December 31

New Year's Kisses

I've never liked New Year's.

It's so depressing. Just a reminder that another unproductive year has passed. I am no more accomplished than I was last year. Just a reminder that I'm getting old and my life is still amounting to nothing.

I especially hate the tradition or kissing someone the second it becomes January first. Just by the whole concept you can tell that it was spawned by some lovesick couple who had no sympathy for unattractive, single, old women that no one wants to kiss.

Yes, I mean me.

Would it kill a guy to get to know me despite whatever repellant exterior I clearly possess? I swear I'm not as cynical and rude as I seem. I am more than a face and condescending retorts! Just like those "popular" girls are less than their D-cup s and horse asses!

God, can't some beautiful, tall, chivalrous, funny, intelligent, witty stranger see my potential and approach me?

Okay, so maybe I have high standards. Whatever. So does every other girl. I mean, old woman.

"What are you doing?"

I turn at the sound of one of my best friends' voice and sigh. "You wouldn't understand, Seungho."

Yes, one of my closest friends is a guy, and a rather attractive one at that, not that I'd ever say that out loud. Sadly, there's no chance of us falling for each other because we're basically siblings. It would be gross and uous.

Although I do admit there was a point in time--that is, when we first met in high school--that I had the silliest infatuation for him because he's tall, funny, smart, and handsome. But he also has an inflated ego and a healthy dose of sarcasm that matches mine too well for romance.

He raised a blond eyebrow. "Cause I'm not a girl?"

Why he decided to go blond is beyond me. He looked perfectly normal with black hair. He said he just wanted to try something new but I think he was dared. Lucky he actually rocks the blond pretty well. Attractive people are so lucky.

"Exactly!" I smile, glad that he understood so quickly.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say. Anyway, Rani's looking for you."

"She is? Why? I thought she'd be attached at the lips with Joon from eleven till dawn."

Seungho's lip curls in disgust at the mental image my words created. What can I say? I have a way with words.

"Just...go find her," he mutters before walking off while rubbing his forehead, no doubt trying and failing to erase the picture of our friends making out for five hours nonstop.

Overkill, in my opinion. If you can kiss for five straight hours, might as well take it to the bedroom and have some more fun. Not that I actually know how fun bedroom adventures are, seeing as I've never experienced one.

Which brings me back to my current predicament.

I watch the colorful fireworks explode into sparkling numbers in the sky. Ten seconds till the new year and all around me are giggling, cuddling couples preparing for--or, if they're as impatient as Rani and Joon, getting a head start on--the first kiss of next year. Soon to be this year.

And here I am, alone.

Five seconds left. People begin shouting.

"Five!"

"Four!"

I sigh and turn to go inside and wallow in a corner with a bucket of pity party ice cream.

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

Someone grabs my arm and utters a quick apology before pulling me in around the waist and planting a kiss square on my lips.

"Happy new year!"

Well, one can hope.


A/N: Hello again! Yes, it's a new story, and this time it's MBLAQ!

Apaprently, I had this idea over a year ago, but I completely forgot about it until a couple days ago, when my little brother reminded me. IDK how HE remembered it, lololol. Anyway, I liked the idea so here we are! I hope you enjoy it too!

Yes I do realize it's not New Year's. I just couldn't wait for the next one. xD

Happy reading!

Oh, and if there are certain types of scenes you'd like to see between the main characters (to make this a little mroe interactive haha), just comment! :D I will gladly try to incorporate your ideas as long as they fit the characters!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2014 by skyblaze208