Chapter 5 (FINAL)

My Art Teacher

Yongguk and Himchan both arrived at The Studio with wide eyes. Daehyun wasn't kidding when he said that the studio was packed, they even have easels propped up on the tables outside, one of them already occupied by a little girl who's being instructed by Daehyun.

They make their way to a blushing Jongup at the casheir's area and had them escorted outside where Daehyun was. 

"Yongguk hyung! Welcome back~ Stay here first while I go get your painting and paints." Daehyun said, making sure to ask Himchan what he'll be painting today before going back inside the studio.

Yongguk scans the area noting how beautiful the view is from their spot. His eyes wander off to the little girl seated on the table beside his, a bit caught off guard because she was already staring at him with a neutral face. 

Himchan, who's seated on his left looks on from behind his shoulder to greet the little girl.

"Hello, oppa." The little girl blinked cutely and waved her hand holding a flat brush. 

"Hey there! What's your name?" Himchan went on to ask.

"Soran." The little girl said without looking back and continuing her painting.

"What a pretty name." Yongguk said. He smiles at Soran and wasn't sure why, but it looked like she was sort of narrowing her eyes at him.

"Ahjussi, you like Daehyun oppa, don't you?" She asks while side-eyeing the older man. 

Yongguk visibly gulps a lump in his throat and smiles at Soran awkwardly. 

"O-of course I like your Daehyun oppa. He's nice and I think we can be friends." He scratches the back of his neck.

"Hmmm." The little girl continues to stare at Yongguk as if he had a big 'LIES!' stamp on his forehead.

Himchan, hearing their conversation, nearly fell over at how nervous a little girl was making his friend.

After a few minutes, Daehyun came out with Yongguk's unfinished painting and two palettes for Yongguk and Himchan. The latter decided on doing something abstract so Daehyun gave him a palette with all the colors they have.

Yongguk waited for his turn since Daehyun seemed to be finishing out Soran's small painting.

"There you go, hun. Okay, now be a good girl and go inside and ask Jongup oppa to take your photo, okay?" Daehyun carried the little girl off of her tall bar stool and escorted her towards the door. Soran glanced at Yongguk before pulling Daehyun's sleeve to whisper something to his right ear.

"Oppa, I think that scary ahjussi likes you! Tell him you're going to marry me, okay???" She says not so secretly and goes inside the studio skipping. Yongguk stares at her with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. Himchan spurts out his drink and laughs out loud at his friend's reaction and Daehyun's beet-red face.

Internally, Daehyun was screaming and flailing his arms around like it's no one's business. On the outside though, he's just a blushing mess. 

He tries to tell Yongguk the next few steps to completing his painting, but things weren't going as smoothly as he had hoped. Yongguk accidentally knocks over his paint cup and spills water all over the floor from his nervousness, Daehyun insists that it's fine while wiping off some of the water that spilled on his canvas shoes. Himchan practically begs to continue painting inside the studio where JongUp was and the manager had no reason but to comply seeing that the number of guests are now dwindling down. He's left alone with Yongguk and it was so awkward. It was now getting darker and things are still awkward between them. Yongguk decides that this type of silence isn't what he wanted.

*cough* Yongguk glances at Daehyun and sighs when he sees that the manager was observing his staff near the door outside. He fished his phone out and texts the other, hoping it wouldn't seem too weird.

To: BaeDae

Hey, can I ask you something?

Yongguk glances at Daehyun again and looks down at his phone when he sees that Daehyun got his cellphone out from his pocket.

Daehyun was taken out of his observing time when he felt his phone vibrate. He took out his phone and smiles a bit when he sees that the man who texted him was just a few steps away from where he was. He honestly thought it was cute.

To: BYG

Sure? : )

 

To: BaeDae

Did you mind what Serene told you earlier?

 

To: BYG

Pfft. First of, it's Soran. I don't think my future-wife will appreciate you getting her name wrong. ;D

 

Yongguk snorts at the reply. Future-wife? Does he have a toddler as a rival now? He didn't get enough time to complain when another text was sent.

 

To: BYG

And I don't mind. It's just a child's imagination anyway.

 

Yongguk stares at Daehyun and doesn't miss the frown on his lips after he read the follow-up message. This makes him a bit giddy at the thought of Daehyun hoping for something.

 

To: BaeDae

You know, a 'woman's intuition' can be scarily accurate.

 

Daehyun sighs and waits for the new message he got to load. His eyes widen at what the older was implying through the message and quickly turns his head to look at Yongguk. He gasped slightly as the said man was already standing before him, a mere inches away from him. Yongguk smiles, gums and all, at Daehyun and scratches the back of his neck charmingly.

"Umm...would you maybe be interested in dinner after I'm done with my painting?"

Daehyun moves his body a bit to see the progress of Yongguk's masterpiece. He beamed when he sees that there was already the man's signature on it. 

"Are you asking me out on a date, Mr. Bang?" Daehyun smiles full on and Yongguk had to restrain himself from kissing the man then and there after he was greeted with a blushing Daehyun.

"Yes I am, teacher~" Yongguk smiles back and moves closer to Daehyun until there wasn't any space between them anymore. He slyly wraps both of his hands around Daehyun's and stared into his beautiful almond-shaped eyes.

"CHEESY!!!" Himchan shouts, making Yongguk jump almost 3 feet in the air. He was loud enough that even though he was still inside the studio, they heard him clearly. They didn't realize that the remaining customers, along with the staff and Himchan, was watching The Studio's manager get asked out on a date. Himchan was even recording the scene and taking photos for future purposes but just couldn't handle his happiness anymore.

Yongguk, absentmindedly, shouted back at Himchan from outside the glass doors. Daehyun kept laughing at the sight and at how cute the other was being.

Daehyun kisses Yongguk's cheek and whispers an "I'd love to" to Yongguk's ear while smiling brightly. Yongguk stops shouting immediately and looks at Daehyun. He hugs the beautiful creature and hears cheers from the people inside the studio,

Yongguk was more than happy he listened to Himchan and allowed him to drag him out that night, or else he wouldn't have met Daehyun. But of course, Himchan doesn't need to know that.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Ha! It's done! It's been, unfortunately, quite my style to end my stories abruptly. I'm sorry D; but! I still hope that there are some of you who liked it. :') thank you for the comments, subscriptions and whatnot too! I'm just really amazed people would like this at all! You guys don't know how happy I am, really. TT u TT)