Not Just a Pretty Face

Love Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11th April 2014

I dumped my bag neatly on the precise spot I do every morning; just left of my writing table where my desk of drawers sit before pulling my chair out and shuffling into position in front of it. I glanced over to the right of my table where my pen sat neatly parallel to the organizer in front of me and smiled to myself, pleased at its order. However, my delight was short-lived when a stack of documents, neatly filed in a light yellow folder was flung in front of me, messing up the tidiness that was around just mere seconds ago. I gritted my teeth in anger at the atrocity of the intruder as I caught the neatly printed heading pasted on the top right hand corner of the folder; “New Expansion Opportunities”. Despite being partially impressed at the aesthetically pleasing organization of paper pertaining to my next meeting, the rude employee had to be punished. Who in the world had such an audacity to barge into my office so early in the morning? This has never happened before, except maybe for the occasional unwanted visits from my manager, Mr Lee.

Snapping my head upwards with my mouth opened and ready to lash out, I found my lips unconsciously pulling themselves tight into a smirk as I took in the view in front of me. How could I have forgotten? Blond hair smartly styled into an up-fringe hairdo, clad in a flattering body-fitting navy blue shirt and black pants, standing there with his arms crossed with an adorable frown plastered on his gorgeous face; my new secretary Lee Donghae.

“Well hello there-“

“Five minutes. You have exactly five minutes to get your to the meeting room and hold a productive discussion with your department on potential expansion plans for the hotel empire.”

I frowned at his lack of manners but could not deny that his sternness was a huge turn-on, looking at him take deep breaths in between his speech as a means to calm himself down as he glared at me with those beautiful brown orbs. Informality and impoliteness aside, he was indeed doing his job; I barely remembered about the monthly meeting and as usual had made no preparations for it whatsoever. I wanted to verbally protest at the harsh treatment given but found myself standing up and walking after my y assistant as I held the yellow coloured important folder and spotted Donghae with a blue one carrying the same heading.

“Are the documents you’re holding the same as mine?” I asked as I pointed to the blue file.

“Yeah, all the yellow files are for you and the blue ones are for me.”

“Why?” stupid question but I had blurted it out before seeking permission from my brain.

“Because we seriously need to get all your documents sorted out and we don’t want to have the same looking files and risk mixing them up as our contents will be different. Colour wise; I like the colour blue and the only other option I had for you was pink which is more suitable for girls. I know you’re gay and all but pink isn’t officially the symbolism of gayness, it is purple. And also, yellow definitely matches the colour of your mind.”

I was dumbfounded by his quick wit and skill to answer my pathetic question with such logical reasoning and I was starting to get a tad bit tired in trying to keep up with his fast pace. However, it wasn’t just my feet which were forced into an overdrive as Donghae launched into an unexpected brief on my due meeting.

“Please, focus on the meeting agenda, Mr Lee. As usual, we’ll be looking at potential business opportunities of which I have taken the liberty to print each and every proposal and file them in order of what I deemed as most feasible on top. Your colleagues will be presenting their ideas and the ultimate decision will be yours to take.”

I was mind-blown. I almost wanted to crawl under the nearest desk and hide away from the shame of not doing my job effectively all these years and having a newbie, a very hot one at that, show me the ropes. I was rather taken aback at his expertise and even wondered if he had secretly been working in our company for a decade already.

“Fifteen minutes. I came into office fifteen minutes earlier so I could organize your meeting materials. I think you should start doing the same instead of coming on the dot when your meeting starts.”

That marked the end of our impromptu discussion as we arrived at the entrance of the meeting room. I was engulfed in a conflicting emotion staggering between being in awe and ashamed as I watched Donghae walk in confidently, holding the door open for me, before swiftly taking the second seat from the head of the empty table and thanking the AV-technician for setting up the system.

“Looks like we’re early,” I smugly commented as I let my eyes fall over the empty chairs.

“Nope, for the first time you’re just on time,” my hot assistant retorted and I made an effort to confirm that statement with a glance at my Mont Blanc watch.

“All your staff have been used to you sashaying into the meeting room at least fifteen minutes late each month and have decided to accommodate to your lack of punctuality by turning up equally unprofessionally late but still ahead of you.”

I frowned at the remark but I knew I was unable

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter