Betrayal

My Handsome Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Author's POV~

Following under the king's orders, Donghae is forced to guard the king's chambers at night in case the assassin attacks the palace. "I shouldn't worry too much about Gongju. I'm sure she will be fine on her own," he thought. Suddenly, he heard footsteps. Donghae drew his sword, ready to attack. To his relief, it was only Minhyuk. "Easy, Donghae! It's only me. You can draw your sword down." "Oh, Hyuk! I could have killed you," said Donghae, feeling relieve.

"I heard about the assassin's attack," said Minhyuk.

"Yes. I was attacked by one in the forest. And now, I have to guard the chambers," said Donghae.

Minhyuk patted Donghae's shoulder. "Oh, Donghae. You work too hard tonight. I heard Hoon has invited you over for a drink at _________ restaurant. You should go while I stay here and guard His Majesty's chambers."

"I would love to, but not tonight. His Majesty orders me to guard the chambers," Donghae denies the offer.

"Don't worry. I will take care of him when he comes. I will tell His Majesty that I guard his chambers in the morning. After all, I am one of his trusted soldiers too. By the way, you shouldn't keep Hoon waiting," said Minhyuk, insisting that Donghae should go for a drink with Hoon.

Finally, Donghae gave in. "Alright. If you insist. But be sure you do your duties well." "I will, Donghae. Have fun," Minhyuk said, waving to Donghae. When he is gone, Minhyuk gave an evil smirk. "Heh heh! Just one more step and Donghae's position will be mine." Minhyuk walked out of the palace. The ninja guy who attacked Donghae earlier appear from above the trees.

"Okay. He's gone! Go now!" Minhyuk told the ninja and he salute. It turns out that the ninja was part of Minhyuk's plan to get Donghae betrayed.

 

{Flashbacks}

- from yesterday

Minhyuk was drinking a cup of soju when Hoon, a soldier came and sat down with him. "Hoon! What brings you here?"

"I just dropped by for a drink," said Hoon. "What's with the sour face?"

"That Donghae gets to that girl from the future every time. I got permission from the king to her but only until he gets back to the palace. Sometimes I really wish I can be in Donghae's position," Minhyuk explained.

"Oh! Let me guess. You want to be the king's right hand man like Donghae, right?" Hoon asked.

"Yeah. But I guess it will never happened," said Minhyuk.

Hoon gave a smirk. "Maybe I can help you get Donghae's position." Minhyuk's eyes widened and stares at Hoon. "You can? How?" "Meet me at _________ restaurant for dinner tonight and I will tell you my plan," Hoon instructed.

That night, Minhyuk went to _________ restaurant just as Hoon instructed. There, he saw a man in black ninja suit sitting next to him. "Hyuk! There you are! This is Dae Jung, one of the most skilled swordsmen in all of Joseon." Minhyuk gave a disgust face. "Hoon! What's he got to do with your plan on getting Donghae's position to me?"

"Listen to my plan first. Tomorro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter