2015 March 22

Three Hundred Fifty-Six
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jongin tossed and his bed until his alarm went off. He slowly opened his eyes tiredly. His eyes were still wet with fresh tears and his hand clutched tightly on the old letter from his girlfriend. Realizing the object was still in his hand, he raised it up to his eyelevel and once again, read each word carefully. After the surprise visit of Minsoo nine days ago, he felt uneasy and suspicious. Miyeon was never the type who plans things out ahead of time, let alone writing the letter more than a week in advance; she has always been spontaneous about almost everything. The weird thing is the letter was dated for their one-year anniversary instead of the date of whichever day she decided to write the letter. Moreover, her mom said that she found the letter neatly placed on her desk. Did she not plan to give it to Jongin in person? Perhaps…

Jongin shook away the terrifying thought and got up from his bed and set the letter back into its envelope.

“Two years.” He stared at his reflection in the mirror and smoothed out his hair. His hand unconsciously found its way to his necklace. He sighed as he glided his finger along the smooth surface of the ring.

Another long sigh escaped languidly. “Letting go of you… When would it become easier?”

 

 

 

He circled his small apartment aimlessly before deciding to check the mail. It was bright out. The sun was blinding as soon as he opened his door. Light immediately flooded his dark apartment. The furnitures bathed themselves in the rare sunlight for those short moments that the boy decided to go out before sunset. He stopped taking liking in the bright, cheerful sunlight of a warm spring day. The perfect weather of a spring day only reminded him of her.

He took the whole stack of advertisements in with him and shut the door behind him. The room returned to the old gloomy state.

“What’s this?” said he, picking up the small, sky blue envelope from the stack of junk mails on the table. “No sender?” he flipped the enveloped back and forth but only his name was neatly written on the lower right corner.

Brushing away the tingling odd feelings, he grabbed his letter opener and cut the envelope open.

 

                                                 

 2015 March 22

Kim Jong In,

 

 

What is this? A cruel joke? No, this is definitely Miyeon’s handwriting! He almost dropped the letter after recognizing the familiar handwriting.

He immediately ran to door and looked around in hope of seeing the sender because there was no postal st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter