly. She feels that her lips already covered with Jonghyun’s blood. What is he trying to do???? She wanted to scream out but she can’t. Something stopped her from inside. Something—or maybe someone—told her to open and taste the blood more. She tried to fight with it but she feels more dizzy and hurt. She tried to focus and found which one of her body was hurt so much. My throat!!! What’s wrong with my throat!!! She raised her hands to her neck. UGH! IT’S DAMN HURT!!!! She cursed in her mind while a voice keep banging, told her to taste Jonghyun’s blood. Her against feeling became so weaker and weaker. She knew that she couldn’t control herself anymore because of the hurt feeling that became more and more. She finally her lips and taste the blood. And… everything turned dark.

 

 

 

 


annyeong T.T

okay. I've to admit that my writing is so poor T.T

this is the 1st time I wrote a fantasy story and I know it will turn worst like this. mianhae T.T you must fee disappointd right? that's why I even didnt have any confidence to write it longer T__T it's totally worst. T.T

 

I'm going to cry of happiness when I see there are 35 subcribers already and 5 votes when I still didnt write the story yet. woah. you're so kind guys. I love you so much . jinjja. thank you. thank you thank you thank you very much.

forgive me if I didnt satisfy you T.T

 

if u feel unsatisfied, or have some comment, or anything, u can tell me guys ~ don't feel hesitate. just tell me everything that you want to tell me ^^

 

this story might only has two chapters and one epilogue... ~ well, that's my planning for now.

 

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYAL SUBSCRIBED :') AND THE COMMENT TOO :') AND FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THIS POOR STORY. THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU ALL. SO MUCH