jealousy

Maybe we're not so different

So to clarify who Jong Suk is, he is Pinocchio’s Lee Jong Suk, the one everyone thinks is dating Park Shin Hye. In the past Hyoyeon and him were very close friends, so there is your answer hailey7349!

 


 

I'll be here giving it my best shot, baby, your love's got more than I need.

 

"Best Shot" - Birdy

 


 

 

Hyoyeon

 

I hummed to ‘Growl’ and watched my coffee lose it’s steam in front of me. I waited in a booth on a corner of my favorite coffee shop for Jong Suk to show up. I had called in sick for rehearsals not wanting to help Yuri or see her flirt with Taeyang in front of me. I know it will hurt more than it should.

 

‘They should be starting by now’ I thought. It was already 7:30am, and we usually started on time. Min, Minzy, and Chaerin would come by later in order to take care of me since all the members except Taeyeon would be returning late from their schedules. In which I’m glad, I need to let out what has happened to me these last two days.

 

I hear the shop’s door open and I peer out of the booth. A figure in a trench coat and scarf walked in. I immediately recognize Jong Suk because that scarf was the same one I had given him for his birthday two years ago.

 

“Annyeong,” He sits in front of me. “I’m surprised you’ve called, it’s almost like you had forgotten me.”

 

“Mianhe, I’ve been busy with practice for MAMA. Here,” I grabbed a frozen latte with extra foam and caramel that sat beside my coffee. “I know you love this.”

 

“Gomawo, this should make up for waking me so early on my day off.” He reached for it.

 

“Mianhe once again, I just needed to talk to you, It’s been a while.” I smiled.

 

He smiles back and sips from his drink. We stay silent for a while. Comfortable not awkward, that’s what I’ve always enjoyed of our talks. We didn't have to say anything, just sit and enjoy the peace in quiet.

 

He sighs and shifts in his seat. Placing his elbows on the table and hands on his jaw. “So, tell me, what’s wrong?”

 

“I’ve been thinking, what if I die as a lonely cat-loving ahjumma?”

 

“Chincha, this is what you call me for?” He sits back and shakes his head in disappointment.

 

“Yah! You’re the one who complained we haven’t seen each other!”

 

“But you call me for something like this,” He sighs and laughs. “Well, at least you’ll be a pretty lonely, cat loving ahjumma.”

 

I lean in to hit him, but he was faster than I was and slapped my hand away. ‘Too slow, babo.” He laughs again. I lean back and laugh too, I missed him. "Wae!? Aren't I right?!"

 

"On the pretty part, not the lonely cat- loving ahjumma!!" I protest.

 

 

“But don’t you like dogs?”

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot.” I scratched my head.

 

“Alright, spill it. I know this is more that being a dog lover.”

 

I sigh and look into his eyes. I tear up and I tell him everything. From reuniting with Taeyang, to the dancing, compliments, Yuri, her confession, and her wanting me to help her gain his feelings.

 

He listens carefully, never interrupting me. Even though I’m on the verge of hitting something in frustration. I can’t help but be honest with him. He’s always had this effect on me.

 

“Okay, so just decline.”

 

“I can’t,” I looked down to my hands that were folded neatly on my lap. “She is my friend and she doesn’t know I like him too. Plus she already called dibs.”

 

“I see, well then tell her!”

 

“I can’t, what kind of friend would I be if I went after her man!” I raised my arms in frustration.

 

“Technically he is not her man, they aren't even dating.” He pointed out. “Plus you need to build your courage. I’m not close to Yuri, but even I would fall for her charisma and iness.”

 

“MORAGO!” I yelled. The girl at the counter looked over and I hid behind Jong Suk. “How can you say that, you’re suppose to be supporting and giving me the best advice a male can give to his female love yearning friend!”

 

He laughs out loud and coffee spills out of his nose. “Ew, shiman!!”

 

He wipes the coffee away and tries to stop laughing. “Mian, it’s just you are so hilarious!”

 

“I’m glad my love life amuses you.” I cross my arms over my chest and pout.

 

“Anyway,” he says. “lf anyone is suppose to choose it’s Taeyang. He’s the one who has to decide who he wants to be with. If approaching him is complicated then let fate take it’s course.”

 

I nodded in defeat. It really is the only thing I could do. "Hyo, you are a headturner. Don't be worried. If he doesn't like you then he'll miss out on a wonderful person!"

 

I smile and sigh. "You're right."

 

"On the 'headturner part' or 'wonderful person?"

 

"Both, of course."

 

 

He laughs and shakes his head.

 

“Now, can you make me choco pancakes!” He grins. “Yours are the best!”

 

“Shiro!”

 

“Yah! You brat I am older than you. Listen to your Oppa!” He backhands my head.

 

“Ow, that hurt!” I my head. “And your only older by a few days!”

 

But I agreed anyway. “Kaja, let’s make them.”

 

 


 

 

Once we were at the dorm, I started immediately. I made him his pancakes and we talked a bit more in the comfort and safety of the dorm. We were currently watching a movie when my eyes slowly started to close and then it all went black.

 


 

 

Jong Suk

 

As I watched the movie I felt something fall on my shoulders. It was Hyoyeon and she had fallen asleep.

 

Poor Hyo. She finally decides to pursue her love and now she is hurting. I stared at her beautiful plump lips, her outline of her closed almond eyes, and her beautiful long hair that fell over my shoulder.

 

Yes, I loved her. For years I loved her, and for years I kept my love in the dark. She saw me too much as an older brother and I knew that even back then she wouldn’t accept my love and nonetheless now.  She had Taeyang in her heart and I was no one to not persuade her to fight for her love.

 

But why shouldn’t I fight for her.

 

No, I should stop.

 

She’ll never love me the way I want her too.

 

 


 

 

Taeyeon

 

I was climbing off the van when I spotted Min, Minzy, Yuri, and Taeyang. They were walking this way and they saw me.

 

“Unnie!” Yuri ran to me. “Did you know Hyo was sick?”

 

“Mwo!? She’s sick?”

 

“Yes, she called in. They came to visit her.” She pointed at the trio.

 

“Oh, okay, well let’s go!” They followed me upstairs. Yuri sounding really concerned for Hyoyeon. But I saw how close she was to Taeyang. When no one was watching, I winked at her in encouragement.  It made me happy she had found love.

 

We reach the dorm and I open the door. What we walk in and see was nothing I expected.

 

 


 

 

Taeyang

 

I had agreed to come and visit Hyoyeon since we were told she was sick. I was worried since we had spent all last night together. I was happy we had done so, she was fun and I admired her so much, for some reason she made me happy and I was so drugged up with her. Wait? What am I thinking, she is just a friend. That’s it.

 

We entered the dorm and my heart fell out of my chest at the scene.

 

Hyoyeon was sleeping on a man’s shoulder.

 

And he too was sleeping, his head resting on her own.

 

I clenched my fist and a wave of jealousy came over me.

 

These are not feelings I should have for someone who is just a friend.

 

And I left.

 


 

 

A/N: Whoo! Two chapters in a row Anyway, thanks for the support and any questions? Comment and hope you upvote and subscribe!


Saranghae~

lee-jong-suk-hyoyeon-snsd-past-photo-cau