Minhyuk's Request

My Handsome Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As usual, the city is crowded with people. There are lots of marketplace and stores for people to buy their stuff. I spotted a few men crowding in one place. "Place your bets! Place your bets!" is what I heard. Must be a place for gambling. Donghae took me to a restaurant for a drink. "It is very crowded in the morning," I said looking at the huge crowd.

"Indeed. People have to do their daily routines like shopping and buying. I bet your world is like that too," said Donghae, who was pouring soju from the bottle.

"Yes. But in a modern way of shopping," I explain about my world.

"I am curious to know. How does your city in your world look like?" he asked with curiosity.

"If I tell you, you wouldn't understand," I replied.

"That's okay. I won't tell anyone. This is just between you and me," he said, winking at me.

I took a sip from my cup first. "Okay. In my world, our city is filled with big and tall buildings. People not only shop for groceries but clothes as well. And our clothes is not like what the people here wear everyday. We wear modern clothes. Just like my nightgown," I began explaining. To my surprise, Donghae was smiling away as he listens to me instead of getting confused.

"Wow. You really are from the future. I would love to see those things," he said delightfully.

"You will love it," I said, smiling.

Donghae chuckled as he took a sip of soju. "Can I ask you a question now? How come you are the only soldier who can gets to do what His Majesty orders?"

"I am the king's trusted and loyal soldier. You could say I am also the king's right hand man. I go wherever His Majesty goes. I guard His Majesty's chambers every night. Whenever assassins come to attack the king, I would be there to fight. Of course, I am not the only trusted soldier His Majesty has. Sometimes, Minhyuk would be a replacement for me whenever I am out, running errands for His Majesty," he explained.

Just then, another soldier approached us. It was the soldier whom Donghae talked to at the gates. "Having a little drink, eh?" he asked. Donghae look at his cup and then look back at him. "As a matter of fact, yes. Shouldn't you be on duty protecting His Majesty?"

"His Majesty has commanded to see you immediately. It's about something important regarding about this girl you are with now," said the soldier, looking at me.

"I understand. Sorry, Gongju. His Majesty wants to see me now. I will come back to see you in the evening," said Donghae.

"I understand. I will see you later," I said, waving goodbye to him as he walk out. Then, the soldier sits down with me. "I'm sorry. I didn't get to introduced myself yet. My name is Minhyuk. Perhaps Donghae has told you about me," the soldier introduces himself.

"Ah, yes. My name is Gongju," I said with a bow.

"So, you're the girl whom they call, the girl from the future, right?" he asked.

I nodded as an answer. "I am really thankful of Donghae. He is a kind and loyal soldier I have ever met."

"Indeed he is. He gets to do most of the errands for His Majesty. As for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter