Behind the walls

Machine

14.9.4507 - Xiumin

Can you imagine what it's like to wake up all the time over and over again in different place. See same things and be surrounded by strangers ? You will hear same sounds every time and then they turn the power off by touching a red lighting button. It was 2482’s life. Well it wasn’t life. It was just existence.

"Can you hear me? Are you there ," someone was asked.

The voice was familiar. 2482 had heard it before in those many rooms where he had awakened. Eyes closed , he tried guess what this room would look like. He saw light behind his eyelids.

" Xiumin if you hear what I say then move your fingers so I know that you're there."

Xiumin ... Who is it. Am I... Xiumin ? 2482 thought.

Insteas moving his fingers he opened his eyes and lifted his head. He was covered by soft blanket, but he felt still cold.

" Ah , you're awake ! " a man next to 2482's bed shouted gratefully and clapped his hands togerher.

Xiumin didn't remember doctors who had taken care of him. Usually he saw only the eyes and no more , but in this man was something familiar. His face was full of wrinkles and there were deep worry li es on his forehead telling stories about his hars life.

"Last time was pretty mess ," he said and started walking back and forth nervously from wall to wall

What on earth? Xiumin thought and blinked.

"We have built you and others for over 10 years . You are the last one. We had to do a lot adjustments and corrections, but now you're ready," he said proudly .

Me and all the others. Built.

man's words did not make any sense .

" How are you feeling ?"

" Fine I guess ," Xiumin replied sincerely.

Eyes widened he slapped a hand in front of his mouth. I can speak! He looked at the doctor being amazed and happy.

"Yes you can. Finally ," he whispered and smiled slightly. He bit his lip and took out a small chip card out of his pocket.

" So far so good ," the doctor said. " So you can start training as early as tomorrow with the others."

"This little fellow here," he began , and showed a chip card , "this contains a lot of data. I mean a lot. You will get to know things that you don't now understand," the doctor waved the card in front of xiumin.

He tilted Xiumin head forward and revealed the barcode tattooed on the neck. Below it was a small thin gap where the card fit perfectly. Something clicked inside Xiumin and his gaze froze. The endless chain of pictures began to flow in his head. His body was like huge engine that drone loudly. Metal railings  scrunch by power of his hands. Pictures  gave him a road that led trough the stonewall. Mixed feelings filled his body. He was in the eye of storm. He felt fear, anger and jealousy… Saddness. Behind the walls people were running and crying.They tried to escape from death. All Xiumin could see was violence, fire and flames that swallowed everything inside them. Ash cloud grew higher and there was no rain to stop it.

Long high deafening scream filled the room. Xiumin was holding his head and screaming. It was painful to listen.

"Please, stop it! Stop it!" He cried.  Tears ran down from his eyes, but the man just stared at him and did nothing. Even man wanted to help Xiumin there was nothing he could do. Xiumin had to go this trough, but things he saw was a real torture. Everywhere was death.

 

Who am I? Where? Why?

 

"You're Xiumin and you have been created to protect our society. "



   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


 

7.9.4507 - Sonya

 

Sonya knocked excess dirt from her shoes to doormat and slammed door behind her little too hard. She was tired after a long school day and sleep sounded most temptive thing in the world , but she had a high pile of homework to do and final exams were approaching.

She threw homekeys absent-mindedly to kitchen table and they hit a package that lay on the table. On the package was name what was written with expensive ink. Ji Sonya. Terrible feeling occupied her and when she realized what the package was.

 

Matching test results had came sooner than she thought. Sonya grabbed the packet and tore its envelope with one movement. On the bottom there were two things – folded paper and shiny black square. She picked black square and watched it accurately. It looked really heavy, but actually it was almost as light as feather. She tried carefully fold it little bit, but nothing happened. It was light but lasting as steel.  Sonya's heart beat wildly as she folded it open and read the instructions for using

hologram message.

 

Sonya had seen once before in the past how the message works. Her older sister had got married two years ago and she received information about his spouse in exact same looking box as Sonya did. Sister had rushed straight to her room with strange face. She had shut the door and perhaps locked it, but Sonya had followed her and secretly watched the message from keyhole.

 

She hadn’t  heard what was said in the message, but she saw small parts of reflecting picture. It was a young man with a chocolate brown skin and strong facial features. Sonya’s sister had raised her hand and touched the picture of the man. As if she had fallen in love at first sight. Just by a picture.

After the wedding, Sonya's sister moved out from home with her just married husband. Government will decide not only husband but also the location of your home. Sonya had put on mark that houses never located too close to walls.

 

Sonya closed the hologram message inside her hands and felt it heating. She didn’t know what to do. The right solution was watch the message, but what she really wanted to do was run out and throw the square to river’s flow. Maybe it makes it easier you feel better if you view a message, Sonya thought. At least she would get some information and answers about this man, whom she would call soon as her husband. Then he wouldn’t be so unknown, Sonya tried to comfort herself, but throwing the square into the river seemed great solution.

 

Sonya walked into the living room and checked every room of the house to become insure that she was alone. Then she closed the curtains and sat down on armchair. Comfortable position was difficult to find because her palms were sweating and inside her head was pounding.

 

“Click the square and put it on something stable.”

 

Sonya held her breath when the room was filled with woman’s voice. It read a message what appeared in front of her as a hologram.

 

Congratulations to Ms. Ji!

 

You took part in matching test 20.8.4507. Test number 6302 was a success and we found right partner for you. Marriage can be implementationed 18.12.4507. This year tests were made 2,307. Females: 1250, males: 1057. Your test results are best suited with…

 

 

-          Do Kyungsoo

 
                                                                         

Thank you for reading! Please subscribe :3

♥ lulu2127