Final

Just for Luhan

It was a very tiring day for the six boys. They had just flown to China to record their first ever performance of their new track, Overdose, at Global Chinese Music. It was a new TV program and being the sensation Exo-M was, of course they were expected to perform there.

 

They had finally finished the recording and are now heading back to the hotel where they are staying in.

"Tao, are you feeling okay?" Suho asked as he went to walk with Tao.

The maknae had a really high fever earlier and he looked really out of it during the interview back at the studio. The members and even the PD had already advised him not to do the backflip at the end of the performance but he still insisted otherwise.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better than awhile ago. Just a bit dizzy."

"Good. Sleep immediately once we get back, okay?" Minseok reminded.

The younger rolled his eyes jokingly. "Yes hyung."

Tao may not show it, but he absolutely loves his caring hyungs. Even if they’re a little bit too annoying sometimes.

 

As the boys got to their hotel, their manager gave out the room assignments.

"Since one room can only accommodate three persons, we'll have to split you guys. Tao, Yifan and Luhan, you stay at Room 5049." he said and handed the key card to Yifan.

"Then Yixing, Jongdae and Minseok, Room 5060."

"Eh? Why is their room so far?" Luhan protested. Yifan chuckled at his reaction.

"Why? Are you planning to sneak into Minseok's bed tonight?" the tall guy teased. Luhan's eyes widened at his comment and immediately replied.

"No, no! I was just wondering why..."

Jongdae looked up from his phone and added, "Sorry hyung, I'll be beside Minseok hyung so you can't come in later tonight."

The other boys snickered at the comment while Luhan walked up to Jongdae and poked his side hard.

"Ow!" the younger cried out.

"Ya! Do you want to die or what?!" That made the others laugh even more, with the exception of Minseok who was busy playing Bung Bung Bung on his phone.

"Hey, hey. Cut that out. Go and get some rest because you have a concert tomorrow. Minseok, I’ll ring you at 7 am to wake the others up, okay?”

Minseok was still oblivious of his surroundings and was glued to his phone. The boy never really talks that much, except when Luhan or Jongdae is bugging him, which is most of the time.

“Oi! Earth to Minseok hyung!” Yixing said.

The older finally takes his eyes away from his phone. “Huh?”

“Aigoo, hyung. Let’s just go to the room now, shall we?” Jongdae wraps an arm around the older and leads him to their room, but not after he wiggles an eyebrow teasingly at Luhan. The said boy scowls and tries to keep in a strangled whine. Jongdae can be overly annoying at times, Luhan thinks. No, wait, he is annoying all the time. Always trying to piss him off by sticking to Minseok like a leech. And it’s ticking Luhan off. Why do they have to be room mates? The boy will probably pester his Minseok the whole night. This makes Luhan scowl even more.

 

“Goodnight Minseok!” Luhan calls out to get the latter’s attention.

Minseok turns his head and smiles, “Goodnight, Luhan.” The boy’s annoyance at Jongdae lessens because of the simple greeting, and he smiles back.

Behind Luhan, Yifan and Tao are snickering and rolling their eyes.

“Gee, lover boy. Tao and I might just lock you outside the room.” Yifan comments.

“What?” Luhan asks, confused.

“We don’t want ourselves rooming with a whipped Luhan, do we?” Tao replies.

The older smacks the younger in an attempt to hide his embarrassment. Luhan is not whipped, he thinks to himself. Is he? Whatever, he sure that Tao and Yifan are probably going to flirt with each other until dawn anyway so he’s better off outside the room.

 

-

 

A little while later, Luhan is still awake in front of his laptop. He’s been trying to memorize the Chinese lyrics of Overdose because he seems to forget his lines at times. Tao and Yifan went out to “buy some drinks”, as they said. Luhan thinks they went somewhere private to do their thing. Thirty minutes have passed and he decides to rest because it’s his big day tomorrow, plus, they were going to perform at some event.

 

Meanwhile in Room 5060, Jongdae is trying to enclose his hyung into a hug.

“Hyung~ come here.” He says cutely as he calls Minseok.

Minseok rolls farther to the other end of the bed in an attempt to escape Jongdae.

Seriously, what is with this kid? The older has never been much of a touchy person and he certainly doesn’t like it when others try to initiate skinship. Except for one particular person.

Minseok grabs a pillow and puts it in between him and Jongdae. “Why don’t you go to Yixing’s bed? I’m sure he wants a hug too.” The older says nicely.

“But I want to hug Minseok hyung more.” Jongdae whines.

Oh god, Minseok thinks. He probably going to go crazy if he doesn’t get out of this room. Thankfully, Yixing saves Minseok from the youngest.

“Ya, Jongdae! Will you leave hyung alone?” he says as he throws a pillow at the younger’s head. It hits him hard and his face is smacked against the sheets. Minseok tries to stifle a laugh.

“What the hell?” cries the younger.

“Get up from there and let’s go. We need to prepare the stuff for Lu-ge, right Minseok hyung?” Yixing says.

Minseok nods a little too enthusiastically. “Yes, yes. He’s right. So you two go on ahead and I’ll see you later, okay?”

Jongdae pouts a little as Yixing pulls him up from the bed and leads him to the door.

“Bye hyung!” Jongdae waves at the older.

“Bye.”

 

Finally, Minseok thinks. He’s alone and can finally get some rest. He surely needs some for tomorrow…

 

-

 

It’s already midnight and four boys are scampering out in the hallways. The tall boy with the grayish-white hair is carrying a round chocolate cake in one hand and a party blower in the other. The others are carrying their own party blowers and a few gifts they brought just for their hyung.

“Aigoo, will you guys keep quiet!?” Yifan half-whispers. They already had a hard time sneaking out to buy the cake because of the fans crowding outside and the strict security. They surely don’t want to get caught in the hallways by disturbing the other guests, right?

“Alright, guys. We sneak in very quietly inside, okay?” Jongdae reminds.

“And don’t wake him up!” Yixing adds.

Tao jumps up and down in excitement, “Yes! Let’s go!”

 

In the middle of Luhan’s sleep, he’s suddenly awakened by faint sounds of feet on the carpeted floor. Ugh, what’s that noise. He rubs his eyes and decides to turn around to the source of the noise because it’s starting to annoy him. It’s probably Tao and Yifan coming back from a party motel, he thinks. As he turns around, the sound of part blowers invades his ears and his eyes shoot wide open.

 

“Happy birthday Luhan!!!” the boys shout altogether.

“Ow, that hurt. You don’t need to shout, I’m just in front of you guys.” Luhan laughs and rubs the sleep from his eyes.

“Blow your birthday cake Luhan ge!” Tao says excitedly. Luhan scans the room for someone before he leans down to blow the candle.

“Hyung’s finally half-fifty!” Jongdae jokes. They all laugh and each gives Luhan their present.

“You better like my gift because that’s damn expensive.” Yifan adds.

“I’m sure I will. Thank you guys, you’re really the best.” Luhan says gratefully and smiles.

“Ah, don’t start with the cheesiness hyung.” Yixing says. “Just kidding, we love you too.”

Luhan looks around for the oldest but he still sees no sign of him. He hesitates but his curiosity finally makes him ask.

“Guys, where’s Minseok?” The others pause and look at each other. His question is left hanging until Yixing speaks up.

“Hyung… it seems like he forgot it was your birthday.”

 

Oh. Luhan thinks.

 

“Don’t worry hyung. I’m sure he’ll remember tomorrow.” The maknae reassures.

Jongdae pats Luhan’s shoulder, “And if he doesn’t, we’ll smack him in the head for you.”

 

Luhan can’t help but feel disappointed. He feels childish but he just couldn’t believe that Minseok forgot his birthday. He knows the guy is a forgetful person. But out of all the days, he has to forget this one? Maybe I should guilt-trip him tomorrow, Luhan thinks. He decides to ignore his disappointment so as not to waste the surprise s prepared for him.

 

He forces a smile and says, “Nah, it’s okay. He’s probably busy with other stuff anyways.”

 

-

 

The boys have long gone and Luhan is trying to get the few hours of sleep he has left before their manager comes banging on the door. He can get a little annoying sometimes but Luhan can’t blame him. It’s probably stressful to be managing twelve rowdy boys with schedules left and right. Plus, you can’t not mention the number of crazy fans following them 24/7.

 

“Luhan.”

 

“Luhan.” A familiar voice is sounding in the boy’s ears. Luhan’s too sleepy and lazy to move.

 

“Lu-ge~” A hand is now shaking his shoulder lightly and Luhan finally sits up on the bed upon hearing the name the other person called him. No one calls him ‘Lu-ge’ that cutely except for one person.

 

He is greeted with a smile from the pink-haired boy who was still wearing his polka dot pajamas. “Happy birthday Luhan!” the boy says happily.

“Minseok!” the younger said, slightly surprised. “I-I thought you forgot...” he stammered.

“Why would you think that I’d forget?” Minseok pouts.

“Because the others said, last night!” Luhan says. Minseok laughs after hearing the younger’s whines.

“They were just playing with you. I really planned to “forget” last night so I could surprise you on my own.” The older winks.

“Oh, why did you want to surprise me alone? Did you plan something that we need to do privately?” Luhan wiggles his eyebrows. Minseok’s cheeks blush a rosy pink and he quickly shakes his head.

“N-no, no! I came with something else.” He replies.

Luhan pouts a little and says, “Aw, too bad. What did you plan anyway?”

Minseok stands up and goes outside the room. And as he returns, he’s carrying a wooden tray with him.

“Actually, I prepared… breakfast in bed for you!” he says as he lays the tray in front of Luhan.

“Wow, food! This is perfect because I’m starving already.” The younger exclaims.

 

There’s omelette, bacon, bread, and orange juice in the tray. There’s even a small rose with a tag saying “Happy Birthday Luhan!” on it in Minseok’s handwriting. Luhan knows it’s the older’s penmanship because it’s neat and looks like it’s written carefully. He absolutely loves it.

 

Minseok takes the spoon and fork to slice a piece of omelette. He lifts it to Luhan’s mouth and says, “Taste this, I’m the one who cooked it!”

Luhan opens his mouth and chews slowly. His face scrunches up in an unreadable expression and Minseok’s face falls.

“It doesn’t taste good?” the older asks.

The younger smiles at Minseok’s adorable expression. “I’m just kidding. It’s delicious!”

Minseok scowls jokingly at the younger, “Hmph, I thought you didn’t like it.”

“Of course I love it!” he says. “Thank you, Minseok.” He smiles softly at the other and pulls him in for a hug. They hold each other like that for a long time.

“Thank you. You already made my day even if it’s just starting.” Luhan says to the side of the other’s head.

“You’re welcome, I’m glad you liked it.” Minseok smiles and hugs the younger tighter.

 

 

 

 

~

So there, I hope you liked it! Comment down what you think :)

 

Have a goood day!