The Note

Protect

As the next days passed, I could feel a slightly recovery. I couldn't stand up and walk for too long, because of my stomach, but I was able to speak now.

Panda kept taking care of me like in the first day. Speaking to him everyday made me feel as if I knew him for a long time.. He was so sweet and childish.

I was so worried, especially because my grandmother was all alone, with no one to help her.. He told me he took care of everything.

I wondered how did he manage to find out, but then, I saw my bag and thought that maybe he just looked for an ID card, finding my address.

He told my granfather that I was on a business trip.. which was funny because I was actually working at a cafe but his intention ws good, so that was what really mattered.

At the end of the week, I decided it was time to get back home. I took my clothes and dressed up slowly, then I finally got out of the room.

I kept looking for Panda, but he was nowhere to be found, so I wrote him a little note, thanking him for everything..

Once I reached home, I called my boss, asking him If could go back to work. When all that happened, I never got to inform him. He said that he was waiting for me to come on Monday.

When did I tell him? Oh.. that sweet panda.

Hahaha.. Why was he so cute?

Why was I feeling so weird?

I was preparing the drinks for the order, when my boss came near, asking me to make a sandwich. I looked at him surprised. I never let one customer's order deal with another..

Boss : "I know, but let me finish that. Go and make that sandwich and oh, a nice cup of coffee, like you always do it.."

Me : "What's with all this? Is there anyone special you're waiting for?"

Boss : "Just do it! COME ON!"

He patted me on my shoulder then exited the kitchen, humming. Now, he was quite happy. I took a cup and prepared the coffee and the sandwich, then I went to ask him at what table to take the order. He said that it was outside.

I got out of the cafe, looking for my customer. Strange.. there was no one out here.. I let the tray on the table, noticing a folded note..

I picked it up, unfolded it and read it.

"Hope you enjoyed this sweet meal! I wanted to treat you since it's my birthday.. Don't know if you still remember me.. Panda eyes? Haha.. Take care Minyoung-ah!"

.. Tao.. Huang Zi Tao.. how could I forget him? Even if 6 months passed already since the incident..

 

He was still inside my heart.