Chaptet 17

No More Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No More Dreams

Chapter 17

 

 

"What happened?" Hyun Soo asked when he saw Jiyeon coming back at home. Before she left for work he said, he will wait for her, but he didn't expect her to be back so soon.

Jiyeon slightly smiled. It was a fake smile. "Do Il sent me away. He said I should rest at home for this weekend." She lied.

Hyun Soo didn't notice it because another thing annoyed him. "So you listen when he says you should rest, but not when I say it."

Jiyeon almost laughed. "Are you jealous?"

"Why would I be?" He scoffed.

"Right. It's not like we're dating." Jiyeon replied fast.

"Yeah! It's not like you'd say yes."

"It's not like you asked." 

"Would you say yes?" Hyun Soo asked in a low voice, looking straight into her eyes.

Jiyeon stood still, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks.

"Did you just ask her to marry you?"

Suddenly the rest of the boys came in, without Do Il. Hyun Soo looked at them angrily. Because of them, Jiyeon didn't answer his question and it was killing him.

"Aish!" Hyun Soo hissed in frustration.

" Welcome guys!" Jiyeon smiled, it was as if she forgot and erased all her pain from yesterday. Was that possible? Was she that strong? No. She was fragile, like a porcelain doll. Right now she was just pretending to be okay.

Eye Candy was surprised to see her like that. How did she recover for less than a day? They all have doubts but asking her meant reminding her and they didn't want to do that.

"We bought a cake! And Ji Hyuk will make from his awesome noodles!" KyungJong said happily to cheer her up.

"I want to see the cake!" 

Jiyeon always loved sweets! She could never say 'no' to them. And now, a cake sounded like a paradise. KyungJong showed her the cake. It wasn't really big, but it was just enough for all of them. It was a vanilla cake, covered with whipped cream and strawberries.

"We picked one with strawberries because you had bought us strawberry milk." HaJin pointed out.

Jiyeon had almost forgotten those days. They weren't much in the past, but Jiyeon couldn't help but think as if she walked a thousand miles. Especially when it came to Hyun Soo. We all know how things started.

"Where's Do Il? Didn't he come?" Hyun Soo noticed his absence.

"We called him but he didn't answer his phone." HaJin said.

Then everybody started chatting or preparing to eat. Jiyeon was in the kitchen, watching Ji Hyuk curiously as he cooked. Meanwhile, Hyun Soo went outside to call Do Il.

"Pick up.. come on." He was talking to himself. The phone kept ringing but there was no answer from his friend. After a bunch of rings he heard that Do Il turned off his phone. After all, he saw his calls and didn't answer. He felt disappointed at the moment. The guy he called friend, the one he trusted with his everything, that guy was now missing. That guy was hiding from him, it felt that way.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter