Chapter 2

In Your Eyes

“Kimmy! Will you please stop crying? That man doesn’t even deserve your tears. Inuntog ka na pala eh! Tama na!” Mel, pleaded.

 

Mel has been a witness of the love story of her best friend. From the start, she knows that Gerald really doesn’t deserve the love Kim gives to him. Yes, Gerald loves Kim. But he doesn’t know how to prioritize things and he does not give importance to all good things left for him.

 

Four years of relationship full of love and sacrifices. That’s how Kim would describe her memories with Gerald. She was so in love with this man.

He was her first love.

All these she’s feeling right now are new to her. And she doesn’t know how to start a new life… Without him.

Though at times, they fight, they always find a way to get back to each other’s arms. Kim will always be the first one to patch things up with her boyfriend whenever they had fights.

And Gerald, when he has done terrible things to Kim, would come up with surprise flowers and chocolates for her girlfriend to make things up for her… And that’s how easy Kim forgives him.

But now, there’s no more flowers and chocolates for Kim. No more talks and explanations. Gerald has ended it all and left her really broken.

 

“Pare, gusto ko siyang puntahan. Gusto ko siya icomfort. Ilang araw na ko di makatulog kakaisip sa kanya. Kung okay ba siya” Gerald told his friend, Carl.

“Bro, sa tingin mo ba after you broker her heart, okay siya ngayon? And do you think pag pinuntahan mo siya, she’ll feel better?”

Gerald stared nowhere

 “Ge, did you really love her? Bro, she’s the girl of every man’s dream. Beautiful, y and intelligent. What more could you ask for?” Carl continued

“Bro, I loved her. And I still love her. Hindi ko lang kaya na nakikita siyang paulit ulit na nasasaktan dahil sa akin. Dahil sa immaturities ko. She’s the only girl na nakasama ko ng pinakamatagal na panahon. You know how a bad boy I was before. And Kim really changed me for the better. She’s the sweetest, most loving and caring person I have ever met. God, I miss her.” Gerald shed small amount of tears

“Then go. Go and comfort her. Go make things more complicated for her so you’ll feel less guilty about hurting her.” Carl said

 

 

“Kimmy, where have you been? Tita called and she’s looking for you.” Mel said

“Mel, I need to tell you something.” Kim weakly said

“Ano ba nangyari sa yo? Di ba may review ka pa bukas?

“Mel, I’m pregnant.”