Don't Look At Me With That Angelic Face ~A Daehyun Love Story~ Chapter 4

Don't Look At Me With That Angelic Face ~A Daehyun Love Story~

Chapter 4

The rest of the day went by fast as the bell for the day to be over ringed. I gathered my supplies and headed towards the entrance, which this time I was taking the bus to get home, thankfully they weren’t here yet. Emily stood in the doorway and waved over to me. And standing on the corner, leaning against the gate was Daehyun, dressed in his dark military like outfit. So now he shows himself. I looked around and didn’t see the rest of his group anywhere, which was a plus.

“If you want to go say thank you to him, better do it now. But don’t make a scene.” Emily warned.

I took another look at him, his back towards everyone not seeming to give a care in the world. Taking a deep breath, I walked over I could tell that the students around me were talking about him and as I made my way towards Daehyun, the whispers quiet down leaving only the sounds of birds chirping in the distance. Emily was right; I was going to make a scene.

“Guys, there’s nothing to see here, you can go back to whatever you were doing before.” I sighed as I told them. The students grunted and turned away talking to their friends, some of them were purposely passing Daehyun probably faking to walk home seeing if they can see what I would do. As I approached Daehyun, he didn’t notice me, as if I was suspecting something different.

“Um…hi?” I asked him. His brown eyes quickly went up as he noticed that I was the girl who provoked him yesterday, his eyes told all as he sneered to the side.

“What do you want?” He asked me in a quiet, yet irritated tone.

“I know that we didn’t get on the right foot yesterday, but I wanted to say-” but before I could go on, he cut me off.

“What? That you’re sorry?” he asked folding his arms a small smile appearing on his face. “But I have to admit, that was a very brave move of you to talk to me like that.”

“You didn’t even let me finish!” I stated. “I was going to say thank you.”

Daehyun’s expression went from satisfied to confusion in one second. Looking over to the entrance of the academy to see that his group wasn’t coming anytime soon, he went back to leaning against the gate and got out his phone checking the time.

“For what exactly?” he asked with a questioning look.

“For…for…” I started to say, but he looked at me like I was crazy for thanking him for something I might’ve thought he did, but he might not have done it. “The note.”

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” he stated again.

This time, I was the one that was getting irritated. I know it was him, even though it didn’t have his name on it, the feeling in my gut told me.

“Quit playing dumb, I know that you put this note on my desk this morning!” I said showing him the piece of paper. “I don’t care what you think, or are trying to tell yourself, I know that it was you!”

“You have no proof it was me, I didn’t even go today.” He pointed out.

“Even if that is true, I don’t care what you think of what I’m about to say but, I have a feeling it was you last night and I want to thank you for what you did.” I sighed heavily and my eyes widened at what I accidentally said.

Daehyun smirked as he stopped leaning against the gate and walked closer to me so that we were almost touching foreheads, making my cheeks flush. The entire student body must’ve been watching because there was no talking for a while. Bringing his hand up, he snatched the note out of my hand.

“You want to know what I think?” He whispered, his breath lightly brushing my cheeks. Daehyun brought his other hand up and with several swoops he ripped the note to shreds and made the pieces fall to the ground. Gasps of the students can be heard around us as the rest of Daehyun’s group appeared, most likely they were behind me.

“Daehyun,” A deep voice came from behind me, who sounded like he could be the oldest in the group. “That’s enough, let’s go.”

“Just a warning; don’t get too close to me or us.” Daehyun whispered.

“Is that a threat?” I whispered back.

“It could be,” he answered. “So, don’t get any ideas.”

“I’m not planning to.” I told him back.

He sighed as our eyes met and I got a closer look and I widened my eyes. Before I could say anything, he went around me and joined his gang walking off just as the bus came. Everyone then came up to me congratulating me on how brave I was before they went off on their own or entering the bus.

“Excuse me! Best friend coming through!” Emily said as she tried to get passed the students. “Kelly, that was…dramatic to say the least. What did he say?”

“What else do you think he did? He acted dumb, but yet again, I didn’t say anything about him saving me.” I sighed as we both made our way to the bus, but Emily stopped me as soon as I was going to go on the bus. I looked at her in a weird look as she got out her car keys. “How come you didn’t drive yesterday?”

“It was a nice day, so I decided to save my gas, but since today is going to rain and windy, I rather take the car. Anyways, until you get a car, I’ll be taking you home. Don’t want any college drunks to try to get into your pants again.”

“Yeah, that wasn’t fun. Do you know if they are going to fix that college? Or at least change where their students will be?” I asked Emily as we made our way to the parking lot across the road.

“Not a clue.” She answered as we came to a halt in front of a new red Ford hash back. It was cute, and that was one of the cars I was saving up for. After getting into the car, I looked up and noticed that all of the buses were gone and standing back near the gate were Daehyun and his gang.

“Emily! They didn’t leave.” I pointed to the group.

The boys didn’t seem to notice us in the car, which was facing towards the building, yet again, the distance we were at wasn’t that noticeable. One of the boys, who I’m guessing was Yongguk was talking to Daehyun, arms flaying around everywhere, like they were about to get into a fight, but to our surprise they went back into the building.

“What…what are they doing?” I asked furrowing my brow.

“Teachers are still inside, maybe they’re going to tell them why Daehyun wasn’t there? You haven’t missed a day and they are pretty strict when people aren’t attending.” Emily explained as she started the car.

“Yeah, Mrs. Thomas didn’t seem to give a second thought about him missing.” I sighed as they boys disappeared in the building.

“Well, you know them, not a lot of teachers try to mess with them,” Emily made a point as we made our way out of the parking lot and headed home.

As I looked at the building as we made our way around the parking lot to the road, the same little bunny from this morning was on the side of the building, looking around to see if anyone was looking as it try making its way in a bottom window. I gasped loudly as Emily slammed the breaks.

“What?!” Emily asked, hands gripping the steering wheel.

“I see it! Emily, wait here!” I said as I got out of the car and headed towards the bunny.

“Kelly! Where are you going?!” She yelled from her car.

But she was already out of the car following me. I’m not going to let it get away this time. Thankfully the bunny was too busy trying to fit through the window to hear us coming.

“Kelly…what the he-” but I shushed her off quietly as I hid behind the corner planning my attack.

“If I get it from behind, it won’t be able to get away.” I whispered.

The creature was trying to go in the little window feet first and as it ducked underneath, it got frustrated as it didn’t get in. At the same time, I felt sorry for it got stuck and it fell to the ground on its side in defeat.

“Is that the…” Emily started to say, but I already started to make my way towards the creature. Making my way towards it, I broke a twig making the bunny twist around, eyes wide in fear as it struggled to get free from the window. It kept looking back from me and the bushes to its right. I could tell that it was scared, but why was it sitting on my window sill not effected that it was in plain sight of me this morning until I saw it? Although the creature was very alien like to me, I wasn’t one bit scared of it. Bending down to its level, I tried helping the bunny out of the window as I did so, it calmed down a lot, its facial expression going from shocked to confused in several seconds. I tried to lift the window, but since its feet were so big, I had to touch the feet so I could turn them out of the opening. Once my fingers touched its fur, it flinched and struggled against me which only gave more pain.

“If you struggle against me helping you, it’s going to hurt more.” I tried to talk to it. “Just relax.”

The bunny sighed and its body went limp relaxing against my touch. I turned its foot and with a small push, the foot came out of the window. I smiled as I saw the bunny move its foot and wiggle its toes. Turning around, it seemed to be smiling at me underneath the mask it was wearing.

“See? It wasn’t that bad!” I smiled back, but in one quick movement, the bunny made a dive back towards the window head first as it entered the building, the window slamming shut behind it. “NO!”

“What did I just witness?” Emily asked in the distance.

I got up from the ground and sighed.

“I think I just got outsmarted by a bunny.” I answered as I started to make my way towards Emily.

“That was no ordinary bunny.” She finally realized.

“Nope, but you know what we’re going to do?” I asked her.

“We’re going to follow it, aren’t we?” Emily asked sounding a bit nervous that we would have to in the building and go into possibly where students aren’t allowed.

“Park your car; we’re going on a search.” I smiled.