Home Alone

Heaven
you & Home Alone
7Cm0rJu.gif

As they had quietly entered the elevator, the girl was holding onto the side of her dress while looking down at her feet to look at his feet and then back at hers; as for Cheondung, he was looking up towards the numbers indicating the floor they were on.

“What are you wearing on your feet?”

“Hmm?”

Looking down, he found her crouched down in front of his legs while she was playing with the laces of his shoes or either poking the fabric. She lifted her head up to look at him with that same curious expression that was painted across her face.

He pulled himself away as he gulped down, feeling the heat creeping back up through his veins from the position she was in, making him feel slightly uncomfortable.

She got back up on her feet as she stood in front of him; she was about to speak when the bell from the elevator rang with the doors sliding to the side. Cheondung quickly got out with the girl following closely behind him until he stopped in front of his door, making her bump against his back, face first.

“Ouch!” She stumbled backwards as she was scrunching her face while rubbing her nose to numb the pain. Cheondung turned around to check is she was alright and waited for her response; she shook off the pain and looked back up at him with a smile across her lips.

He quietly chuckles before turning back around and pressed the code to enter his apartment. Once he opened the door and stepped in, he looked back at her, waiting for her to come in.

“Don’t you want to come in?”

She seemed hesitant at first but when she saw him stretching his hand out, she rapidly grabbed onto it and pulled herself in as he closed the door behind her.

As she kept on walking further inside, something on the living room’s couch caught her attention. She shuffled her way through and crouched down on her knees with her palms holding up her cheeks as she had her elbows on the edge of the sofa. Right in front of her was Cheondung’s cat, taking a nap.

The boy watched her from where he was still standing; she slowly held up her hand and placed it over Dadoong’s back, letting her palm hover above his fur. She tilted her head to the side, letting it rest against her other hand while she was softly gazing at the cat, slowly approaching her upper hand above him.

Once she made contact, she gasped out in awe at the softness of his back; she turned her head back to Cheondung and giggled in happiness making him smile.

“It’s so soft~”

She turned her head back as she kept the cat’s fur; the gentle touch slowly woke the little animal up making her back away as she stumbled backwards and fell on her bum.

A faint cry escaped from her ending with a pout on her lips. Cheondung walked over to her and helped her up, asking her if she was okay. She barely nodded her head and looked down on the cat who was stretching out his body, now completely awake from his nap.

Without giving a glance up, Dadoong simply got down from the couch and got away with the girl following him with her eyes until he was completely out of sight. “Is it going to come back?”

“If he wants too… Hmm, are you hungry by any chance? I can order food if you want.”

“Hungry? How do I know if I’m hungry?”

He chuckles again at her pure innocence as he responded back to her question. “Your stomach starts to make noises.” He placed his hands over his stomach, making her understand what he was saying.

“Ah…” She did the same as him as she placed her palms over her stomach while as she pouted her lips, making them go left and right.

“If you’re not sure, it doesn’t need to be right now-”

“Are you hungry?” She took a step towards him and placed her hands over his stomach making him jump by surprise and looked down on her, blinking his eyes. He tried to formulate words but seeing that nothing was coming out, he gently grabbed onto her hands, catching her attention with her head lifted up to gawk at him, her eyes blinking as a naïve look was appearing across her face.

He pulled her away from his stomach as he was trying to avoid her gaze by looking down on their joint hands. She followed where he was looking and dropped her head down to stare at their hands, a smile stretching across her lips.

Before giving him the chance to let go, she quickly placed her palms against his, having their hands aligned without looking away, and slowly laced her fingers with his, feeling something warm crossing over her body. She bit her bottom lip as she looked back up at Cheondung who was having a hard time staying still as he felt the pace of his heart increase rapidly along with the blush of his cheeks turning into a deeper shade of red.

Noticing that she was looking at him, he broke their contact as he backed away while scratching the back of his head and coughed, making his way to the kitchen.

The moment he let go and was behind her, the warmth that she had felt went with him, making her slightly frown as she tried to comprehend why their wasn’t any heat anymore. She touched her hands as she pressed them together really hard but ended up with her bottom lip sticking out in disappointment.

With his back facing her back, he was leaning towards the kitchen table with his hands on the surface as he took a deep breath to erase the palpitation he was feeling earlier. He quickly shook his head before standing straight and turned around to see the girl sitting on the couch… still staring at her hands.

Just then did he realize that she didn’t remember her name; the thought hit him when he wanted to call her by saying her name but was left speechless. He walked over to his couch and sat next to her.

“You really can’t remember your name?”

She slowly shook her head without lifting her eyes to look at him, but stared down at her lap while placing her hands on her thighs. “I’m trying to remember something but my mind is empty…”

“Do you want to choose a new name?”

“Choose it for me!” She had quickly shifted in her seat to be facing him while she showed him her best smile, glowing in excitement. “Hmm, okay…” It took him a moment to think about an easy and proper name to give her.

Examining her, he thought about giving her a name that could represent who she is at the moment, but all that kept coming to his mind was the word ‘angel’, which brought him to the way they met.

“Haneul. Your name will be Haneul.”

“Why?”

“You fell from the sky, didn’t you?”

“Huh?”

“Well, I’d like to think that you fell from the sky, though you technically fell from a tree.” He chuckled as he finished his sentence and looked at her to see her expression.

“Ha-neul. Ha-ne-ul. Haneul!” She giggled happily as she kept repeating the name, emphasizing on each syllable; the sight made him smile before getting up on his feet as he made his way to the kitchen.

Walking to the next room, he heard his phone ringing and picked it up to see his manager calling him. Answering, he assured the man that everything was fine and that he was about to order food since they were both hungry and that once she’s okay, he’ll leave to go back to practice at the company.

I’ll pick you up in an hour then?

“Sure.”

He hung up and turned back to Haneul while he found her standing right behind him, making him jump in shock. He held his hand over his chest to regulate his breathing as she was looking back at him, an unreadable expression across her face with her hands by her stomach.

“My stomach is making weird noises…”

“I-I’ll order some food then, it shouldn’t take long.”

“Mhmm.”

After searching for the number he needed, he finally called and placed in his order all the while Haneul was walking around the apartment with that same and familiar gaze coming back. After he hung up, he followed her into one of the room she walked in and spotter her on her hands and knees watching his cat, as they were doing a staring contest.

He stayed by the entrance, silently watching them as he tried hard enough not to laugh. He saw her pulling her face closer to the little kitten until the tip of her nose was touching his.

He heard his phone ring in his pocket once again and quickly picked it up as he walked out of the room; it was his manager once again, telling the boy that he was on his way to pick him up. Just then, his door bell rang, announcing the delivery boy at his door and after everything was settled, he called Haneul out as he was in the kitchen and waited for her to come out.

When he saw that she wasn’t here, he walked back into the room and stopped in his tracks when he found her lying on his sister’s bed, asleep with Dadoong next to her. He let out a breath before walking back out to look for a pencil and paper to write her a note about his whereabouts in case she would wake up when he’s gone.

He placed the paper next to the plates of food that was laid out on the kitchen table and went to take another look on Haneul to make sure that she was okay. Walking in, he took the blanket that was on the edge and covered her body, carefully tucking her in. Once he was done, he quietly walked out of the room and went to his front door, putting his shoes back on.

He let the lights of the apartment on, in case that if he comes out during night time, Haneul wouldn’t freak out; though he knew he didn’t have a choice about leaving for practice, he wasn’t sure anymore on whether to leave her by herself or wake her up and bring her with him.

He felt that if he went with the second choice, there would be repercussion and trouble wasn’t what they needed at the moment.

‘Hopefully, she’ll be alright…

“Yah! Cheondung! You have a girl at your apartment?! When did that happen?!”

The moment he walked inside the practice room, Mir and G.O jumped on him as they threw him endless questions and remarks about what had happened today with Haneul.

“It’s just temporary, no big deal…”

G.O looked back at the younger one with a slight worry voiced out through his words as he stood next to Seungho. “Of course it is! I’m on Seungho’s side with this one… I don’t think it was a good idea to bring her home with you-”

“She has no where else to go.”

“When can we meet her?” Cheondung turned to Mir as he was sporting a small childish grin across his face, somehow looking excited for the newcomer.

“Hmm, I-I don’t know-”

“Cheolyong-ah, why do you want to meet her anyways? The police are taking care of her case and she’ll be gone before we know it.” Seungho spoke out with a hint of his stern voice to the young one, clearly not enjoying the reaction it was bringing out

“I want to see what she looks like-”

“Yah, its not use, okay? Let’s just get back to practice.”

After Seungho’s back turning on the two youngest members, Mir leaned sideways towards Cheondung, asking him more question about the girl. “Hyung, can I come back with you after practice? I want to meet her.”

Cheondung turned his head to look at Mir as he sighed, slightly bothered by his insistence on the subject. “Just forget about it, okay? She’ll be gone tomorrow anyways.”

“Oh Hyung, please~ I’ll stop bothering you if you let me meet her!”

Another breath out and a shake of head, Cheondung gave in to Mir’s begging. “Just be careful, okay? She’s… fragile.”

While they had their practice at the company, back at Cheondung’s place, Haneul was slowly waking up from her nap.

She rubbed her eyes open as she sat up on the bed with the blanket falling down her lap. Looking down, she saw the cat, who was still sleeping, and gently his back before she yawned out her sleepiness. She turned her head to look around the room and noticed that the lights outside the bedroom were on.

Thinking that Cheondung might be there, she got out of the bed as she grabbed a hold of the blanket, letting it trail down the floor.

Slowly walking out of the previous room, she bit her bottom lip as she glanced around and searched for him but couldn’t find him anywhere. She kept walking towards the other doors and stepped into the dark as she called him out, worry slipping through her words.

Backing up, she turned around and spotted the food that was placed on the table. Making her way to the kitchen, she examined each item that was presented in front of her until her eyes fell on the piece of paper. She picked it up as she blankly looked at it with her eyes blinking in confusion. Looking up from it, she made her way back to the bedroom she was in and spotted the cat on the bed.

Walking up to it, she crouched down on her knees and poked the little kitten to wake him up.

She kept on doing it a few times until she noticed him moving, letting out a mewl of annoyance.

“Do you know where Sanghyun is? Can you read that? Hey~”

She kept on softly poking him making Dadoong look at her before turning his head away, going back to ignoring her. “Yah~ Where is Sanghyun? Do you know? What’s that, can you tell?” She shoved the piece of paper in front of its face as she waited for an answer and all she got was the cat back on his four paws and turning around to have its in her face as he walked further away from her, settling at the other end of the bed.

“Why are you mean? Can’t you read it? Humph.” From her knees, she sat on the floor, tightly clutching onto the blanket to cover herself with it as she stared at the kitten, tilting her head to the side before looking back down onto the paper.

Shame crept back up inside of her with the tears finding their way through the corner of her eyes. She felt them roll down her cheeks and wet the paper making her react with a small gasp; sensing something wet on her cheeks, she placed the tip of her fingers on both side of her face and at the contact, she quickly wiped them away, making her cheeks turn red from the rubbing.

She had turned her head back to the cat, who was quietly his fur. “Can’t you help me? Sanghyun is not here, what do I do? Where did he go?” Desperation could be heard and seeing that she wasn’t going to get any answers, she got back up on her feet and walked out  of the bedroom.

She called him out a few times through out the rest of the apartment and heard nothing but the silence floating around her. She shuffled her way to the main door and tried opening it but was left stuck making panic grow inside of her.

“Why did he leave me? Did I do something wrong? Does he hate me?”

The tears came back and this time she let them stain her cheeks. She aimlessly walked around the apartment with the blanket tightly stuck around her. Not knowing what to do, she went back to the bedroom and climbed back up on the bed as she hid herself under the covers, finally breaking down.

“Cheondung, did you tell her that you might be late today?”

“She was asleep when I left, so I wrote her a message in case she wakes up before I’m back home.”

“Hmm… Cheondung?”

“Yea?”

“She doesn’t seem to be very bright, do you really think she knows how to read?”

On their break from practice, the boys were spread out on the floor catching up their breath when the sudden remark coming from one of the members froze Cheondung on the spot, almost spitting out his sip of water.

“Damn it!”

 
 
 
layout by dream_keeper88