Final

First snow
Please log in to read the full chapter

  

 

Every day felt the same to her. Day by day, from gray to grayer, the same stinging pain in her heart as everyone just moved right past her. Most of her friends had given up hope, all but few that held to the last hope.

 

There, yet again, she laid on the cold floor dozens of photos strewn around her, they were happy pictures of a forgotten past.

 

It held the girl happy with bright smile, girl next to a guy that was as happy as her, or even more. But it all was from the past, just memories pulled in the sea of time, gone and never coming back.

 

The girl laying down on the floor lightly caressed the face of the boy, big, salty tears running down her pale cheeks, small sniffles coming out of .

 

The room around her was trashed, things smashed and pieces of glass laying around the wooden floor from things thrown against the wall in pain filled anger.

 

Small trails of blood came from cuts on the girls body, but she ignored them feeling numb and immune to pain.

 

The girl lifted the picture with trembling hand off the floor and placed a light teary kiss on the boys face before her hand fell back down on the floor, sobs rocking her frail body.

 

''Why you...It had to be me.'' The girl sobbing whispered to the picture. ''The gun was pointed at me, why did you jump in front of it!'' The sobs of the girl turned louder and louder as she hugged her body, as if trying to hold herself together.

 

She closed her eyes remembering every aspect of the night he left her....

 

….

 

She was caught by some men, supposedly some people that had bad past with her father. But... there was a problem. She didn't know anything about her father as she was a orphan, but it didn't change their thoughts of making her pay the price of her father.

 

And then it happened. She was thrown against the wall ready to be shot, few hours after being tortured, but at that moment, just before the trigger was pulled he jumped out from behind some boxed ad stood in front of her taking a shot in the chest that was meant for her, police sirens blaring outside just few moments too late.

 

After that... everything became a blur.

 

...

 

After that memory the girl laid on the floor, numb, after few hours that to her felt like decades, she numbly pulled herself in the shower and turned it getting in not waiting for the water to heat up and sitting under the water with her clothes, hugging her knees and numbly looking in the far while the water poured on her.

 

Hour or two went by as she sat under the shower the water turning cold again. The water washed away the rest of her tears from her cheeks and slowly she stood up water dripping from the wet clothes that clung to her once healthy but now bony body, her red bit sunken in eyes looking around the bath room before pealing off the wet clothes and letting them fall to the grown as she pulled herself to her closet and pulled out another set of clothes.

 

The girl let her trembling fingers go thrum her now short bob styled hair not even spearing a glance at the covered mirror too afraid to see what she would see in the reflection.

 

Slowly she moved thrum the quiet apartment that looked as if no one has lived in it for months, everything coated in dust, but it was just like that. She was too afraid to move anything, afraid that his presence would disappear.

 

His favorite dvd's still spread on the table as if they had a movie night just last ni

Please log in to read the full chapter