Angel

Heaven
you & the Angel
7Cm0rJu.gif

“You’re not human, are you?”

A tense atmosphere was slowly starting to rise between them with Cheondung staring at Haneul who was gazing back with more fear and confusion than she had ever felt before.

“You have wings on your back Haneul, I know I didn’t imagine that and I know you saw them too. What are you?” The tone of his voice wasn’t threatening at all, it seemed that he was just curious. Cautious but curious.

“I-I don’t know wh-what’s wrong with me… Am I dead? Did I die?”

He could see that she was scared and a part of him wanted to comfort her but he didn’t know how since he couldn’t even understand himself who was standing in front of him anymore; she might look like the same girl he met two days ago but with what he just saw now, he couldn’t tell anymore.

He took a glance to the window behind him and saw that there was still some of the sun light shining through; turning his head back to her, that fear was still present in her eyes and it made his heart ache. Though he thought to himself that he should be scared, he wasn’t capable of that emotion.

He still felt calm.

After all, Haneul wasn’t menacing; she seemed to be more out of place now, than on the first day they had met, which made her look innocent and vulnerable.

“Haneul…” Softly calling out her name, he took one small step towards her direction, making her back away from him. “Step back into the light… I want to see you.”

She stared at him as she shook her head, refusing to obey.

“Please, do it for me. Nothing is going to happen to you, I promise.”

She hesitated for a moment before she turned her head to look at the sunlight. She slowly moved towards it and once she stood right in the middle with her back against the window, Cheondung could still see that glow in a halo around her body. In just that moment, the wings reappeared once again, bigger and greater than the previous times.

She looked down on the floor while playing with her fingers, afraid to gaze at him; in truth, she feared that he might reject her for whatever was going on with her body, she didn’t want him to push her away and abandon her.

He was truly amazed at the sight; he couldn’t look away as he felt himself being drawn towards the girl.

“You’re so breath-taking Haneul.”

He started walking her way without her looking up at him. Once he was standing in front of her, in that same spot of light, he gently cupped her cheeks as he lifted her head up and leaned in closer until he could feel her lips softly pressed against his, kissing her sweetly.

Slowly, the fear she had been feeling was washed away by the familiar emotion that she would get whenever she would feel Cheondung’s touch. Her heart pumped stronger against her chest as the spark in their kiss sent shivers down her spine making her wings flutter before having white feathers floating around them.

He pulled away as he leaned his forehead against hers and wiped away the tears that had appeared in the corner of her eyes.

“You’re not afraid of me?”

“Of course not. How could I be scared of an angel like you?”

“Why do you think I’m an angel?”

“I don’t know… I just do. And its not stopping me from falling in love with you.”

His last words took her by surprise and she found herself breathless. Once again, that shy man was absent as it has been replaced by the one that acted out what his heart told him to do; the part of his brain that would usually make him hold back and think things through was completely broken as his heart was getting better control of his soul, letting the rush run through his veins.

He pulled her back in as he caught her lips in a kiss that showed his passion for the one he wanted. She pushed herself closer to him giving him the chance to wrap his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly.

Feathers kept hovering above them, calmly and freely and as they did, they were glowing through the light of the sun making the scene simply striking.

In need of air, they reluctantly broke their kiss without pulling away from each other, as she was still in his embrace. She leaned her head against his chest, feeling his heart beat and smiled as she, again, felt it beat in time with hers.

From there, she could also feel something else; some kind of déjà vu about a similar situation but yet couldn’t recall it completely. “Why does this seem so familiar? Like it happened before?”

Her question led him straight back to the dream he had when they were in the hospital. He knew what she was talking about because he felt the same. The kiss, the hug, this actual moment; all of these were vividly replaying in his head as he closed his eyes finding himself back in that golden field with the wind dancing around their bodies.

“Maybe because it already did…” Opening his eyes, the sunlight directly in his vision, blinding him. He dropped his head down, nuzzling her neck. He breathed in deeply, taking in her floral scent at the same time and nostalgia crept back in; unexplained, but it was there.

That longing that was lingering inside him made him want her more, feeling like the moment right now wasn’t enough. As strange as it was, it was like he had missed someone he hasn’t seen for so long. That feeling of missing someone so much never struck him until now, until he had wrapped his arms around her figure feeling like the puzzle that was being created in the back of his mind was complete, that whatever pieces were unconsciously missing were back to where they belong.

As for Haneul, she took this chance to answer his earlier confession, letting that bubble of happiness speak out through her words, feeling like if she doesn’t do it right now, she’ll miss out.

“I love you Sanghyun… to the moon and back.”

Cold chills traveled around Cheondung’s body with the wind of the season hitting him right in the face.

With the days getting colder and their schedule getting busier, it was becoming hard to keep up with the constant change of weather, either here or outside the country.

It was only the next day when the sun was hiding behind the grey clouds, with the wind blowing strong enough to make his eyes squint that he could feel himself developing a cold, quietly sniffing from time to time; he didn’t think that today it would be this bad, which was why he wasn’t wearing a big coat making him regret the moment he stepped outside.

“Cheondung, are you okay? You don’t look so well.”

“I’m fine, just tired I guess…”

“I don’t believe you. You look paler than usual.”

“I’m fine! I promise.”

Still skeptical about Cheondung’s words, Seungho left the boy as he made his way to their manager, letting him know that something wasn’t right. A quick glance to the back and the manager looked back at the leader with a slight nod, understanding where this was coming from.

“We’re finishing up anyways, so we’ll bring him home to rest.”

A cough caught their attention as they turned around to see Cheondung with his fist in front of his mouth while hugging himself strongly, sticking his coat and scarf against his chest. While coughing, he could feel a slight headache and it was slowly worsening making him close his eyes and breathe in deep but it came up short.

“I think we should just take him home now, he really doesn’t look good…”

Agreeing to his concern, they both went back to Cheondung who had just let out another cough.

“We’re finished for today… We’ll get you home, okay?”

The boy hesitated before nodding his head, finally giving in to his urges to lie down and rest. The drive back to his apartment were filled with sounds of him coughing, making his headache pound stronger. He didn’t want to worry the others so he just kept everything inside, but he knew that at this rate, it wouldn’t really work out. It didn’t stop him from trying though.

Once they arrived, he bid goodbye to the rest of the group and quickly went inside the building while ignoring the pain in his chest and in his head. Arriving at his floor, he slumped his way to the door until he opened it and stepped inside; closing the door behind him, he leaned his back against it trying to take another breath.

“Sanghyun?”

Hearing her voice made him smile despite the ache he was feeling and seeing her walking his way, he pushed himself out of the entrance and walked up to her. She had a bright smile on her face and she suddenly jumped to him with her arms wrapped around his neck.

The contact made her frown as she felt the heat of his skin against hers. She pulled herself away and looked at him as she gently cupped his cheeks. She noticed the paleness of his face, the bags under his eyes and beads of sweat appearing on his forehead.

“You’re burning up… You’re getting sick, aren’t you?”

“I’m fine, I just need to rest.”

She helped him take off his coat and his scarf before leading him to the couch where she made him lie down. She crouched in front of him, on her knees and held onto his hand, waiting to know what she could do to help him. “Do you need anything?”

She saw him cough loudly and could see the pain he was feeling against his chest as a grimace showed on his face. “You’re hurt! Sanghyun, tell me what’s wrong? Please!”

Fear could be heard through her voice. Cheondung looked at her and tried to smile but the pounding in his head made him let out a low grunt as he placed his arm over his eyes. “S-Sanghyun…” With a cracked voice, she squeezed the hand that she was holding between hers before leaning towards him to place a soft kiss on his cheek.

Once again the contact of his feverish skin made her frown in worry. She stayed on her knees with her face resting on his chest without breaking her hold of his hand. She closed her eyes to think straight, trying to figure out what to do even though she still had no clue about anything.

Staying still like this, that same feeling of déjà vu was creeping back up inside of her; the familiarity of the situation took over her as she let that feeling take control of her actions, putting behind everything else as the main focus was taking care of her Love.

She looked up at him while gently pushing strands of his blond hair out of the way, wiping off the sweat off his forehead. Her gesture made him open his eyes with a small smile appearing on his face.

“I’ll make you better, okay? You won’t die. I’m not letting you go.” Even though she was still afraid, she put that emotion aside and got up on her feet trying to figure out what she could do.

“Sanghyun!”

The sight of her husband suddenly falling down made Haneul rush to him. She tried to get him back up but he felt so weak, it was difficult to fully support his body with hers. She placed his arm around her shoulders and led him back inside their house where she walked straight to their bedroom, making him lie across their mattress.

He felt chills running down his spine as a headache was starting to take control, pounding against the four corners of his head. A grunt escaped through his lips from the pain that he felt throughout his whole body, making her alarmed.

“Sanghyun, what’s wrong? Where are you hurt?” With a worried gaze, she gently his face trying to get his eyes to open; feeling his cheek against the back of her hand, she quietly gasped at the sudden heat she felt. Beads of perspiration were starting visible on his face, making her panic grow by the minute.

He let out a loud cough that hurt his chest, earning another one of his painful look cross his face. She quickly ran out of the room to get a cloth and a bucket of cold water and walked right back in, dampening the cloth with the water before gently placing it across Sanghyun’s forehead.

A small whimper escaped from him at the contact; the sight broke Haneul’s heart as she tried to hold in her tears, wanting to stay strong for him. She the cloth around his face before softly putting it around his neck, making sure that he receives the coolness of the fabric.

He still hasn’t opened his eyes and it made her worry. Dampening the cloth right back into the water, she placed it again on his forehead before getting back up on her feet. She ran out of the house and went straight towards the farm where she found her husband’s helper working.

“Go to the village and get me a doctor! Please! Sanghyun is very sick!”

Without giving a reply, he stopped what he was doing and quickly grabbed a horse, running towards the demanded direction while she went back to the house, trying to find something else she could add so she could fully help her husband.

From the kitchen, she heard another one of his pained cough and abandoned everything she was doing to run into their bedroom. The paleness of his skin was clearly starting to show along with the bids of sweat growing. She could hear his breathing accelerating earning yet another cough.

She dampened the cloth, once again and placed it on the back of his neck before getting another one to place it on his forehead. She his cheek and leaned in to place a small kiss on his lips.

Though he could barely have his eyes open, he felt her touch letting a small smile appear across his face.

“Sanghyun, can you hear me? My Love, please… Open your eyes.”

The tears in her eyes couldn’t be held back anymore. She was slowly starting to break down and seeing him this weak was making her feel the same. She kept her lips close to his face as she left sweet kisses all over him while tightly holding onto his hands. She felt helpless at the moment and all she felt that she could do was pull him closer to her, wanting reassurance not only him but also for herself.

“I can’t lose you. Don’t… don’t d-die on me Sanghyun, please.”

“Mrs. Park?” Hearing the boy’s voice, she called them out from where she was and soon saw him and the doctor. At the sight, the old man came rushing in as he walked to the other side of the bed with his bag placed next to him.

Haneul explained to him what happened since Sanghyun fainted. “I’ll see what I can do, if you could please step outside.”

She hesitated but seeing the stern glance of the doctor, she quickly got up on her feet and waited outside the bedroom.

The examination took at least thirty minutes before Haneul saw the doctor open the door. With worry dancing all around her, she tried to show some hope in her eyes wishing that the doctor would speak out good news; however, the look he was showing her made that hope disappear only to be replaced with fear.

“If I didn’t know any better, he has an infection in his lungs… Unfortunately, its a sickness that may not be curable-”

“Are you saying that he might die?”

The doctor hesitated on his next words but Haneul took this as her answer. “I-is there anything that could help him? Please, there has to be something! I can’t lose my husband!”

“It’s not my first patient that has this sickness, there’s nothing that can be done… it’s just a matter of time… I’m sorry.”

His words left an echo inside her brain leaving her frozen and numb. She didn’t realize that she was left all by herself standing in front of the bedroom’s entrance until another cough brought her out of her daze.

She slowly walked to him and changed the cloth, placing another one back on his forehead before it around his burnt up skin.

“I’m n-not going to let you die… There will be hell to pay if you leave, do you hear me? I’m not going to watch you die – I-I can’t… I love you so much Sanghyun…”



Dum dum dum! The finish line is almost near~ and who knows what could happen! :O, hehe ;)

For those who are interested, there's an alternate version that will be out soon called Black Paradise :3

 

Lots of love, xo

 

 
 
layout by dream_keeper88