Signing the Contract

Love Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6th April 2014

He drummed his fingers against his wine glass as he stared at the deep red liquid. Swirling his expensive red wine, the billionaire sat patiently in his luxurious chair awaiting his important guest. The decor of his study room matched his appearance perfectly, dark and exquisite with strong features. Mr Lee was a successful businessman, he believed everything could be settled with money and a little bit of persuasion; which was about to be proven correct yet again as the victim of his latest experiment entered the burgundy heavy wooden doors.

"Mr Lee," the young brunette greeted politely with a slight bow.

Mr Lee gracefully uncrossed his lanky legs and waltzed towards his guest, picking up the extra glass of wine from the table.

“Red wine?”

“No thank you Mr Lee, I don’t drink,” the brunette politely refused.

A subtle shocked look flashed across Mr Lee’s face as he took a closer study at the shorter brunette. Despite his young age, he showed signs of toll and stress caused by his immense workload. Beneath the brown fringe lay an attractive face, he had sharp features which would appeal to both genders. His confidence was however something to be applauded. Mr Lee had never faced someone with so much composure in his presence. Mr Lee had an intimidating persona and he knew it; loved it even. He basked in the pleasure of his company quivering in fear and anxiety under his scrutiny. But here stood the successful lawyer, without even batting an eyelid at his actions.

“That is surprising, a young lawyer who doesn’t drink. Here I was thinking that it was a norm that all the young and powerful loved indulging in all these sinful pleasures in life.”

“Not everyone is the same Mr Lee,” the young man retorted.

“Why don’t we get down to business? What is the main reason you have summoned me here to your lovely mansion? A divorce? A difficult business partner? Some illegal underground trade business?” the brunette was firm and direct.

 “You live up to your reputation indeed young man,” Mr Lee, impressed by the strong attitude, let out a loud chuckle.

“I have a proposal for you. I have even taken the liberty to draft the contract. Don’t worry; the conditions are in your favour. Why don’t you take a seat and do a thorough read?”

Mr Lee placed himself back in his grand chair while his handsome guest made himself comfortable in the seat opposite the large table. Nimble fingers reached out for the thick contract lying on the table and flipped through it with ease and full concentration. His eyes quickly scanned the pages, effectively picking out the important points effortlessly given his years of experience in the legal firm.

A summary of the contract escaped the lips of the intelligent brunette within minutes, “I have two tasks to complete within one year and my reward is fifty million dollars?”

“Your one year begins from the date you sign this contract,” Mr Lee clarified.

“I have two questions,” the brunette stated.

Mr Lee raised his eyebrow, signalling the man to present his queries.

“Firstly, what makes you think I will agree for your money? Secondly, why me?”

He placed the contract back on the table, leaned back in his chair and crossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter